NEurope
Happenstance

The Walking Dead

VERY Tempted to grab the 1st episode that leaked, but quality is shitty BUT a lot of people have said it's better than 99% of Zombie movie thats recently come out and amazing. I wish it was a better quality version though ;-;

It's not shitty. It's almost VHS level of quality. If you're gonna wait 10 more days to watch exactly the same thing with slightly better visuals and are anxious to see it, just do yourself a favour and watch the leaked one already, it's not terrible quality... it's okay. Plus, there really isn't that much that you'll be needing a higher quality to enjoy, it's perfectly acceptable.

Just wait man, not long now. Don't ruin it for yourself.

Why is it ruining anything? Give the leaked one a look, jesus, the way you talk makes it seem like someone crapped on it.

____

Okay, just finished watching the first leaked first ep... it's off to a great start.

Not a big fan of the guy they cast as Rick, he has this terrible "generic action portagonist" way about him... but that does fit the character, so I guess it's appropriate.

Overall very pleased as it mostly improves upon the comic.

I just realized it'd be awesome if they cast Danny Trejo as the guv.

It's not shitty. It's almost VHS level of quality. If you're gonna wait 10 more days to watch exactly the same thing with slightly better visuals and are anxious to see it, just do yourself a favour and watch the leaked one already, it's not terrible quality... it's okay. Plus, there really isn't that much that you'll be needing a higher quality to enjoy, it's perfectly acceptable.

Why is it ruining anything? Give the leaked one a look, jesus, the way you talk makes it seem like someone crapped on it.

____

Okay, just finished watching the first leaked first ep... it's off to a great start.

Not a big fan of the guy they cast as Rick, he has this terrible "generic action portagonist" way about him... but that does fit the character, so I guess it's appropriate.

Overall very pleased as it mostly improves upon the comic.

I just realized it'd be awesome if they cast Danny Trejo as the guv.

Yeah the quality is fine. I watched it from my bed and it was great. You could see all the definition and the high quality of the make up and special effects.

Danny Trejo as the gov' seems like good casting. I never really saw him as a Mexican guy though, more a seedy white guy.

Danny Trejo as the gov' seems like good casting. I never really saw him as a Mexican guy though, more a seedy white guy.

Yeah, I never saw him as mexican either, but look at the hair and moustache!!

for anyone interested in reading the first issue of the comic (warning does contain scenes used in the first episode! ;) )

click here

Watched (and very much enjoyed) the pilot/first episode. Mate at a party last night lent me Compendium One, which has the first 45 issues in it! Total Win.

Buuurned through that. It was fucking awesome! While the story itself isn't wholely unpredictable, the speed and selection of who dies next is always a little shocking. Some fantastic characters in it, even the ones that only last a couple of issues.

The Compendium is a hefty tome, but very sturdy. The copy I've borrowed has been read by 4 people and it still looks practically new. however, there's a distinct lack of extras which I wish I'd read. I may slowly acquire the hardbacks just to get a taste of them.

Not sure whether to catch up with individual issues now or wait for the next compendium -- or jump over to Invincible and plow through that.

My favourite character may've been Carol, actually. She was just so deeply fucked up.

Buuurned through that. It was fucking awesome! While the story itself isn't wholely unpredictable, the speed and selection of who dies next is always a little shocking. Some fantastic characters in it, even the ones that only last a couple of issues.

The Compendium is a hefty tome, but very sturdy. The copy I've borrowed has been read by 4 people and it still looks practically new. however, there's a distinct lack of extras which I wish I'd read. I may slowly acquire the hardbacks just to get a taste of them.

Not sure whether to catch up with individual issues now or wait for the next compendium -- or jump over to Invincible and plow through that.

My favourite character may've been Carol, actually. She was just so deeply fucked up.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeees. See, they're sick. Although Invincible is very different in tone but still brutal in places, bloody, and more amazing visually/probably less "predictable" in terms of storyline itself.

I mean they're both in my top favourite comics but Invincible is definitely my favourite personally.

If you can get hold of TWD I would finish that first, just for shits and giggles. Then burn through the awesome world of Invincible. Invincible official ReZ guide;

1-5 = Okay.

6-10 = Oh cool!!

11-25 = Oooh awesome.

26-35 = Oh wow, this comic IS awesome.

36-49 = Fuuuu wow!

50-60 = Amazing.

61-74 = HOLU SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

True story. I'll get into it/both.

Was thinking about it; I think Kim Coates would make a grrreat Guv.

sons-anarchy31.jpg

Sons_of_Anarchy_Ryan_Hurst_Kim_Coates-thumb-400x300-15741.jpg

Not going to download it.

I've just set up series link on Sky+ for it on the FX HD channel :D

The ratings are in and The Walking Dead pilot is the highest rated show ever on AMC.

Also the highest rated debut cable show this year

I've watched it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Happy to have a series explore the zombie world where films are limited by their timespan.

Although the man promised safety to the horse, and then got it killed. :(

Edited by Mr_Odwin

Well that's sentimentality 0 - 1 reality! One of the things I loved about reading TWD, I have to say (now that I'm IN BEFORE TV SHOW, etc :P).

I've not read the comics but it sounds like I'd love them. Not sure whether to just stick with the TV series though. I've just seen the first episode and it was great, sets the mood well.

I was surprised to see Andrew Lincoln starring in this but it's always good to see English actors landing a role in American shows, even if he is putting on an accent - which I think he does well.

Although the man promised safety to the horse, and then got it killed. :(

Yeah, you could really tell the horse was bursting with expectation at the promise of safety. What the fuck was that, Diageo?

Edited by Mr_Odwin

He still lead the horse to it's death. I'm not complaining, it's just a passing comment, and I like horses.

Edited by Mr_Odwin

So now I know something about this by reading above posts. I'm not sure if it's important or not.

From now, same rules as Lost thread.

Use spoiler boxes until it airs in the UK.

So now I know something about this by reading above posts. I'm not sure if it's important or not.

From now, same rules as Lost thread.

Use spoiler boxes until it airs in the UK.

(Don't worry its not too important really)

It's not important at all. It's not like the horse is in any way part of the story.