NEurope
Happenstance

The Walking Dead

yeah I guess Kirkman was wrong then about his own show!

Ignore what i said previosuly!

Im gonna drop all Kirkman comics now I think

Are you sure you want to add Happenstance to your ignore list?

Why don't you just learn how to make gifs Rez, and then have Rez gifs instead of Rez youtube videos.

Just got round to watching my Sky+ of this from friday. IT WAS AWESOME. Loved it so much. Andrew Lincoln was perfect in the role.

No adverts in my recording too which was a nice surprise.

Just watch the first episode. It was pretty damn good.

He still lead the horse to it's death. I'm not complaining, it's just a passing comment, and I like horses.

You think that's bad? You need to watch the pilot episode of Firefly (well, everyone should watch the whole series anyway). Especially the bit

In a gunfight someone is taking cover behind a horse. So Mal (the main character) just shoots the horse.

Saw the repeated first episode last night.

WOW... it was awesome, really makes the zombie 'outburst' scenario alot more creepy than films.

sometime's you think like "What would i do in a Zombie infested world" well after watching that first episode it really did make me think any of my previous ideas were shit.

Just really really creepy yet awesome show!

So episode 2 is 'out'

Excellent episode- in a lot of ways even better than the first. The dead feel far, far more dangerous this week than before and the introduction of the survivor group at large was handled well.

Also, for comic fans, I liked that they made what's really only a couple of panels in an early issue in to a major part of the longer tv show. It's a fantastic expansion of the material and leads to what can only be called one of the single grimiest, horrible scenes ever put to television. Grim.

So episode 2 is 'out'

Excellent episode- in a lot of ways even better than the first. The dead feel far, far more dangerous this week than before and the introduction of the survivor group at large was handled well.

Also, for comic fans, I liked that they made what's really only a couple of panels in an early issue in to a major part of the longer tv show. It's a fantastic expansion of the material and leads to what can only be called one of the single grimiest, horrible scenes ever put to television. Grim.

Aye, I concur. As someone who's never read the comics I thought that was actually a hell of a lot better than the first episode. Not that the first was bad at all just didn't do anything new and was a bit slow. The cast seem like they're going to be really good too.

Also I'm now used to Andrew Lincon's accent, which helps..

I didn't think that this episode was nearly as good as the first one. The whole dropping the key down the drain has "cheesy" written all over it.

However it was good getting to know some other characters. The major point I thought that the series was going to be about, Rick finding his wife, looks to be done and dusted (unless something happens in the next episode) so I'm interested to see where it's going to go next.

I thought the key thing was certainly cheesy -- but this second episode chose to amalgamate a lot of the comic into one episode. IIRC the "let's cover ourselves in dead stuff!" thing didn't occur 'til later on? Half these characters don't even exist in the comic world, and part of me thought it was purely to inject a more 'racially diverse' cast. I was worried for a moment that they wree introducing mercedes too soon.

But a good episode - stood apart from the first episode, which was vital to prove the show had the substance to move forwards quickly. There were certainly a lot more 'invented' scenes, such as the sex in teh woods, but I guess that served a purpose - the writer didn't necessarily know what he was going to go with in issue #30 or whatever, and he may've done a similar thing with hindsight.

All-in-all, a good episode. There's plenty of material and so far AMC has proven that it is up to the task! Definitely my 2nd most anticipated show weekly (behind ultimate fighter, because I'm silly like that).

Since Odwin won't read this, I'd like to say Odwin smells, at the risk of being banned from this thread again.

Oh man, I'm banned again.

Edited by Mr_Odwin
All-seeing

Well that was another brilliant episode.

Carl's good, which is a huge achievement.

Oh man, I'm banned again.

Haahhahaa!

Which one, two or three? Nevermind, I loved the both of them.

What's with the guy cutting off his hand? Would you not go for the chain or the pipe. And if really pressed go for your thumb so you can squeeze your hand out.

I'm guessing ReZ is talking about episode 4, which was indeed outstanding!

So did Murl (sp?) lead the walkers back to the site, bit strange that he wasn't around if he took the van -if it was even him that is?!

Yeah the hand thing was a bit silly. I think I'd rather just break my thumb then lop it off, y'know?

He wasn't in the comic, was he? Think they're going to have him replace someone else in teh story?

Yeah the hand thing was a bit silly. I think I'd rather just break my thumb then lop it off, y'know?

.....Thanks for that :sad: