NEurope
Murr

X-Men: First Class

But I'm just saying that so few people in the UK go to the cinema so the prices need to be high to make up for the loss. Obviously it is a two-way thing, but I don't think that it really warrants criminal activity. And giving Leicester Square in London as an example is really stupid because you've got to be a bit of an idiot to go there anyway. Everyone knows that's expensive. :P

I just can't see how people can justify downloading films in their heads. It basically means they'd shoplift if they could do it without getting caught. You're not taking money away from big faceless companies, you're taking money away from the artists who work on box arts, the guy in the factory making the discs, etc.

I think the Guardian article sums it up.

People, for the most part, only pirate because they are given a reason to. The music industry learnt this, the film industry has to, too.

I agree with parts of both of you.

I can understand download a movie because the price is just RIDICULOUS.

I mean....unlimited Cineworld, is like...14.99 per month. But the Odeon in my town is 9.30 peak and like....12.30 3D. Its god damn messed up. Like...that is disgustingly expensive. Two tickets - wahay, same price as Blu Ray for unlimited watches. Absolutely crazy. So I can understnad downloading because watching a film that you do´n't really care about is practically completely unjustifiable.

However I am also one who believes you SHOULD support movies. I never download cinema films, I very very very occasionally download movies at all. I can only think of about 5 or less.

I just can't see how people can justify downloading films in their heads. It basically means they'd shoplift if they could do it without getting caught. You're not taking money away from big faceless companies, you're taking money away from the artists who work on box arts, the guy in the factory making the discs, etc.

I often hear the argument for pirating that most of the money made from movies, music, etc. goes to the already disgustingly rich companies. Is this true/false/half 'n' half/artichoke?

(Maybe this discussion should be thripped?)

I just can't see how people can justify downloading films in their heads. It basically means they'd shoplift if they could do it without getting caught.

No it doesn't, when I can afford to I go to the cinema, when I can't I'll look for a torrent, if I can't find a torrent I'll just wait for it to appear on TV or get a DVD rental. It's not the same thing at all, and I have never, and would never shoplift.

Nobody is losing money, because there's no money for them to lose.

TBF, I have no qualms with shoplifting from Tescos / massive chain shops. The only people it hinders are the CEOs who are sitting on million pound yachts. Never done it mind you, mostly because occasion has never presented itself.

In fact, I think if everyone in the country simultaneously walked out of Tescos with a trolleyload of shit without paying, it'd do a lot of good.

I have no qualms DLing Hollywood films. But then make it my business to go and see fringe/alternative stuff in the cinema.

I've seen this today and it's definitely the best out of the X-Men series (X2 not being far behind, of course) and is probably the best superhero movie I've seen in years. I just loved everything about it. Better than I thought it might have been although there were a couple of bits I had problems with but that didn't spoil my enjoyment whatsoever. My favourites were Havoc and Beast, liked their characters a lot.

I've seen this today and it's definitely the best out of the X-Men series (X2 not being far behind, of course) and is probably the best superhero movie I've seen in years. I just loved everything about it. Better than I thought it might have been although there were a couple of bits I had problems with but that didn't spoil my enjoyment whatsoever. My favourites were Havoc and Beast, liked their characters a lot.

It was amazing. a must see in fact. I would say it is probably the best superherp film I've seen with the exception of The Dark Knight.

As for piracy, people don't do it for any other reason than it's easy to do and saves them money. I know people who watch pirated films, they do so because it's easy and cheap. There's not some deep reasoning behind it.

TBF, I have no qualms with shoplifting from Tescos / massive chain shops. The only people it hinders are the CEOs who are sitting on million pound yachts. Never done it mind you, mostly because occasion has never presented itself.

In fact, I think if everyone in the country simultaneously walked out of Tescos with a trolleyload of shit without paying, it'd do a lot of good.

I have no qualms DLing Hollywood films. But then make it my business to go and see fringe/alternative stuff in the cinema.

Yes, you probably don't. But if you want to move down the route of the law of the jungle and take what you want, it wouldn't end happily for most.

Edited by Zechs Merquise

With all the debate about cinema costs, I thought I would just let you all know I just went to see X-Men for £2.50. Cheap Tuesdays :D

Loved it by the way. LOVED IT.

It was inane. :p

Supersonic Boy is like the worst superhero ever. So unnecessary. Every scene he was in just made me burst out laughing he was so bad.

So forgettable.

Emma Frost was cool. So were the two main guys.

The rest were lame/pointless.

It also felt too long. I was sitting there like end ready. so predictable, story wasn't going anywhere.

Darwin amused me. (STAY HERE MY ASS) The final few minutes were cringey. :grin:

I loved it.

The thing is it had to be the way it was. It had to be cringy at the end and it was always going to be predictable. We knew what was going to happen. It was like Star Wars Episode 3 (great film too).

I like the less powerfull mutants. Just cause they are mutants doesn't mean they must all have awesome powers. I thought Banshee was set about right.

Banshee could have been the best. I don't know why they didn't make him Irish, I really don't.

Anyway, I really liked it. Despite a few swings towards cheese (Shaw, basically) It was a confident, stylish take on classic X-Men. Far, far superior to the original movies I thought.

Saw this last night and thought it was awesome. As many people have mentioned it was so much better than previous titles. (especially X-3 and Wolverine)

I really liked the fact that the story was based on a real historical plot, obviously just exaggerated for the mutant story line.

I wasn't too sure how watching young Magneto & Xavier would work out after being used to seeing them portrayed in X1-3, but really worked well. Loved the way they were portrayed.

Wolverine's brief cameo made me chuckle

Yeah that was great. Say what you will about the films but that's a perfect bit of casting right there.

It was inane. :p

Supersonic Boy is like the worst superhero ever. So unnecessary. Every scene he was in just made me burst out laughing he was so bad.

So forgettable.

Emma Frost was cool. So were the two main guys.

The rest were lame/pointless.

It also felt too long. I was sitting there like end ready. so predictable, story wasn't going anywhere.

Darwin amused me. (STAY HERE MY ASS) The final few minutes were cringey. :grin:

I disagree, I thought Fairy girl was the worst out of the lot, she basically had fairy wings and spat out acidballs, how random! (she was good-looking in the movie, mind).

Beast was the best though, he was always my favourite character in X-Men. I was expecting Beast to look a bit shite in the movie but he didn't and I loved it.

Edited by Animal

great movie, can't wait for the DVD/BlueRay, my only problem with the entire thing was the continuity issues with Emma, the other ones can be explained easily enough but that one not so much

Yeah Erik hunting Nazi's was profoundly awesome. If that's not the next Bond right there, something is wrong with the universe.

Gibbs: What errors?

I think Gibbs is referring to X-Men Origins : Wolverine, however I have no recollection of any of the events in that movie, so I won't comment.

I'd say he prolly means cause Emma appears in X-Men: Origins - Wolverine.... in which case I think we are either ignoring Wolverine from cannon and/or assuming that Emma was just a different mutant with the same first name (character is credited as just "Emma"*) and only the diamond form ability (character in Wolverine showed no sign of telepathic powers)

*I know promotional posters had her name as Emma Frost but again... IGNORE :heh:

It does seem like a weird mish mash of continuity, keeping some things and just dropping others.

Well in all fairness it's not like the "Emma" in Wolverine did much and was likely just shoe-horned in to have a new (for the films) but familiar (to the fans) name associated with the film