NEurope
Murr

X-Men: First Class

It does seem like a weird mish mash of continuity, keeping some things and just dropping others.

Well, it is a comic book movie. :indeed:

theres loads of continuity errors really

in wolverine theres the young emma (frost as credited) but you could say its just a coincidentally similar character, or daughter as some online forums have tried to theorise... personally that seems worse

Then at the end of wolverine professor X guides the kids off three mile island, when they meet up with Patrick Stewart he's stood up, yet First class takes place 20/30 years before this so he should be paralised - a good explanation for this is he often projects his image into peoples minds and isn't paralysed in the projection, something done in the comics a fair bit, that i can believe and accept

In X-2 there is a TV interview between Dr Hank McCoy and an interviewer DR SHAW, he's not blue and fury in the interview, but beast did mess with serums to try and maintain a human form and failed so that could explain that, but it was widely reported that the Dr Shaw was a cameo of sebastian shaw. again a huge error

In Last Stand (ARRRG) Xavier and Erik are both there meeting jean grey....again walking iirc but yet first class shows them falling out, yet years later they are firends again... but this happens in the comics so during the 40 year period between them they could kiss and make up

i'm sure there are others

To say its confirmed as being a direct prequel, there are some huge errors

oh and i did wonder about Stryker, but after googling te one in first class is William's dad

Yeah, but it's obviously doing it's own thing. It's not like they FORGOT all this stuff. They wanted to tell the story they did, and they did. It still feels like part of the movie universe (which doesn't include Wolverine Origins for me, and most people I'd hope).

This is Bryan Singer (involvement) :p, so it could SIMPLY be that its a prequel to the first four fifth's of the first movie, and the first two eights, and last quarter of the second movie. Ignoring the third and XMOW.

People just need to get over it. I'm a massive X-Men fan and am over it, since all the continuity errors weren't like...good bits of the previous films anyway.

I like to remember certain parts of them too! i tend to ignore most of XMOW and Last Stand

I don't mind the issues and can ignore them, and i can easily ignore the the last bits of XMOW infact i can ignore everything after the point where stryker mentions the deadpool:nono:

I'm also a huge Xmen fan, i love all the films really, just some bits of them i think they smoked crack during lol

Yeah, I think if the most major continuity "errors" were simply "cock tease dangly bits" that they put in for fan satisfaction, then its all good.

For the (Meeting Jean for the first time one) as its a flashback, you could argue that we're seeing it from one of their point of views and they simply mis-remembered. Like Prof X...misremembering whether he waked or not. :p

Yeah, I think if the most major continuity "errors" were simply "cock tease dangly bits" that they put in for fan satisfaction, then its all good.

For the (Meeting Jean for the first time one) as its a flashback, you could argue that we're seeing it from one of their point of views and they simply mis-remembered. Like Prof X...misremembering whether he waked or not. :p

I can accept that

on the condition the make another movie fast

and with Brian stringer:bouncy:

I wonder if they'll just abandon the other films in order to introduce some of the actually good X-Men in the next film (I hope there is another film). I wouldn't mind that. I'm so ready for more of the old-time costumes like Magneto's.

If they just develop the currentpast X-Men more that could be fine too. And I mean...Mystique is clearly going to get preggers with Azazel's baby soon enough, which will be Nightcrawler. So that's a nod to the existing films. I'm over it.

We ALL know who is essential for the next film.

Debut_of_Dazzler.jpg

Saw this today. Thought it was ok but not as good as I was expecting after reading a lot of peoples comments. I only really liked Prof X and Magneto as characters and thought the story was a bit bleh. X-Men 1 and 2 are easily ahead of it for me and even though X3 wasnt a good movie, there were still bits of it that I enjoyed more than First Class.

@Paj! The Dazzler, David Dickinson's first foray into the movie scene? I'd watch it.

Oh yeah also, did any other X-Men fans notice that the one of the clubs at the beginning was called Lockheed?

Easily the best X-Men film. In regards to continuity; I like to think it as the other X-men films never happened so it fits fine with me.

Great film, loved it!

Finally watched this. It was okay. Some horribly cheesy lines at times.

Although at times X-Men feels like a too-rehearsed RPG. "Shame we don't have sonar." "We do."

Plus not enough James Ramar.

Finally watched this. It was okay. Some horribly cheesy lines at times.

I thought that it was pretty good despite some terrible characters in terms of concept, acting and relevance to the plot (mainly Banshee and Angel).

Cool to still see people talking about it.

I thought the thing was fucking nuts, one of if not my favourite action/superhero movies.

P.S I'm a comic nub