Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weirdest Semi final we have ever been in. So easy both legs, like a training match. Strange.

Anyway, 6-1 on agg in the semi of the champs league is amazing. Wembley here we come!! I have blind faith we will beat barca....we will!!

I agree, Plattymon. Can't really understand just how this team destroyed Inter. Rafa did a great job in fucking with their morale before he left, I reckon. :heh:

O'Shea leading the team out and Anderson scoring twice. Who would have thought it, eh? :D

I thought Gibson and Anderson both put in a good shift tonight. They get a lot of stick, but I like Anderson in particular. The rest of his game is all there, but he needs to score more goals. He's got 3 in Europe this season, which is a great start. Needs to be playing every week though and getting on the score sheet more often.

As for the final: Anything can happen. It's a one-off game. Over 90 minutes (or however many there will be), there's no guarantees what to expect. I believe United can do it. :)

3 Champions League finals in 4 years.

I love saying that.

Okay so far it's one win from 3, here's hoping end of May it'll be 2 out of 3.

I don't like the fact that since we last played Barcelona they've signed Villa and Mascherano and we've sold Ronaldo and Tevez :(

packed midfield with Rooney alone striker or will Hernandez feature over Berbatov.... decisions decisions.

first things first, lets beat Chelsea and get title 19 out of the way.

Whilst it's true United have lost the likes of Ronaldo and Tevez I think we're a better team than two years ago. As in not so reliant on Ronaldo and his endless stepovers.

Barcelona are clear favourites but I still think United can do the job on the night.

Whilst it's true United have lost the likes of Ronaldo and Tevez I think we're a better team than two years ago. As in not so reliant on Ronaldo and his endless stepovers.

Barcelona are clear favourites but I still think United can do the job on the night.

But on paper you're team is weaker, and Barca are much stronger and better. I just can't see Barca bottling it.

But on paper you're team is weaker, and Barca are much stronger and better. I just can't see Barca bottling it.

On paper United are better than Wolves.

On paper Barcelona are better than Hercules and Real Sociedad.

On paper doesn't mean anything, all that matters is on the night.

On paper United are better than Wolves.

On paper Barcelona are better than Hercules and Real Sociedad.

On paper doesn't mean anything, all that matters is on the night.

This is Barcelona in the champions league final, difficult to compare to Wolves. Their strongest position is your weakest. Can you really see Carrick and co. coping with Xavi and Iniesta? No chance, and if they boss midfield then you're out the game.

While Barcelona will certainly boss the midfield, there is still the United barrier like defence. However if anyone can get past them it's Messi, if he can force united to gang up on him they'll leave spaces for the rest of the team to exploit, however on the counter Hernandez is the wild card in the United pack.

While Barcelona will certainly boss the midfield, there is still the United barrier like defence. However if anyone can get past them it's Messi, if he can force united to gang up on him they'll leave spaces for the rest of the team to exploit, however on the counter Hernandez is the wild card in the United pack.

Obviously the counter attack will be key and I think that width is very important, if we can get the ball out wide as soon as possible then we really only have to worry about Alves and whoever plays at left back. The Barca midfield is fairly narrow on the whole and with Alves spending most of his time attacking I really think this can be exploited - Valencia could have a field day if it's played right.

I'm not saying United will win, it will clearly be ridiculously difficult and Barca will dominate midfield and possesion in general, I'm saying they can. Real Madrid stifled them in the Copa del Ray (sp) and before Pepe got harshly sent off in the first leg they were looking fairly good as well. It can be done, whether it will be is an entirely different matter though!

Are you saying let them dominate midfield? That's the one thing you can't do. I doubt you'll catch them on the counter, they press so hard and quickly. Alves and Abidal (think he'll play) will get forward, but it works both ways, that'll push your RB and LB right back. Busquets covers well, and Pique is an excellent defender.

Imo Madrid are a better team than Man Utd, and even with Mourinho and his masterplan, Barca still dominated all their games.

Are you saying let them dominate midfield? That's the one thing you can't do. I doubt you'll catch them on the counter, they press so hard and quickly. Alves and Abidal (think he'll play) will get forward, but it works both ways, that'll push your RB and LB right back. Busquets covers well, and Pique is an excellent defender.

Imo Madrid are a better team than Man Utd, and even with Mourinho and his masterplan, Barca still dominated all their games.

No I'm not saying let them, I'm saying that they probably will :heh:

Obviously you can't give them space, but even when pressing (which is why I'm almost certain Park will play and only one of Valencia and Nani will start) the chances are they'll still have the majority of possession in the middle.

I think Utd's unpredictability in attack might give Barcelona something to think about. I love watching both teams play and for all the hetro-sexual manlove i have for Messi and Co i do hope Utd get the win. Obviously Barca will keep the ball for aslong as Utd let them and that does worry me a little. A few times this season Utd have looked nervous and frustrated when they arn't in control, the FA Cup semi for example and against Arsenal last week.

I dunno tbh, the more i think about it the more i can't decide who i'd like to win. When Barca arn't trying to impress the people at the Academy Awards they are sublime, but seeing Man Utd beat the "best club in club football ever" at Wembley would be just awesome.

I've just realised that I'm not even going to be in this country when the final comes around. I'm travelling to Belgium on that day.

So nervous about it, but so excited at the same time. So proud that the team have made it to the final again. We may not have the best individual players in the world, but the team and squad have lots of heart, a strong work ethic and they fight for each other. You don't need the best players to win a football match, and that's really what it boils down to. Both teams can easily turn it on when push comes to shove. Barcelona are expected to win it, probably, which will suit United I reckon.

It's been a funny season, because we haven't been "brilliant", we've been suspect away from home in the league, and we've not really had a consistent midfield. Yet, top of the league and into the champions league final, and going out of the Fa cup semis...what on Earth would happen if we actually had managed to solve those problems? It's unthinkable really.

Anelka and Drogba I reckon. Torres will come on in the second half.

I think any goals Torres scores this season are a bonus. I figure that at Xmas we weren't looking at being title contenders as we are now. We bought Torres and he needs time to settle, sure. If we were out of it already there wouldn't be as much press attention over it and probably less pressure on the player. This was intended to b e his settling in time, with new arrivals in the summer to shape the team around the player. What's happened is he's been thrown in at the deep end and expected to carry Chelsea forward by himself, that's a hell of a lot of pressure.

He'll come good, we know he will. But I'm not worried about his performance this season. It's next season where I think he'll come in to his own again after settling in with a team with a few fresh new faces.

Anelka and Drogba I reckon. Torres will come on in the second half.

I think any goals Torres scores this season are a bonus. I figure that at Xmas we weren't looking at being title contenders as we are now. We bought Torres and he needs time to settle, sure. If we were out of it already there wouldn't be as much press attention over it and probably less pressure on the player. This was intended to b e his settling in time, with new arrivals in the summer to shape the team around the player. What's happened is he's been thrown in at the deep end and expected to carry Chelsea forward by himself, that's a hell of a lot of pressure.

He'll come good, we know he will. But I'm not worried about his performance this season. It's next season where I think he'll come in to his own again after settling in with a team with a few fresh new faces.

There's no way you'll shape a team around Torres, he's been shit all season. The Chelski squad is old, Torres is 27, he's not exactly young himself. I think it'll be a silly to build a team around him, and I can't see Ancelotti (sp?) doing so.

We will see Chelsea adapt to a new shape though. Our style of play right now doesn't match Torres'. We're used to playing someone like Drogba who'll muscle for the ball whereas Torres is more the sort of player to run on to the ball.

I imagine we'll see a few of the old guard leave Chelsea this summer. Wouldn't be surprised to see Drogba go.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!