NEurope
Paj!

Thor: The Movie

It would be strange not to have Natalie Portman there to reconnect Asgard and bring Thor in for the Avengers.

Just got back from seeing the movie, thought it was awesome. One of my favourite things being the portrayal of Loki, not as a full on badguy but how he is meant to be shown.

I did however have to see it in 3D and I didnt like that at all, I thought it messed up fight sequences a bit and made things a lot more blurry in places than it should have been.

Yeah I felt that I could've happily enjoyed it in 2D. Also, there were loads of sequences where I just took off the 3D glasses and there was little or no 3D happening at all anyway.

Yeah I felt that I could've happily enjoyed it in 2D. Also, there were loads of sequences where I just took off the 3D glasses and there was little or no 3D happening at all anyway.

How does that work? When I take off the 3D glasses, I only see a blur of the two images mashed together.

Oh yeah another thing, do any other fans of the comics feel like the Earth parts of this story should have been set in Broxton?

- Skinny Chris Evans is CGI. :p

White text :wink:

- Natalie Portman is not in The Avengers (Which I dislike, considering how Thor played out)

That's a bitch, as you said considering how it played out and all, "We will see each other again" and all.... maybe Thor 2?

Damn it's frakking Natalie Portman :love:, she should just be in everything :heh:

Oh and forgot to mention I did like how they dealt with the Donald Blake thing yet at the same time didn't do it at all : peace:

I did however have to see it in 3D and I didnt like that at all, I thought it messed up fight sequences a bit and made things a lot more blurry in places than it should have been.

Yeah I saw in 3D too (also upgraded to the cinemas new Premier seating for the laugh to try out, nice and comfy :awesome:), I didn't have any problem with the fight scenes, I actually thought they looked good, but the rest of the film didn't seem to benifit much from it, even the dept perception didn't seem great, hope it's better in Captain America and of course, The Avengers

How does that work? When I take off the 3D glasses, I only see a blur of the two images mashed together.

Because the 3D is a post production effect rather than how the film was shot (like Avatar) the projection simply shifts to a single image when the 3D isn't there.

I kind of wish we'd seen it in 2D. It was ok, but unless the 3D is really substantial, the effect is distracting and the glasses are annoying to wear.

I didn't realise Cap was 3D too. Ugh. So fucking pointless. It would be alright if I actually had a choice at my cinema.

£12.00 for 3D movies.

Yeah it sucks. I wanted to see it again today, but at that price it just isn't feasible.

Because this film wasn't shot entirely in 3D, and a lot of scenes just had the effect added afterwards.

For example, the scene in the bar was almost entirely 2D except the frosted glass tiles in the background. Most of the distance shots of the cars driving around were 2D, pretty much anything "plain".

I did find when I took the glasses off the colours seemed a bit off but looked right with them on, that's the main reason I kept the glasses on.

You'd think if they wanted to release a film in 3D they'd actually record it in 3D so it's done propperly.

Are Cap and Avengers gonna be doing the same post production 3D or are they recorded in 3D?

Transformers 3 too had a 3D trailer, any idea how the 3D is done on that?

Transformers 3 too had a 3D trailer, any idea how the 3D is done on that?

Thats proper 3D with epic massive rigs and shit. Michael Bay Epic 3D.

I'm definitely sticking to 2D for Cap. I just don't like post production 3D - it feels thin and distracting, with little of the nice deep look of Avatar.

They should have extra symbols on 3D film posters with the ratings to let you know which kind of 3D it is, 3Dpp for post production for example :heh:

Thats proper 3D with epic massive rigs and shit. Michael Bay Epic 3D.

Ah bollocks, another movie I won't be able to see.

Ah bollocks, another movie I won't be able to see.

I'm sure it'll be shown in 2D aswell (most places, hopefully) as its such a big block buster.

Or Blu Ray innit.

You can get glasses now to convert 3D films back to 2D.

But...how do....people who....see the....if the....

I'm sure it'll be shown in 2D aswell (most places, hopefully) as its such a big block buster.

Or Blu Ray innit.

No, not in China.

These guys believe that making things expensive automatically makes them better. Christ, they put eggs in the ground for a year, dig them up, and then charge ten quid for them.

Went with mates to see this earlier, pretty great film even though I know little about marvel comics. Friend paid for me but we got to see it in 3D for £8.50 each and got to keep the glasses, now I'm prepared for when I get a 3D TV. 3D wasn't great in this to be honest and wearing glasses over glasses is a pain.

In conclusion, good film, not so good 3D.

Hearing about your prices makes me feel a bit guilty from bitching about the cinema prices here.

The cinema I go to has it optional to buy 3D glasses which bumps it down to normal ticket price (from 7,46 to 6,48 pounds after conversion)

On Tuesday they have a special offer, 3,48 pounds on all non 3D films.

It could all be contributed to different economics and all.

Disregarding all that, seeing Thor tonight, I know I will be giggling when they're singing in Icelandic at the start of the film.

The only 3D film I've ever seen (Toy Story 3) cost £4.80, it was awesome!

Went with mates to see this earlier, pretty great film even though I know little about marvel comics. Friend paid for me but we got to see it in 3D for £8.50 each and got to keep the glasses, now I'm prepared for when I get a 3D TV. 3D wasn't great in this to be honest and wearing glasses over glasses is a pain.

In conclusion, good film, not so good 3D.

Aren't the glasses for 3D TV's like completely different and need batteries and cost like a frakking ton