NEurope
Retro_Link

The Avengers

The terrorist group in IM1 was called The 10 Rings which was a nod/reference/easter egg to The Mandarin.

Maybe, but I remember people saying the warlord who captured Stark ended up becoming the Mandarin before the film ended, this was pre release though.

Well I'm fully up for a second Captain America... seeing him fighting solo in his 21stCentury get-up.

captain_america_salinger.jpg

A third may be too much, but it's years away and so may end up not happening.

image3.jpg

And tbf, having a vast catalogue of enemies to choose from didn't stop the Spiderman 3 sucking!

This was due to disagreement between the studio and Raimi, though. (When will studios learn to keep their hands off the creative process?)

You can't blame the studio for everything that was iffy about Spider-Man 3.

You can't blame the studio for everything that was iffy about Spider-Man 3.

I didn't! Stop putting words into my mouth! :p I merely stated that the shoehorning of Venom was a decision on the studio's part while Raimi, who dislikes Venom, wanted to focus on Sandman's story. The result: An awkward mash of villains in the end.

Wow, get Retro and all his comic knowledge!

But there is no reason to think any further sequels of any of these films will be bad. We havn't even had the first of some of them yet, and they've got 70 years and in most cases 750+ issues of comics to garner inspiration from. All the headliners have had massive storylines from time to time.

Old rumours have resurfaced regarding the likely villians in this movie...

*spoilers* (but we've talked about all these things here before, so not really)

The Avengers' Villains Revealed?

Earth's Mightiest Heroes will reportedly face cosmic enemies.

In order to prove that they deserve to be called Earth's Mightiest Heroes, The Avengers will naturally need to go up against a cosmic threat in their big screen debut. And a new report claims that's exactly what happens -- and then some.

According to Latino Review, the central villain of the Marvel team-up movie will be Loki, the god of mischief soon to be seen in Thor as played by Tom Hiddleston. (The actor's been coy in the past when pressed about whether or not he'll also appear in The Avengers.) If this is true, then some spoilers follow.

"Loki needs some serious muscle to go up against The Avengers and he does this by using the cosmic cube seen in Captain America: The First Avenger and also seen in the screen capture I took of the Thor Comic-Con trailer," the site reports. "Loki uses the cube to get a hold of the Aliens (aka The Skrulls) to invade Earth and fight The Avengers."

It should be noted that in the Thor movie, the Asgardians aren't the mythological gods they are in the comics but rather aliens whom ancient earthlings worshiped as deities.

If The Skrull are in this, then my interest is about as low as it could possibly go right now (before seeing any trailers to possibly boost it back up).

I cannot see how they can be done without looking absolutely shit!... which they do anyway.

If The Skrull are in this, then my interest is about as low as it could possibly go right now (before seeing any trailers to possibly boost it back up).

I cannot see how they can be done without looking absolutely shit!... which they do anyway.

It's called using the Ultimate Skrulls...

1621609-chitauri__2__super.jpg

: peace:

It's called using the Ultimate Skrulls...

: peace:

Would still look aweful!

Villians that reley on CGI are not a good thing!

And so far something Iron Man has great job of, and Captain America looks to follow.

Meh, I wanna see this live action:

cdn.alt1040.com.files.2010.05.Skrull-Clasico.jpg

Stick 'em in Fantastic Four by all means! They belong in that joke of a series!

Just keep 'em away from The Avengers!

Or atleast the first movie... then they can fuck it up!

I met the 1st (2nd?) assistant director of Captain America yesterday. She told me that Avengers may have to be filmed in Eastern Europe somewhere because there's no room in any of the big studios in the UK. They've all been booked out.

IGN have a new Thor clip up with Hawkeye in.

I won't be watching it though, so you'll have to go find it yourselves! :D

IGN have a new Thor clip up with Hawkeye in.

I won't be watching it though, so you'll have to go find it yourselves! :D

I posted the Hawkeye bit! look!

Yeah no I saw that, that's what prompted my post. I assumed his presence in the new clip would be more than a static image, but I guess not.

Mark Ruffalo/Hulk News

Video Interview

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/116/1165201p1.html

Really liking the sound of the relationship with Tony Stark... sounds perfect for Tony and funny too.

---

Other info...

---

Ruffalo, on Jimmy Kimmel Live, let slip what the rest of the team thinks about Hulk.

"He's like the teammate none of them are sure they want on their team. He's a loose cannon. It's like, 'Just throw a grenade in the middle of the group and let's hope it turns out well!"

Edited by Retro_Link

Ahh, so they're going all Serkis with him...interesting. That's pretty cool, actually.

Also, having seen the Frost Giants in Thor, I'd feel slightly (only slightly mind) more confident about them pulling off The Skrull, should they choose to use them.

I still think Loki/Hulk would be the best first film scenario... though that perhaps looks a little less likely now? I'm not sure it could last a whole film... it depends how much time they are going to spend on The Avengers themselves.

Edited by Retro_Link