Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

I dunno Flinkington. I think Scholesy and Giggs in the same team can cut it but Neville is another story. He does not have the pace or posistioning anymore. I used to love the guy but he should not have been playing today.

Exactly what I'm saying. Two out of the three is fine. But, all three...that should be a cardinal sin.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good win for Arsenal at the weekend, not that you'd think so watching motd or reading the paper. Harsh red for Cahill, though a few of Bolton's players were getting away lightly. Seeing the mighty Kevin Davies fall over like a little girl is nothing short of hilarious as he's always giving it the big one about other players diving.

In another note just read Evander Sno had a heart attack on the pitch whilst playing for Ajax reserves, hope he's alright and makes a full recovery.

Champions league footy is back.

United lineup is a bit strange. I understand we have Liverpool at the weekend but we should still be including players like Evra and Vidic (unless injured but I've not heard anything). Rangers won't be that much of a walk over.

Looking forward to seeing Rooney and Hernandez up front though.

Seeing Valencia on the ground was horrible. Especially when he originally landed on the ground then signalled that something was wrong, then just almost collapsed. I really hope he recovers from this.

The game itself wasn't good, but then I don't think Rangers came to play a game. A point will feel like a win for them. Well played.

A bit annoyed that Berbatov wasn't playing. The guy has been very influential in each game he's played so far. Him and Scholes. It's not like he needs the rest. The guy's in form, so he should must be played. If he's dropped for the Liverpool game, then...I really feel for him.

Frustrating game. Rangers set up was spot on in stopping us, you can't fault them for the that. I agree with you about berba, I think he may have found the pass or the touch to break through but meh, we had enough quality on there to get a goal, just Rangers parked the bus and forced us into Gibson shots....

Valencia going down was horrible, I didn't quite catch what happened so with the magic of sky+ I rewinded it and man it did not look good. Gonna be out a while. Poor bloke.

Frustrating game. Rangers set up was spot on in stopping us, you can't fault them for the that. I agree with you about berba, I think he may have found the pass or the touch to break through but meh, we had enough quality on there to get a goal, just Rangers parked the bus and forced us into Gibson shots....

Valencia going down was horrible, I didn't quite catch what happened so with the magic of sky+ I rewinded it and man it did not look good. Gonna be out a while. Poor bloke.

I was watching this on Sky+ but missed the incident, why did I not just rewind?!

Rangers just "parked the bus" tonight, bit disappointing because it led to some scrappy football. Really wanted Gibson to score a goal, his shots are pretty sweet.

Barcelona look like the team to beat yet again, they brushed panathanikos aside tonight. Although messi did miss a penalty :o

The game itself wasn't good, but then I don't think Rangers came to play a game. A point will feel like a win for them. Well played.

All the huns in the pub I was in were cheering the draw as if it was a win last night.

Walter Smith is the ultimate manager at setting his team up to park the bus. That's what they did all the way to the UEFA Cup Final and that's what he did as Scotland manager too. He's good at it, it's just really negative and boring.

All the huns in the pub I was in were cheering the draw as if it was a win last night.

Walter Smith is the ultimate manager at setting his team up to park the bus. That's what they did all the way to the UEFA Cup Final and that's what he did as Scotland manager too. He's good at it, it's just really negative and boring.

It works for them, so why would they do otherwise? I don't blame them, although I don't like it. In a competition which is supposed to be the "Champions League", ideally you'd like to see the best from each country giving it a proper go against the other teams.

In that respect, I have always prefered FA Cup games. They're more heroic. Life or Death. Decided over 90 minutes. Over 90 minutes, anybody can beat anybody. That's what I love about it.

I hope Valencia makes a full and speedy recovery. I've seen the tackle a few times and I think the turf does him in, studs get stuck in/stuck under the rangers player.

I hope he does, but from the looks of things he'll be out for the whole season. Absolutely devastated. My favourite player from last season.

It's down to the turf, like you say. The tackle was a good one. Notice how nobody in the ground reacted to the actual tackle, like they would have done with the Eduardo incident. It was clean. Just...one of those things, I guess.

Hats off to the Rangers players for signalling to the medical staff quickly, and to their fans for applauding Valencia off the field. I got a bit emotional seeing that. When the oxygen mask came onto the field and was placed on Valencia, I found that hard to watch. Really horrible. So gutted for him.

Sublime tonight, though Braga didn't put up much resistance. A midfield of Wilshere, Fabregas and Song could just be the right mold. Song to do the donkey work, Fabregas to push up the field and do what he does best, then young Jack to mix it up. He can get stuck in like the best of them and then create something as quality as the assist for Chamakh's goal tonight.

I would have been listening to this on the radio but i have to go in to work today now :hmm: There is a CD player in at work for us to play music so I'm gonna try my best to get a signal on the radio to see if I can catch some parts of the match when it's quiet :indeed:

I'd listen to it all if I could get away with it :heh: