NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

Was the Meireles goal really that good? Didn't watch it, but it was said he was MOTM. Glad he's playing well, knew he had something first time i saw him.

Van Persie could have had 5 today, albeit the post and the awful penalty, only his second missed penalty in his career and glad he finally got his hat trick with us. Hope he has his scoring boots on against Barca.

Yeah, Garbriele Marcotti was saying RVP had a corker of a game.

Was the Meireles goal really that good? Didn't watch it, but it was said he was MOTM. Glad he's playing well, knew he had something first time i saw him.

It was pretty great tbf.

Seen it on MOTD, cracking volley, wonderful technique to hit it like that on the full volley. The dip he got on it was great.

Good start for Bent at Villa then, Lovely to see Man City dropping points :)

Van Persie could have had 5 today, albeit the post and the awful penalty, only his second missed penalty in his career and glad he finally got his hat trick with us. Hope he has his scoring boots on against Barca.

Al Habsi had the game of his life, especially in the first half. Kept Wigan in it for so long, Fabregas and Van Persie were a different class yesterday.

Al Habsi had the game of his life, especially in the first half. Kept Wigan in it for so long, Fabregas and Van Persie were a different class yesterday.

Great performance from RVP and Cesc yesterday. Al Habsi is a very underrated keeper. Everytime i've seen him he's made some absolutely outstanding stops, such a shame he plays for such an inept team.

Berbatov was outstanding yesterday. In fact, the front four of Giggs, Rooney, Berba and Nani looked very dangerous. With Giggs and Rooney the creators and Nani and Berba finishing things up. The score could have been a lot worse for Birmingham, they didn't get anywhere near them all game.

Van Persie looked unplayable yesterday, as well. I'm not a huge fan of his, but he was brilliant yesterday.

Great performance from RVP and Cesc yesterday. Al Habsi is a very underrated keeper. Everytime i've seen him he's made some absolutely outstanding stops, such a shame he plays for such an inept team.

That'll change when his loan spell ends...

Just seen the Andy Gray and Richard Keys sexist gaff. Busted!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12263398

Always make sure to turn your mic off! Even if you're off air!

Edited by Dog-amoto

That'll change when his loan spell ends...

Just seen the Andy Gray and Richard Keys sexist gaff. Busted!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12263398

Always make sure to turn your mic off! Even if you're off air!

They are twats, but there is an interesting point in all this. Women aren't allowed to play in the men's game, but they are allowed to officiate. I guess the line is drawn pretty clearly, but at what level can women get involved in the men's game? There's no female managers, I think there are a few female physio's.

I think women should be allowed to play in the men's league... but only if they're good enough. Which they're not.

They are twats, but there is an interesting point in all this. Women aren't allowed to play in the men's game, but they are allowed to officiate. I guess the line is drawn pretty clearly, but at what level can women get involved in the men's game? There's no female managers, I think there are a few female physio's.

Michaela Tabb in snooker/ pool is an example that springs to mind. No females play with the men in those sports either. (afaik!) And you'd think snooker and pool would be more unisex friendly... ::shrug:

michaela_tabb.jpg

I read the "sexist comments" today and tbh, they seem pretty jokey to me. Its nothing most of us wouldn't have had a laugh about amongst ourselves anyway.

Michaela Tabb in snooker/ pool is an example that springs to mind. No females play with the men in those sports either. (afaik!) And you'd think snooker and pool would be more unisex friendly... ::shrug:

michaela_tabb.jpg

I read the "sexist comments" today and tbh, they seem pretty jokey to me. Its nothing most of us wouldn't have had a laugh about amongst ourselves anyway.

'nuff said :P

It still doesn't make it right, these guys are TV presenters, they should be trying to promote female referee's in the game, not make shit jokes about them. The fact Andy Gray and Richard Keys are stuck so far up their own arses makes this even more funny they got caught.

Loved Kenny Dalglish's comments in his press conf today as well, asking if the Sky reporter was ok in having females present

Just downloaded the new commentary update for FIFA 11.

When my girlfriend started to play, Andy Gray told her to put the controller down and get back in the kitchen!

Sorry - I need crap jokes to cheer me up after this shambles at the Reebok!

Andy Gray and Richard Keys are both tools, particularly Gray, who must have an over/self-important opinion about everything. Such an arrogant shit.

Also, I find it a bit funny that they claim that she didn't know the offside rule when these two guys spend up to half an hour after games arguing whether a player is offside or not.

This is brilliant.

Unlucky, Dog. Sounds like Chelsea were on fire tonight.

That was awesome Flinky! So funny, he does a good voice of Andy Gray :laughing:

Chelski looked pretty good tonight, but I was impressed with the movement of Bolton up front, they just didn't quite have it in them to finish off some great moves. Having to attack so early on in the game left them open to more attacks which was unfortunate. Still a win is a win :grin:

What's wrong with what he said in that clip? Just a bit of banter!

(Assuming they're friends as well as colleagues that is...)

He's a moron, anyways. Hope he takes his fucking touch screen with him and shoves it up his arse.

He's a moron, anyways. Hope he takes his fucking touch screen with him and shoves it up his arse.

Pretty sure thats a Sky Sports thing not his...

Whilst I obviously don't agree with what he said, I don't understand the hate. He's hilarious and his accent is beneficial rather than a detrimental annoyance.

Him and Martin Tyler on Fifa will be no more I guess :(

What's wrong with what he said in that clip? Just a bit of banter!

(Assuming they're friends as well as colleagues that is...)

Well that's it, she didn't look very amused.

£52m bid rejected by Atletico for Aguero and Godin from Chelski. Some decent money being thrown around this January. We should get Suarez, will cost £20mish, Villa splashing out for Bent, and now this.