NEurope
Retro_Link

The Avengers

Can I be locked out of this thread please @Dan Dare @Supergrunch @Mr_Odwin

I have an option "Ban User From Thread"... is that what you want Retro?

EDIT:

Oh now I get what Shorty means... yeah can't do it cause your a Mod sorry dude

If you want I can demod you till May?

...actually no we shall not go down that road

The Avengers To Be Renamed Avengers Assemble In The UK

In the sixties, there was a British TV series that also aired in the US, called The Avengers. A tongue-in-cheek spy action adventure series starring a bowler hatted pinstripe suited dapper fellow and selected beauties in skintight leather as his foil.

They ever made a rather poor film of the series a few years ago. Everyone tried to forget it.

Nevertheless, that original Avengers show still has a certain following in the UK and, it seems, in an attempt to avoid confusion,the upcoming Marvel Studio film The Avengers is to be renamed Avengers Assemble for the UK market. And here’s the new poster as proof…

02_AVG_Online1Sht_UK2_rgb.jpg

Notice, Black Widow is no longer doing the brokeback pose either. And they really want to show off Robert Downey Jr’s face.

A new US comic of the same title will be coming out at the same time. How fortuitous.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/02/28/the-avengers-to-be-renamed-avengers-assemble-in-the-uk/

What a strange decision. It always seems weird to me to change a title in the UK/Europe. It somewhat made sense that they changed the title of Mario Strikers, but this seems so arbitrary. Also, the new poster doesn't really look natural.

With them mentioning the TV show, I'm pretty sure it's due to copyright reasoning (see Star Fox 64).

Still, why not simply "Marvel Avengers"?

Surely they should have noticed something sooner regarding it's title?

Since they have been calling it The Avengers at the end of the other films which were last year!

"Avengers Assemble" is in some ways a much more stunning title. There's a sense of specificity to it, and it offers so much more than just "The Avengers", which is dull and to-the-point (in a non-interesting way). Offers more possibility for variance-within-conformity for sequels titles too.

And aside from the posters everyone else will refer to it as Avengers, not one single cinema will list it at avengers assemble, they always abbreviate everything

what an exercise in pointlessness :shakehead

Ack, copyright. Seriously...

On another note, Dannyboy said what I was thinking about the poster. It looks unsanely unnatural even given the setting. It is very obviously photoshopped. It might be the light around Iron Man's head that makes it seem like it was cut into the picture somehow.

The poster is pretty much to say: "Note to all women: This film has Robert Downey Jr’s face in it."

Man what a crap poster. I know the Hulks big and all but damn hes looks gigantic on that.

And the perspective of Nick Fury, Black Widow and the Cap is all wrong.

Terrible poster. I will keep referring to it as the Avengers. Pointless move.

The poster is pretty much to say: "Note to all women: This film has Robert Downey Jr’s face in it."

This.

I know a girl who 'loves' Iron Man 1 & 2, yet hates Capt and Thor.

She will be watching Avengers though... (You can guess why :hmm: )

Iron Man was the only decent Avengers lead up film... and by decent I mean fantastic! Thor was OK, Captain America left me cold... Incredible Hulk was... um... ok I suppose?

Anyway, they are smart to make Downey Jr the focus on the poster, since his Tony Stark is almost universally loved... even if the film is supposed to be focused mostly on Cap's perspective... *shudder*

They should have just renamed it "Marvel's Justice League"

No, the title would be too long because it would have to be changed so people didn't confuse it with the Justice League:

"Marvel's Justice League Except It Isn't Really, Because Justice League Is Pants"

It may be accurate, but doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.