NEurope
Happenstance

The Walking Dead

Also I've never read the comic books.... thinking I kinda what to now though... how many issues are there and where am I likely to find them? I've never seen them in any book stores near me (or maybe cause I never looked for them too I guess)

Want to start reading them myself. I've only ever read Volumes 1 and 2.

Looking at it, you can buy the comics in various formats now.

Compendiums

Books

Volumes

Single Comics

You can get most from Amazon/play for cheap or walk into Forbidden Planet and play the moolahs. Waterstones probably sell them too.

Think I may collect the book versions. What do others recommend?

I am happy to hear this.

There are 95 issues at the moment.

And if you walk into a Waterstones, the one graphic novel you can guarantee they'll have is TWD. They're usually very well stocked, having most volumes.

Just a quick note; The Walking Dead is black and white.

From a value standpoint, the compendium is the best value, Issue 1-48 in one paperback volume, £29.25 from Amazon which obviously equates to about 60p per issue, which is amazing value. (Single issues price is $2.99)

I personally think the trade paper backs are the nicest, their colours, design and overall package is really nice, they collect about 6 issues each. Volume 1 is £5.55, Image Comics are amazing, they price all their volume 1's incredibly cheaply so you can see if you like it before buying more. These go upto Volume 16...out in two months.

Another nice option is the hardbacks, they collect about 14 issues each and go upto volume 7 at the moment. Volume 1 is £15.

And it might be interesting to note that in 2011, out of the top 10 best selling graphic novels, 6 of them were volumes of The Walking Dead.

And finally, as you are interested in reading the comics, I will plug Invincible again. Although different to The Walking Dead, it is similar in a lot of ways too. As previously said it has the same writer as The Walking Dead, and in the comic world, Invincible is widely regarded (by people who know of it) as the best super hero comic. It is in a similar vain to TWD in that any character COULD die (its a little less brutal haha) and that dead means dead. It is incredibly incredibly gorey at times, and its also very colourful. Its as close to how a super hero world would be in real life, when Invincible goes all out on someone...there will be blood. I absolutely ADORE it, I just think its fantastic. So you could check that out too, if you have £31.84 you'll get a 1024 page full colour, gorgeous, amazing, gorey, romantic, sci fi, super hero adventure that you absolutely will not regret. With the massive twists and turns happening from as early as the SUBLIME and infamous issue 7, it is something that when people read....they fall in love with.

Thanks for reading. LUL.

Edited by ReZourceman

Also I've never read the comic books.... thinking I kinda what to now though... how many issues are there and where am I likely to find them? I've never seen them in any book stores near me (or maybe cause I never looked for them too I guess)

Want to start reading them myself. I've only ever read Volumes 1 and 2.

Looking at it, you can buy the comics in various formats now.

Compendiums

Books

Volumes

Single Comics

You can get most from Amazon/play for cheap or walk into Forbidden Planet and play the moolahs. Waterstones probably sell them too.

Think I may collect the book versions. What do others recommend?

It's a bit awkward to read, as you have to keep clicking on the individual images, but if you are on the fence and don't want to splash/don't have the cash , the entire series is here for free. Just click on Walking Dead (dur)

But you should really buy them.

I think people are too harsh on Lori. Being the alpha female is a very stressful job. Especially when you're pregnant, already have a son and your husband is continually putting himself in life-threatening situations on purpose.

Question for those who've read the comics and seen show (contains spoilers)

Is what happened to Sophia on the show the same as in the comics?

I know that Shane wasn't around in the comics when they left Atlanta, but like did she get lost in a similar way to the show? Did they spend as long looking for her? Did Carl get shot?

Was Sophia then found inside the barn?

And if it did follow that similar pattern... was it ever addressed in the comics what happened to her? How did she get lost and how did she become a zombie? Did she survive long on her own before dying/turning?

That I think is what is annoying me the most about her being found a Zombie. I was hoping to have an ep where she explained (and it showed in flashback) what she did and where she went and how she survived... now I want to know what went wrong? But she can't very well tell us that story now can she :cry:

Question for those who've read the comics and seen show (contains spoilers)

Is what happened to Sophia on the show the same as in the comics?

I know that Shane wasn't around in the comics when they left Atlanta, but like did she get lost in a similar way to the show? Did they spend as long looking for her? Did Carl get shot?

Was Sophia then found inside the barn?

And if it did follow that similar pattern... was it ever addressed in the comics what happened to her? How did she get lost and how did she become a zombie? Did she survive long on her own before dying/turning?

That I think is what is annoying me the most about her being found a Zombie. I was hoping to have an ep where she explained (and it showed in flashback) what she did and where she went and how she survived... now I want to know what went wrong? But she can't very well tell us that story now can she :cry:

Sophia is still alive in the comics

Carl does get shot by Otis, but Otis survives until the prison, not killed by Shane going to get medical supplies

Edited by Dog-amoto

I'd personally recommend the Walking Dead hardcovers. They're just really well made and lovely as a 'thing'.

Also Invincible. It's just awesome. In some ways I like it even more than the walking dead.

Sophia is still alive in the comics

Carl does get shot by Otis, but Otis survives until the prison, not killed by Shane going to get medical supplies

Cool, cheers...

Well damn, they should think about some short webisodes or something just so they can make one to explain what happened to Sophia. :heh:

I just don't get why they couldn't have saved the child (I don't like seeing children die :cry:) I was thinking it happened in the comics so they were just following that but now I know that was wrong :heh:

And afterall Daryl did trying to find her, from the house where it looked like she was sleeping, the whole thing with the flowers, the finding of the doll. It just seemed to be leading so some form of a happy moment... then they just went... no instead we're gonna destory all hope :cry:

Though I guess it's the not knowing how it happened that is annoying me the most.:mad:

So any idea when season 2 on BluRay is expected? Usually I'll try wait till a show has run its full course and get a complete boxset, but I wanna try convince some people to watch this and I wanna do it in lovely BluRay glory so might just pick up a season 1 & 2 boxset if/when one comes

First look at Michonne

the-walking-dead-releases-first-look-at-michonne.jpg

Also, anyone up to date on the comic?

This new cult-like group looks like it's going to be an amazing storyline. The confrontation between Rick's group and the ones calling themselves "Negan" was brilliant. I love how Negan say that they are all Negan and all one voice. Can't wait to see who the leader is, as they'll likely be batshit insane! Perhaps he or she will be as good as The Governor?

There are rumours that Daryl and Merle from the TV show are in this new group, so we'll see how that pans out.

Edited by Dog-amoto

First look at Michonne

the-walking-dead-releases-first-look-at-michonne.jpg

Also, anyone up to date on the comic?

haha, as I haven't read the comic book (it's on my to-do list ok :heh:), and obviously unfamiliar with the character I'm somewhat suprised....

... that she wasn't Japanese :heh:

The smaurai swords and the hood covering face just made me think, cool a sword swinging Japanese chick :D

Plus it kinda reminded me of Azumi too :heh:

So when is season 3 gonna start?

Edited by Mokong

Based on previous seasons, October seems like a safe bet.

Been reading the comics...love them. Only up to Issue 8 so far. Reading them digitally on my tablet and makes for a nice experience.

How many episodes this time? More an 13 I hope, but then again, the pacing was just about right for Season 2 and the writing was amazing. Best show since BSG and Terminator ended.

How many episodes this time? More an 13 I hope, but then again, the pacing was just about right for Season 2 and the writing was amazing. Best show since BSG and Terminator ended.

AMC has ordered sixteen episodes. :smile:

Been reading the comics...love them. Only up to Issue 8 so far. Reading them digitally on my tablet and makes for a nice experience.

Yay! Only 90 more to go. :p

Then Invincible next.

Yay! Only 90 more to go. :p

Then Invincible next.

I still haven't got my issue 98!

I'm loving the cover for issue 100.

They say it's going to be the most gruesome, violent one yet! Bet there'll be a few major characters killed off like in issue 48

223px-Issue_100_Cover.png

Issue 98. Read.

ABRAHAAAAAAMMMMM!!!!

Next issue is gonna be a bloodbath. I can see most of the survivors at Alexandria getting wiped out, including Andrea - just when Rick has started to fall for her as well...poor guy! Bit stupid though, leaving when you know you're being watched.

Mmmmm - lots to look forward to in season 3.

Also - read issue 100 yesterday - Bloody hell! : peace:

Can they just start showing it now please

- Season 3 looks amazing.

- Issue 100 was one of the hardest things to read ever. Brutal as mother fuck.

Not watching or reading anything here yet until I've caught up because I'm watching it on Channel 5 but all I can say is that the episode just aired was like "WOW!", it was very emotional and hard to watch even. It made me sad too! :(

I'm referring to the episode where Dale dies at the end. Absolutely hated it! Shocked me quite a bit. Hate how Carl's turned like that though. It's like his character has completely changed within one episode. It sucks a little but still, sad to see Dale go. It should have been Lori!

This was my reaction, haha.

"To think that the boy could be so stupid!"

Exactly how I reacted about Carl, lmao.