Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Thor: The Movie

Paj!

According to IMDB its out on the 29th July over here.

Annoyingly though, the trailer wasnt shown at my cinema.

The trailer looked brilliant, far more impressed than I thought I would be.

I put in the general movie thread that I saw this Saturday, I wasn't really bothered about it, until I saw everyone going on, I thought it was brilliant, funny and I got some eye-candy too. Nom.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

THOR Sequel Slated For 2013; Kenneth Branagh NOT Returning To Direct!

It's been almost two months since Marvel & Kenneth Branagh's praised-THOR movie hit theaters, grossing $437 million worldwide. And with the Marvel Studios' president of production, Kevin Fiege, revealing last month that a sequel had only been discussed, Deadline has surprisingly revealed it's intended release, but that's not all they've revealed. It seems Iron Man 3 won't be the only 2013 sequel with a new director.

Marvel Studios is making a full commitment to Thor 2, with Chris Hemsworth reprising his role as the title hero. Marvel will need to hire a director for that film because, I've learned, Kenneth Branagh won't be returning as helmer. His exit was "mutual and amicable," I'm told. That means a big job is out there that a lot of directors and their agents will be chasing over the upcoming holiday. Disney will today finalize a release date for Thor 2, which will be released sometime in the summer, 2013. Variety reports it'll release July 26!

The site further states that Branagh will most likely be involved in some "producing capacity." Regarding who the God Of Thunder will face off with this time around, there were more rumors last month suggesting that The Enchantress and The Executioner were in contention. What do you think?

Anyhow, with Iron Man 3 slated for May 3, The Avengers releases May 4, next year!

Source - Comicbookmovie.

I wasn't sure whether to create a Thor 2 thread or not?

• 3 months later...

Too early for a Thor 2 thread?

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/120/1200058p1.html

Thor 2 Director Officially Set

Marvel announces Patty Jenkins as helmer.

Marvel Studios announced today that Patty Jenkins will direct Thor 2, which will be released in theatres on Friday, November 15, 2013.

Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman will return to star in the film along with Tom Hiddleston. Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige will produce the sequel to this summer's blockbuster Thor, which has grossed over $448 million worldwide to date.

Patty Jenkins previously directed Monster starring Charlize Theron, who won an Academy Award for her performance in the film. Jenkins, who received an Emmy nomination for directing the pilot of AMC's acclaimed series The Killing, has also directed episodes of Entourage and Arrested Development. Most recently, she directed "Pearl," one of the five short films that comprise Lifetime's original movie FIVE.

In addition to Thor 2, Marvel Studios is currently scheduled to release Marvel's The Avengers on May 4, 2012, and Iron Man 3 which is slated for release on May 3, 2013.

Awesome that Natalie Portman will be back :love:

Though with her being in this and her lack of appearance in The Avengers I'm even more interested how they will explain Thor's return to Earth in that film without her and then how Thor will explain in Thor 2 to her how he returned to Earth for X amount of time, didn't go to she her and likely left her to waste time still trying to find a way to bring him back. :heh:

Thor might mention her in he Avengers, but on his arrival back on Earth he's got the immediate threat of his brother to deal with, so he does have some justifictation for not giving her a call right away :p... he may well have been watching Loki's destruction on Earth from Asgard.

When the film ends Thor will likely depart to find her.

But yeah I can't work out how he's getting to Earth... I can only think he learns of the path Loki took (Loki said there are back ways between the realms doesn't he).

But then from the trailer it looks to me like Capt may be their to meet Thor when he arrives on Earth (the fight scene)... so maybe SHIELD do find a way?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!