NEurope
Retro_Link

The Avengers

I hope so, since Ultimates is the best thing they could possibly base this on. However, I have a feeling Marvel might not like one of their biggest heroes being used like that...

Who knows?

The Hulk was also why The Avengers formed, Paj. Not just The Ultimates. In the original, he goes on a bit of a bender and trashes some stuff so they form a team to take him down.

in the end....

It turns out to be Loki messing with The Hulk's head. So really, he's the badguy.

Yeah but Ultimates did it better/more stunningly. Plus in 616 he joined the Avengers afterwards...

Just no.

At least he left. That was in character.

I hate the fact that he is (probably/possibly) the villain. He could have been dealt with as the first thing that needs to unite The Avengers and then they move on to deal with another threat.

We already had the Hulk movie where he smashed things, and it was by far the weakest of the new Marvel films, and now we're focusing on him again. Nymeh.

I hate the fact that he is (probably/possibly) the villain. He could have been dealt with as the first thing that needs to unite The Avengers and then they move on to deal with another threat.

We already had the Hulk movie where he smashed things, and it was by far the weakest of the new Marvel films, and now we're focusing on him again. Nymeh.

No ones said he is the main/only villian, and it's still just a rumour.

You have to admit Hulk & Loki seem the best way to go for the first film. Two characters already established in a film that will already be very overpowering character wise, makes good sense. And from what I've watched on youtube, the Ultimate Avengers/Hulk fight looks a lot of fun.

Do you think they'll be assembled off-film, or at the start of The Avengers/end of Captain America?... I can't see them taking up much time from Captain.

... Oh actually I guess it will be the after credits scene of Captain... the The Avengers can start with a fight in which they're pretty disfunctional.

I don't think they'll properly be in Cap, probably just...visually....nodded? Or something.

And I see where you're coming from about already established characters, and I do agree to an extent, but in the case of Hulk and Loki (should they be the main/only villains) then its just already-trodden-ground IMO.

I mean...it'll still be the greatest action film ever made, but ...you know. :p

--------

Having just watched that video, it seems to kind of elude that Hawkeye might be the after the credits scene of Thor. :D

Having just watched that video, it seems to kind of elude that Hawkeye might be the after the credits scene of Thor. :D
Oooh what video?

Yeah that was rumoured a while back wasn't it... would be awesome! Hawkeye seems like a strange character to appear singularly alongside Thor though. Unless he helps SHIELD bring Thor in, by firing some sort of Arrow at him?

I assume more in-movie references will be made the Avengers Program in Thor and Captain America (using the after-credits bits too) until the Avengers starts with them forming properly (so it works as a stand-alone film in case people hadn't seen the previous films).

Cool.

Ah right, so it will be SHIELD finding/tracking down Hawkeye! :D

Also, it depends slightly how much Loki is in Thor... he may not play much of a part outside of the Asgard scenes, playing his part their... and follow Thor to Earth as the film closes.

Surely they'll be SO much going on in The Avengers anyway... but I'd rather they established the franchise safely (and by that I mean without it being overly complicated and cluttered)... than introduce new villians on top of building on Hawkeye, and maybe some other Avengers like Wasp et al?

EDIT: Ah TBF that video didn't say Hulk would be the badguy, just that the two characters do tend to clash.

Edited by Retro_Link

SHIELD Agent Maria Hill, close to being cast...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/114/1148095p1.html

Smulders Almost in The Avengers

The How I Met Your Mother closing in on role of Maria Hill.

How I Met Your Mother cast member Cobie Smulders is said to be the one to beat for the role of S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Maria Hill in The Avengers.

Deadline reports that Smulders "has emerged as the front runner for the role," and they add "that a deal could be done before the weekend is out."

cobiesmulders-mariahill_1296928086.jpg

As The Avengers begins filming in April, the shooting schedule would align with her annual hiatus from How I Met Your Mother.

I love joss Whedon's willingness to use jokes. Maria Hill is so essentch too.

I love that Maria Hill is in it. One of my favourite female characters.

OBVIOUSLY/Of Course, the favourite is Victoria Hand.

Everyone hated Hill, then Worlds Most Wanted happened and the public finally realised what was really going on: Stunnage.

Ruffalo talks Hulk

Mark Ruffalo has revealed on Twitter details of what his new Hulk character in forthcoming mocie The Avengers will look like.

The actor, who in a battle of the superheroes, lost out to The Dark Knight's Christian Bale for Best Supporting Actor at Sunday night's Oscars tweeted: "I'm not sure on the exact colour. I am pretty certain hair will be black and wild and he will have mostly my features."

Whilst on the red carpet, Mark hinted at a new direction for his character, telling MTV: "There's some great Bruce Banner stuff [in The Avengers], kind of a slant on him that we haven't seen before... he's introduced in a really great way."

I'm just wondering, is the Avengers movie going to mean an end to the main characters getting further movies. Would make sense to keep them all together now they've done it, but they all also got solo comics as well as the team title.

Personally I'm not sure Thor or Captain America can sustain further films. Iron Man is starting to get boring too to be honest.

I think/hope it will all converge into AVENGERS. And Iron Man III seems entirely unnecessary with Avengers on the way. And especially so if Avengers will have sequels.

Iron Man 3 already has a release date and is going ahead.

Chris Evans has signed up for 3 Captain America movies.

No word on Thor as yet.

Iron Man 3 already has a release date and is going ahead.

Chris Evans has signed up for 3 Captain America movies.

This is just ridiculous.

What's it going to be, another Iron Clone for villain number 3, and Cap vs Red Skull x 3?

Not being funny, but they aren't like Spiderman, and have loads of notable villains.

This is just ridiculous.

What's it going to be, another Iron Clone for villain number 3, and Cap vs Red Skull x 3?

Not being funny, but they aren't like Spiderman, and have loads of notable villains.

Well Iron Man still has a few adversaries, including The Mandarin who arguably his greatest. So that's fine, and presumably where they're going to go with the film, seeing as The Avengers films will open the Iron Man movie universe up to more supernatural elements.

Captain America I don't know who he has, but he's one of the most iconic superhero's of all time, so it makes sense to see more than one appearance from him. Especially as The First Avenger will only really be telling his backstory and predominantly have him in his Mk1 costume.

And tbf, having a vast catalogue of enemies to choose from didn't stop the Spiderman 3 sucking!

Edited by Retro_Link

Well Iron Man still has a few adversaries, including The Mandarin who arguably his greatest. So that's fine, and presumably where they're going to go with the film, seeing as The Avengers films will open the Iron Man movie universe up to more supernatural elements.

Wasn't the Mandarin rumoured to have been in the first film?

Still, don't really like him as a villain, I've read a fair bit of early Iron Man, and don't really remember him being that big. Justin Hammer was more of a threat as I remember.

Captain America I don't know who he has, but he's one of the most iconic superhero's of all time, so it makes sense to see more than one appearance from him.

Yeah, but it's always Cap vs Red Skull, probably start to bore by the third.

Wasn't the Mandarin rumoured to have been in the first film?

Still, don't really like him as a villain, I've read a fair bit of early Iron Man, and don't really remember him being that big. Justin Hammer was more of a threat as I remember.

The terrorist group in IM1 was called The 10 Rings which was a nod/reference/easter egg to The Mandarin.

Well I'm fully up for a second Captain America... seeing him fighting solo in his 21stCentury get-up. A third may be too much, but it's years away and so may end up not happening.