NEurope
Happenstance

The Walking Dead

Ep 3 aired on FX last friday, didn't it?

Yes it did aired on FXUK. Ive watched episode 4 and I found it abit poor than the other episodes even if was written by Robert Kirkman.

I thought Episode 4 was great. Agreed with the hand thing but he's not exactly the smartest character is he...

Episode 4 was so good. Really enjoyed it.

The ending was so unexpected, and where the fuck did your man's brother go?

Episode 4 was so good. Really enjoyed it.

The ending was so unexpected, and where the fuck did your man's brother go?

Yeah the ending was fantastic, didn't see it coming at all, heart wrenching stuff seeing the girl die and her sister cry over the body. I even felt sorry for the guy with the blackeye who was in the tent when that walker was right outside his tent and got him.

yeah geeks.

Not really sure I like that- 'roamers' is in the books and much better (other Zeds, presumably more decayed, don't walk around much if at all, hence the name)

According to Wiki...

"In 19th century, in North-America, the term geek referred to a freak in circus side-shows. In some cases, its performance included biting the head off a live chicken."

Could be related to that?

Roamers is a good name for them. I don't know why no one calls them zombies though, not just in this but in most recent zombie adaptations they're always 'infected' or 'walkers'. They're zombies and I'm fairly sure if it happened in real life most people would call them zombies too :p

I think geek is just a slang term for the opposition. I'm sure I've heard it in military shows or whatever. Like bogeys or something.

as far as I know they decided when doing the TV show that no-one was aware of the word "Zombie" so that's why they use their own words :)

In the comics, do they ever explain how the infection started?

Is it a scientific or a biblical type explanation?

I'll spoiler tag this just in case

as of yet there has been no explanation for the outbreak in the comics

so few spoilers. These are for episode four AND comic book readers.

Myrl for guv! Myrl to cut off Rick's hand in revenge! Myrl to get a name I can spell without completely guessing!

Sean to die next week- he'll clash with Rick following the attack, people will learn to shoot and you know the rest. Either that or it'll be spread over two episodes, which is actually more likely

oh and I think it's Merle (or at least that's how all the sites have been spelling it ;) )

Just watched ep 4

Was totally surpised at the whole gang thing. Not something i'd read about. Took great effort to ignore, which I think may be the general motive for the rest of my watching.

Merl becoming the Gov is very potential -- the comic goes through characters so rapidly that it'd be silly to waste some good, or at least reliable, actors so early on.Though I sincerely hope he's not the gov.

I think, actually, that the show's done a good job so far. Keeping the tale in the city for now. The comic was done with the city very quickly. I'd say the next episode will end this first act with the obvious desire to move on -- but whatsisface john? the guy who dug the graves... It's weird how they've treated him this time. Martyred him more than he was in the comic.

Again, I'd say this episode was fairly different to the previous. The general tone is indeed one of despair, and I'm just fucking glad that there's no proper filler (though, having only read to issue 48, I have no idea whether the gangbangers are canon and just carefully inserted or whether tehy're utter padding material).

Considering everything; the show is growing. Currently the #1 thing to look forward to each week!

Indeed. I'll refrain from commenting until next episode.

If the thing doesn't happen, I'm gonna be pissed.

Aye, well the thing still looms, and will merely be delayed. Episode six, for sho- the ground work is well laid out now.