NEurope
Happenstance

The Walking Dead

Looks good. I like how it clearly has a decent budget. It's not like a BBC show.

that's a bit harsh, BBC dramas tend to have decent budgets

now if you'ld said ITV I'd have agreed with you ;)

Bear McCreary is also scoring this, which is another reason to watch the show.

Looks good. I like how it clearly has a decent budget. It's not like a BBC show.

While generally true, watch Wallandar like I keep telling fucking everyone to do but nobody listens. why don't they listen? Why, dammit?

that's a bit harsh, BBC dramas tend to have decent budgets

now if you'ld said ITV I'd have agreed with you ;)

Yeah the effects on Doctor Who are amazing.......:eek:

The Walking Dead Wins Season Two

The story of Frank Darabont’s attempt to bring Robert Kirkman’s beloved zombie comic The Walking Dead to TV screens has, in the last year or so, been filled largely with good news. It got picked up by US network AMC (and FX over here), went quickly from pilot to first series commission (AMC’s usual six episode kick-off), and has been building some healthy buzz, particularly after the trailer was shown at Comic-Con and arrived online. Now there’s another milestone passed as the show has won a second season before a frame of the first has even aired.

Fangoria reports that the show has been officially renewed, with filming set to start in February next year. And in keeping with AMC’s usual schedule, the next season will be 13 episodes.

While the first season took place in the blazing Atlanta heat, it’s possible that the next set of stories could take a cue from Volume 2 of the comics and be set during a different season. "It would be great not just to get out of the heat, but to present a different idea to the audience visually and tonally by having it be winter,” Darabont tells Comic Book Movie. There’s some really cool stuff that Kirkman did, where they find the one zombie that’s frozen to the ground. I’d never seen that before and that’s really cool.”

And given that he and Kirkman have been playing with the narrative and shifting stories and characters around a little (though the overall plot will be largely faithful to the comic), he might just get the chance to introduce his favourite character from the books: Michonne. “When she shows up – and boy, is she a character I can’t wait to get to – when she comes striding out of the wasteland like a Clint Eastwood f***ing spaghetti Western character cross-melded with some samurai movie, like the Baby Cart character with the f***ing sword, and there’s just a little drift of snow in the air. I would love to put that on film."

So if you were excited to see the show already, now you don’t have to worry about it being cancelled immediately should you end up loving it, and then having to go through years of therapy to get over it like we did to get over My So-Called Life and Firefly. Er. Ahem.

The first episode, written and directed by Darabont, will air on October 31 in the US and arrives over here shortly afterwards. There will be plenty more on the show in a future issue of Empire.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=28804

Impressive. The buzz is huge for this though so I guess they're feeling pretty sure of themselves.

This gets better and better- first a 90 min pilot and now a guaranteed 13 episode second season. Yes.

The BBC is one of the best channels available. They're programmes are always top notch. We wouldn't have programmes like 'Planet Earth' without the BBC because other networks wouldn't be willing to take the risk on them.

the bbc comparison is unfair- AMC is a subs based network in the US that works on a completely different model. AFAIK, They only actually produce three series' of their own right now so obviously the quality is going to be really high for each.

The BBC is publicly funded, consists of dozens of channels, stations, websites and networks. Their focus is on journalism and entertainment so obviously their drama is going to be nothing like the US genre.

Trailer looks good, cannot wait for this to start showing.

For some reason I was really stuck with HBO being the ones making this.

the bbc comparison is unfair- AMC is a subs based network in the US that works on a completely different model. AFAIK, They only actually produce three series' of their own right now so obviously the quality is going to be really high for each.

The BBC is publicly funded, consists of dozens of channels, stations, websites and networks. Their focus is on journalism and entertainment so obviously their drama is going to be nothing like the US genre.

Well I really just meant "shit british things". Should've said itv.

this has andrew lincoln in it right? consider me in he is my favourite actor of all time, largely because of Teachers.

I love the idea of a series exploring the world of zombies. This way it can really be "fleshed" out :grin: in a way films can't because of the storytelling constraints of a 2 hour film.

Soooo... Who wants to lend me the comics? I've read the first... 7?

Buy them right now. Or follow Paj's advice.

You're only 70 issues behind tbf.

Seriously though. You havn't experienced life until you've read TWD issues 40-50 ish. The most shocking story element(s) I've ever read in any story ever.

The most shocking story element(s) I've ever read in any story ever.

Don't be silly.

('twas great, though).