NEurope
Retro_Link

The Avengers

Anyone else think that maybe the scene with the street exploding at the start is waiting to have alien figher ships CGI'd into it?

No.

I mean, no.

Sorry, what I meant to say was no

Oh.

I mean, oh.

Sorry, what I meant to say was oh

---

How do The Skull get to Earth/around then?

I presumed there'd be some sort of ship/s involved? Several times during the trailer people are looking up to/shooting at the sky.

That street explosion just looks a bit odd at the moment, as you can't tell what's causing the chain of explosions.

Edited by Retro_Link

There are some very obvious lasers at one point. Well, not lasers, but you know what I mean. About half-way through the trailer blue light-beam-explosion-rays blow up cars in a very un-Loki-like way.

There are some very obvious lasers at one point. Well, not lasers, but you know what I mean. About half-way through the trailer blue light-beam-explosion-rays blow up cars in a very un-Loki-like way.
I think we're meant to presume at this point that they came from Loki's blue glowing staff, but yeah...!

---

Thor fighting Capt A... that's probably when/where Thor arrives back on Earth? (given the destruction of the woodland)... and Cap goes to meet him?

@1:28 - Stark Tower.

Edited by Retro_Link

Typo fail!

Do the Skrull come in attack ships?

Seems strange everyones presuming they're in it actually, when there's every chance they aren't.

from what I've read, Loki has been travelling the various realms gathering an army under his banner. Could mean the Skrulls aren't so much aliens as being from another dimension. it also means thatg the Red Skull might be involved as he seemed to go all asgardian when he 'died' in Captain America.

it also means thatg the Red Skull might be involved as he seemed to go all asgardian when he 'died' in Captain America.

Yeah that is how I took that scene, that he was transported to another realm rather than simply dieing!

Yeah defintely looked like that, but I'd be surprised to see him show up so soon in The Avengers... I'm thinking Avengers 2 or more likely Captain America 3 (as far off as they are right now!)

That trailer is awesome! i am so hyped for the film now

and i just looked at that cancelled game trailer, WHY? that looked awesome

The Avengers after credits is blatantly going to be a villain (Loki) walking into a room that already contains Red Skull, Abomination and Iron Monger/Stane.

Nah that would be lame, recycling badguys from the first films!

Not sure what the eventual fate of Abomination would have been, but I wouldn't put much on Slane still being around.

Surely it will have to be something Iron Man 3 based... I'd be surprised if they have anything locked down storywise that they could film for an Avengers sequel.

Edited by Retro_Link

Something im wondering is how are they going to address Thor's return to Earth. You dont want to spend too much time on it but also it cant feel too cheap considering he was trapped in Asgard for now and while we know Jane Foster was working on a bridge from our end, if thats used theyre going to have to explain her absense as well.

IGN Trailer Rewind - Bit rubbish though tbh!

Something im wondering is how are they going to address Thor's return to Earth. You dont want to spend too much time on it but also it cant feel too cheap considering he was trapped in Asgard for now and while we know Jane Foster was working on a bridge from our end, if thats used theyre going to have to explain her absense as well.
You can have my post from the Thor thread! :p

Thor might mention her in he Avengers, but on his arrival back on Earth he's got the immediate threat of his brother to deal with, so he does have some justifictation for not giving her a call right away :p... he may well have been watching Loki's destruction on Earth from Asgard.

When the film ends Thor will likely depart to find her.

But yeah I can't work out how he's getting to Earth... I can only think he learns of the path Loki took (Loki said there are back ways between the realms doesn't he).

But then from the trailer it looks to me like Capt may be their to meet Thor when he arrives on Earth (the fight scene)... so maybe SHIELD do find a way?

What are your thoughts on it?

Maybe it is just so many months later and they've rebuilt it just in time?

Edited by Retro_Link

Its hard to say really. Maybe they'll mess around with the time lines a bit and have Thor 2 set before Avengers, kind of like how the very end of the Incredible Hulk with Tony Stark is actually set after Iron Man 2 even though it came out before.

Trailer was ok/entertaining but not mind-blowing. Made it seem quite small-scale, as though it will all take place in the same area or something. But then they obviously don't want to give anything away. Obviously excited for the outcome. And glad Black Widow is being considered a full member - I was scared she'd be a second-stringer.

Trailer was ok/entertaining but not mind-blowing. Made it seem quite small-scale, as though it will all take place in the same area or something. But then they obviously don't want to give anything away. Obviously excited for the outcome. And glad Black Widow is being considered a full member - I was scared she'd be a second-stringer.

If you watch the video Retro_Link posted above they make a point of mentioning that one of the scenes is set in Germany or Austria, suggesting it will be more global than a simple "HOLY SHIT EVERYTHING IN NEW YORK IS EXPLODING" sort of thing. Also it looks like Bruce Banner's still in a shanty town at one point.

It does make me think - I know Spiderman and the Avengers are KIND OF different universes, they also totally are the same, especially after the new, 'realistic' version of Spiderman is out soon. So why is he not there for when shit blows up in New York? Is he on holiday for that week or something, or are we just meant to assume that he doesn't exist at all in this film?

Yeah Spiderman and The Avengers are very much the same universe, it's just Sony hold the film rights.

A bit of a shame because Spidey could have been a nice addition/cameo in a future Avengers film... especially with Andrew Garfield playing him, because he looks like he could fit into this gang really rather well.

Its like how Marvel tried to negotiate with Fox to get Wolverine to cameo in Captain America, they just couldnt get it done. Theyve done such a good job creating this Marvel Movie Universe, its a shame that they dont have all their movie rights so it could expand even further.

Definately! I wonder when Sony's rights run out compared to what year say Avengers 3 might come out... if there's any chance of a cameo then?

Dammit Marvel, not only how can you not own the rights, but how can you have drawn up a contract that meant you have no say over using your own characters!!!

Surely it would make sense (for both Sony and Marvel) for him to turn up, say "sorry, I can't stay because of [events in next Spidey film]"

Or something like that, but less lame.

It's things like that which really highlight the corporate claws wrapped around our franchises. Even though it would make for great cinema, they can't get past who would have to pay who and how much.

This talk of Spider Man has just made me rewatch The Amazing Spider Man trailer... and honestly I can't help thinking (with their recent run of success) that Marvel would be doing a better job with the franchise!

OK so we've only seen the first trailer, but it does look like it's taking itself a bit too seriously. Spider Man especially could do with that element of colour and humour that Marvel has brought to it's Avengers franchises to just lighten it up a little.

Edited by Retro_Link