NEurope
Murr

X-Men: First Class

Vulcan was in that 12 issue arc a few years ago and first introduced in Deadly Genesis where you found out he was part of the secret first team Xavier sent to Krakoa

I hate things where they pointlessly retcon the past / it's a joke, if you pretend a new universe is created every time that happens.

I quite liked it as retcons go, only questionable part was Prof X not telling anyone he accidentally got a whole team of X-Men killed. Wouldn't you tell the All-New, All-Different team (the ones he assembled AFTER the failed ones retconned in) AFTER the mission was a success? I understand not doing it before so they trust you, but yeah.

I daren't watch. I already see the trailer too often at the cinema. I'm ready. I'm pert and ready.

I've closed my eyes and (made earthquakes in my ears) for Thor and Attack the Block like....five times now. :/

At least I won't have to do it for Thor any more.

Currently has 100% on Rotten Tomatoes (after 20 critic reviews. So will changed when more reviews pour in, but I'm even more excited now)

m8e6ix.jpg

In honour of this I suggest we all remind ourselves of the MOTION PICTURE ICON that is Rebecca Romijn as MYSTIQUE. So few lines but every one poignant. She gets her origin story told in this upcoming film. :bouncy:

The nakedness. The scales. The hair. The eyes. The voice. The mystique.

mystique-rebecca-romijn.jpg

Why don't you make yourself look like everybody else?

Because I shouldn't have to.

Raven is my slave name.

laststand3.jpg

I just love 100%. Not even 98%, like an acceptable amount before the reviews truly amass.

The lack of clips from the films online is sickening. She doesn't say much though and is very visual so for once I'll indulge in one of those awful tributes:

EDIT: It actually pauses just to let THE scene (Nightcrawler/Mystique) play out. <3

Edited by Paj!

Ugh. I love her. I find her so hot as well. Cos' shes naked. But she's blue. Proof that I'm not racist. But I do hate black people. Just kidding....I don't "hate" them.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this. I believe I'm doing my lovely "Watch with fellow comic book fans" technique.

Ugh. I love her. I find her so hot as well. Cos' shes naked. But she's blue. Proof that I'm not racist. But I do hate black people. Just kidding....I don't "hate" them.

skip to 1.18 (or don't, it's hilarious throughout)

The nakedness. The scales. The hair. The eyes. The voice. The mystique.

The lack of nipples, Nightcrawler probably chewed them off when breastfeeding though.

Magneto probably just insists on a modicum of decency to be in his gang. She has to adjust her scale distribution in polite company.

If you slip someone the nipple you give them all the power. If you withhold it from them you retain all the power.

It's why nipple slips are such a big issue in the press.

::shrug:

Mystique knows. Like...how do you deal with fighting a naked person? However, if she had nipples/vaj on display, she would just seem vulnerable.

Basically what you said Ashley.

Really, I'd of thought it would be more difficult for a person to want to fight a fully naked woman... you'd be tricked into her being delicate... and she'd use that time to own you!