NEurope
Happenstance

The Walking Dead

:blank:The thing?

The Very One.

basically: The show is very loosely shaping up in to 1 issue = 1 episode(though that will doubtless change for season 2) and we're discussing the dramatic ending to issue 6, which is a major event and in many ways foreshadows the gradual arc of the entire series in a way you might not expect. It will interesting to see how well they handle it.

Where can one purchase said comics?

eBay/comic stores.

Or graphic novels anywhere....eBay/Amazon/Play/Waterstones check for best price.

Just watched ep5 and the ending was very much... "uuhhh.... WHAT?!"

Now, I don't know what happens after issue 48 so I don't know if there's any reasoning behind this that I've just not come accross yet - like CDC appearing, or something like that. I'm hoping that this is just a way to stop audiences asking so many questions before they head to the prison?

It's a strange mixture of emotions. One part of me is screaming THAT ISN'T HOW IT GOES and the other is OMG WHAT HAPPENS NEXT SO COOL!

What's annoying is that this time next week, that's season 1 done. I hate 6-ep runs!

Now, I don't know what happens after issue 48 so I don't know if there's any reasoning behind this that I've just not come accross yet - like CDC appearing, or something like that. I'm hoping that this is just a way to stop audiences asking so many questions before they head to the prison?

It's a strange mixture of emotions. One part of me is screaming THAT ISN'T HOW IT GOES and the other is OMG WHAT HAPPENS NEXT SO COOL!

What's annoying is that this time next week, that's season 1 done. I hate 6-ep runs!

Wait, there's only 6 episodes in the season!?

When does season 2 start then?

Probably next Fall :( I haven't checked or anything, but I suppose it'll be 12 eps minimum the next run, at least!

I think I read somewhere it was going to be 13, maybe on io9?

I found ep5 to be a bit...strange. I don't know it just started great as usual, and then tapered off and got a bit twilight-zone.

I've not read the comics (wish I had been bothered to before hand). I thought it was a bit predictable. Jenner's going to infect them and use their flesh to carry on his research is what I'm guessing. He was all pissed n shit about (rather ridiculously I might add) blowing the shit out of the lab/TS-19, then these guys rack up all desperate. He hesitates, then lets them in, but not out of guilt. Bitch is hungry.

Just checked the ever reliable wiki, and yeah it says s02 is 13 eps :) Yummy. No sign of when.

well I've read 78 and there's no CDC! So yeah major departure, but not entirely without route in the comics. A Large part of the book involves a journey to Washington D.C in an attempt to find civilisation (assuming the capitol would be the best and most likely place to start over or outright protect) so CDC could be a means to galvanising that eventual end. Also, the character of Eugene could be entering the series earlier than in the books- he's a scientist they meet who studies the dead as they go.

I think that's a business model change, not a creative one. Though I agree on the quality front at times- there's been some great moments ("paltry things, words.") there have also been some pretty shit bits too- the gangbanger showdown was honkey filler and made very little sense except to pad episode four out.

I'm a bit bored of this. It's not very good. There's very little direction and until there is some, I'm going to stay bored.

Was that the last ep? Bit anti-climactic.

I wonder where they'll go from here and what did the doctor tell Rick?

Was that the last ep? Bit anti-climactic.

I wonder where they'll go from here and what did the doctor tell Rick?

Comic spoilers;

Probably

wife is pregnant.

And yes that was the last episode.

The thing didn't happen.

:/

Well that was a bit of a nothing episode. What happened other than the CDC blowing up and the black woman dying?

They all go drunk, woke up with hangovers and.....

Well that was a bit of a nothing episode. What happened other than the CDC blowing up and the black woman dying?

They all go drunk, woke up with hangovers and.....

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic....

So my guess about what the Doc whispered to Rick has got to be:

Lori is pregnant surely only way can see it going?

also wonder if later down the line they will end up in

france?!

I'd say most likely to your first point and I really hope not to your second.

see I always look for plot exposition and wonder why they've placed that little tidbit in there....They could have said Canada was the last place standing that wouldn't have been such a journey for them...I dunno they must have put it in there for a reason I refuse to believe it was a throwaway remark.