NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

Howard Webb gifting Man Utd a penalty at Old Trafford... who would have guessed it.

Probably got the red card right, but if he stops the game for Rafael's challenge just before that situation would never have happened.

The penalty decision was soft, although I definitely think there was contact made when there shouldn't have been any. I thought the defender had Berbatov under control at that moment, so it was a bit daft of him to put his foot in.

Anybody who even thinks that Steven Gerrard's red card wasn't a red needs his or her head sorting out. Fucking awful challenge and I was half expecting to see Michael Carrick's ankle in pieces. Could have seriously hurt somebody. Luckily he's alright.

As for the overall game, as much as it pains me to say it, I think Liverpool played really well and probably deserved to get something from the game. A good team performance, although Torres really struggled today.

Not United's best game, but we kept the ball well, prevented Liverpool from having too many clear cut chances, although it would have made life easier had they gone on and scored a second. 1-0 is probably the right scoreline for me. Close.

Chelsea thrashing Ipswich, though. Ouch.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/4350/6/walcott-i-dived-attempt-win-penalty

Runs in their blood. That interview is just full of great quotes.

I don't necessarily like players drawing attention to themselves like this, but at least Theo has the balls to admit it and apologise.

Not going to get that from Berbatoss or any of the Man Utd fans on here it would seem.

Edited by Ramar

I don't necessarily like players drawing attention to themselves like this, but at least Theo has the balls to admit it and apologise.

Not going to get that from Berbatoss or any of the Man Utd fans on here it would seem.

What does it matter? If only Theo actually spent more time practicing and working on his game rather than confession time during the interviews afterwards he would be much better for it.

It was a soft penalty, but it also was a penalty. Contact was made, player goes down, penalty given. Happens every single week in the Premier League, irrespective of team, opponent or player. If you're going to make a tackle in the box, it needs to be absolutely perfect. Sticking your leg out and hoping to get the ball isn't good enough anymore. Rio did that last week and he got punished.

Pure dive from the muppet for the pen, no question about it, it's not even debatable. If Gerrard is sent off for that 50/50 challenge, why wasn't Fabio sent off for his 2 footed lunge on Meireles?

Pure dive from the muppet for the pen, no question about it, it's not even debatable. If Gerrard is sent off for that 50/50 challenge, why wasn't Fabio sent off for his 2 footed lunge on Meireles?

Probably because Fabio wasn't playing. :heh:

Oops haha, what's his name :heh: his brother, get them mixed up.

Rafael, couldn't think...

Edited by MadDog

Oops haha, what's his name :heh: his brother, get them mixed up.

Rafael, couldn't think...

Vivvvvaaaaaa Da Silva!

Vivaaaaaaaa Da Silva!

When they're on the pitch

We don't know which is which!

:D

I didn't see much wrong with the Rafael tackle. It was clean, well timed, he got the ball and from what I remember nothing of the man. He didn't lunge in.

Gerrard lunged in, studs showing, both feet off the ground, caught Carrick's ankle. Could have took his foot clean off.

I'm not really sure admitting it makes it ok.

I would liked to have won but I do think there was a penalty a few minutes before so we can't really complain.

Also why do they not have a picture of the Arsenal Leeds game on that website?

What does it matter? If only Theo actually spent more time practicing and working on his game rather than confession time during the interviews afterwards he would be much better for it.

It was a soft penalty, but it also was a penalty. Contact was made, player goes down, penalty given. Happens every single week in the Premier League, irrespective of team, opponent or player. If you're going to make a tackle in the box, it needs to be absolutely perfect. Sticking your leg out and hoping to get the ball isn't good enough anymore. Rio did that last week and he got punished.

Theo is currently having his most productive season with us, so to say he's not working on his game is obviously wrong.

And you're wrong about the penalty if he touches its very minimal, Berbatoss takes another yard then sits himself on the turf. It's a dive.

I'm not really sure admitting it makes it ok.

I would liked to have won but I do think there was a penalty a few minutes before so we can't really complain.

Also why do they not have a picture of the Arsenal Leeds game on that website?

