NEurope
Retro_Link

The Avengers

Brubaker on Cap is one of the defining runs of all time- especially with Barnes taking on the role later on. It's been absolutely amazing.

Glad to know they're going with the much better Ultimates route with the Hulk.

I hope this does well so Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver get introduced. I love 'em. And if they use the Ultimate versions, it won't be as random (random as in having a gypsy witch on the team would seem out of place).

ultimates8.jpg

I would love to see the Scarlet Witch introduced in a sequel, don't know anything about ultimate versions, but it would fit in with what I'd like to see from an Avengers movie. Is Hank (antman/giantman/yellowjacket) Pym in the first at all, if so that would fit in nicely with my idea for Ultron as a villain, and the coming of the Vision.

Don't think he's on the team in this one, it was him and Wasp everyone was waiting for to be cast, but seems they didn't want them.

Ultimate Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver arrive on the Ultimates (Avengers) similarly to the normal versions...trying to atone for their involvement in the terrorist group, The Brotherhood. She's not an actual witch though (as the other one is a magic user as well as a mutant), this one just has her Probability Control powers. And she has to do the math of the likelihood of something happening for her to to do it (IIRC). But she's much more assertive and good at fighting too.

Quicksilver's pretty much the same.

However, there's a strong overtone of sexual deviancy amongst the pair, it's discussed openly among the other Ultimates that Quicksilver is clearly in love with his own sister, and Scarlet Witch flirts with a robot (which then becomes obsessed with her and kills her - think it becomes Ultron, can't remember).

Well no, I don't think it would be necessary (or ever make it into) the films. :p

It fits in the comics, since the others perceive them as these weirdo outsider former terrorist mutant freaks with the insane dad anyway (initially).

And in more Avengers news... it's filming in New Mexico...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/114/1141766p1.html

Even though past rumors had pegged the Marvel film's production as happening in New York or Los Angeles, in fact the Joss Whedon directed movie will be shooting in New Mexico.

"In addition to being our biggest production to date, The Avengers will be the most technologically advanced and will provide cutting-edge training opportunities for our crew," said New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson in a press release. Because that's exactly what you want on your $200 million-plus movie -- on the job training.

The shoot will take place mostly at Albuquerque Studios between April and September of 2011, which isn't that long from now at all! Some production will also happen in New York and Michigan.

"We had a terrific experience shooting portions of Thor in the Land of Enchantment and we are looking forward to making New Mexico even more of a home on our next production,'' said Louis D'Esposito, co-president of Marvel Studios.

This also raises an interesting question regarding the film's storyline -- will it involve a hunt for the Hulk through the deserts of the Southwest? Stay tuned, true believers!

Sounds good if true, the creation of Ultron sets up the possibility of the Vision coming along, especially with Wonder Man making an appearance.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/114/1142351p1.html

Hawkeye's Early Appearance

Renner's archer may cameo in another Marvel movie before Avengers.

The story goes that you won't have to wait until The Avengers to see Hawkeye on the big screen.

TheWrap claims that actor Jeremy Renner will make a cameo as Clint Barton in this May's release of Thor.

Rumors of Renner's appearance have been debated for awhile now, but now "an individual who has seen an early cut of Thor confirmed to TheWrap that Renner's Hawkeye appears in the film, although the person declined to elaborate on the context of the character's appearance or when it will occur. They did, however, confirm [samuel L.] Jackson's earlier statements that Nick Fury does not appear in Thor."

Thor seems a slightly odd choice for Hawkeye to debut in?... but exciting nonetheless!

Possibly the after the credits scene, possibly just in one of the inevitable countless SHIELD scenes I guess.

Possibly the after the credits scene, possibly just in one of the inevitable countless SHIELD scenes I guess.
I thought a frozen Captain America seemed like a likely end of credits scene for Thor... especially as The Incredible Hulk has basically been whipped from the series (not that it was ever really in it anyway).

If Nick Fury's not in Thor, I'm not sure there will be many SHIELD scenes? It would seem wierd for him to appear alongside Agent Coulson. Alongside Black Widow yes, but no news on ScarJo being in the film.

I thought a frozen Captain America seemed like a likely end of credits scene for Thor... especially as The Incredible Hulk has basically been whipped from the series (not that it was ever really in it anyway).

If Nick Fury's not in Thor' date=' I'm not sure there will be many SHIELD scenes? It would seem wierd for him to appear alongside Agent Coulson. Alongside Black Widow yes, but no news on ScarJo being in the film.[/quote']

Well there's gotta be a few SHIELD scenes. There is at least that one from the trailer/etc.

Oh OK, I haven't watched the latest trailer! :D

But I can def see the after credits being another 'We've found him/it sir'... with Cap or his shield.

The after credits scene for Thor has actually already been leaked:

A SHIELD agent walks up to a tented off area in the Antarctic, goes in then you see him on the phone, saying "Its here sir, we found it". Then the camera pans around to find:

homebrewgreenlanternring.jpg

Edited by Happenstance

Oh OK' date=' I haven't watched the latest trailer! :D

But I can def see the after credits being another 'We've found him/it sir'... with Cap or his shield.[/quote']

Well they won't do a 'we've found it sir' cause in Iron Man 2 he uses it to prop up the particle accelerator (lol awful) when Agent Coulson's there and Coulson's all like 'how did you get this'. PLUS in the first film it was on his desk in the scene where Pepper walks in on him while his armour is being removed. So they already have his shield...

Which in fact suggests that they have already found Captain America before the first Iron Man film, or they know about him in some way. I don't know much about the comics though, so I guess there may be a reason why they have his shield but not him?

Yeah but it begs the question why did he make a shield that perfectly matches the Cap's? Agent Coulson says (I just looked it up :p) "What's this doing here? Do you know what this is?" When he finds the shield.

Captain America in their world is a national hero, he would know what the shield looks like. Plus its possible that Howard Stark even had something to do with the shield, maybe he was just working on one of his fathers designs.

Y'all make good points. I suppose we'll find out when the film comes out soon :D (It feels much closer now that it's actually 2011)

My main reason for mentioning Howard Stark was because:

At one point in the movie the Stark Expo that Tony brought back in Iron Man 2 will appear in Steve Rogers time. Plus we know that Howard Stark worked with SHIELD

Plus Howard Stark is in Captain America.

The after credits scene for Thor has actually already been leaked:

A SHIELD agent walks up to a tented off area in the Antarctic, goes in then you see him on the phone, saying "Its here sir, we found it". Then the camera pans around to find:

homebrewgreenlanternring.jpg

Major lolz. :D

Plus Howard Stark is in Captain America.
Yeah I was gonna say; I always pressumed Tony Stark had that shield knocking about in his workshop because it was just in amongst things his dad left behind, and maybe the one in Iron Man 2 was just him working on it... His dad being involved in the setup of SHIELD and the Super Soldier program after all.

Chris Hemsworth talks Avengers:

2011 will be a big year for Aussie boy done good Chris Hemsworth, what with “Thor†about to hammer cinemagoers in a couple of months, and the just-as-huge film that he’s got lined up afterwards.

After making his debut as the Norse God in Kenneth Branagh’s blockbuster in May, Hemsworth’s Thor will team with his fellow Marvel Comic Characters in “The Avengersâ€.

Despite the fact “The Avengers†– directed by Joss Whedon – is gearing up to shoot soon, Hemsworth tells MTV that he doesn’t know much about it yet.

He has read one draft of the script though.

“I saw a very early draft and, yeah, it’s incredible,†Hemsworth said of Whedon’s script, “…Look, everything about the story in the comic books is huge. You have these huge, big superheroes and these huge, big egos kind of crammed into one small space. Reading the script, it was massive. I said to Joss [Whedon], ‘I don’t know how you’re going to shoot this thing, but I’m excited to be onboard and let’s give it a go.’â€

Hemsworth, who got his break on Aussie soapie “Home & Awayâ€, hinted that

‘The Hulk’ (Mark Ruffalo) may be the film’s villain, and that the big green guy and the Norse God may come to blows in the movie.