The one Theo is admitting to diving for was not the one given, the one that was given was clearly a penalty the Leeds player was all over Theo and pulled him back when taking a shot.

Theo is currently having his most productive season with us, so to say he's not working on his game is obviously wrong.

And you're wrong about the penalty if he touches its very minimal, Berbatoss takes another yard then sits himself on the turf. It's a dive.

It probably is his best season so far, but he still has an awful lot to do. I don't like him. :heh:

A touch is a touch. You know as well as I do that a very minimal touch is all that it takes these days. Obviously as fans its not what we want to see but that is how the game is played.

And refering to him as Berbatoss makes your argument void. ;)

The one Theo is admitting to diving for was not the one given, the one that was given was clearly a penalty the Leeds player was all over Theo and pulled him back when taking a shot.

I must be getting mixed up then, I was thinking it was the other way around.

Yeah, he meant the one that wasn't given, which was just before the one that was given.

I wonder if Leeds will do something special in the replay. I know some downright annoying Leeds fans and I can't imagine how long they'll gloat for if they do get a victory. So, for the sake of my sanity, I want an Arsenal victory.

A touch is a touch. You know as well as I do that a very minimal touch is all that it takes these days. Obviously as fans its not what we want to see but that is how the game is played.

And refering to him as Berbatoss makes your argument void. ;)

A minimal touch isn't a foul, its a contact sport after all..

I can replace Berbatoss with Greasytop or Count?

A minimal touch isn't a foul, its a contact sport after all..

I can replace Berbatoss with Greasytop or Count?

Well, he did say after the game that it affected his balance, so it must have been a foul. :heh:

In all seriousness, it was a soft penalty, which I did say earlier. I'd have been annoyed had that been given against us.

Berbagod will do. ;)

It was as absolutely clear to me that Berbatov just fell over on first viewing as I watched it unfold on TV today. I couldn't believe the penalty was given and it was a disgrace that he claimed he didn't dive in the interview afterwards! If you think the contact beforehand constitutes a penalty, regardless of his reaction several seconds after, so be it.. though I don't personally feel that the touch from Agger was worthy of a penalty in the slightest. However, he obviously threw himself down after a short delay which is a dive :nono:

After that, I thought we played well enough and would have had a fair chance of getting back into the game had Gerrard not got sent off. As soon as it happened, I didn't really see a lot wrong with it.. but the replays certainly looked worse. A red card wasn't completely obvious to me, though I haven't really studied the challenge since.

Anyway, my other thoughts on the match were that Torres was poor every time he touched the ball and that I find it ridiculous that Agger hasn't really been able to get into the side during Hodgson's reign when he is quite clearly the best defender we've got! It's nice to actually have one of our defenders look comfortable on the ball and not instantly try to pump it forward. I appreciate that he tries to play it out from the back or make strides forward if the opportunity is there!

Great freakin start... Diving SOB.

1-0 down before I even got the match on. :nono:

Let's see how Kenny motivates the team for the remainder of the season.

Agger is a cert for me every week. He's a top defender. Really impressed with Kelly today, would like to see him start as RB and Johnson put on right wing. Those 6 or so saves from Reina in 5 seconds were immense, also.

1-0 down before I even got the match on. :nono:

Let's see how King Kenny motivates the team for the remainder of the season.

Fixed for you ;)

One thing is evident from today: Liverpool looked a lot better defensively without Glen Johnson in the team. I wish somebody would cut to the chase and just convert him into a right winger. Can't defend for shit. Kelly looks the real deal, though.

Also thought Jonny Evans was brilliant today. He's been due a good performance.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Unfortunatly a lot of players 'dive' or 'fall easily' with a little bit of touch to get pens, as they wont get them otherwise, sam allardyce admitted as much at half time.

What i do think should be mentioned though is the ref, it showed at half time that he was quite far away to see what was happening, and the linesman probably had a better view. The linesman didn't flag it and so thought nothing of yet, yet the ref decided it was. So what did the ref think he saw? As surely he would refer to the linesman if his view wasn't great?

Thus isn't it the refs fault for the penality being awarded? :heh: