NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

Anyway, my other thoughts on the match were that Torres was poor every time he touched the ball.

His first touch is appauling now. One time his first touch would be sublime and then he would skin the defenders, now he just doesn't seem to care.

When I do get to see a Liverpool match I always keep an eye on him when he's off the ball and he always looks like he is just wandering around with his head in the clouds. I wouldn't be at all bothered if we sold him for a tidy sum before the market closes.

In regards to the pen, yeah the touch was minimal and IMO he dived but as the commentator said during the game, which player wouldn't these days? Man U could have easily been given a couple of more pens aswell, a few challenges in the box later in the game were alot worse than what Berba got.

Sorted out tickets for the replay at Leeds and for Newcastle away in the league today. Two stadiums I've not been to before, so I'm looking forward to them. Still need to sort out the coach, but I should be able to do that tomorrow.

1-0 to Liverpool already. Let's hope we don't cave in!

Edit: 1-1. Lol. :nono:

Edited by darksnowman

We've had so much of the ball in the first half and done nothing with it, very much like against Leeds at the weekend.

Pundits are slagging us off something rotten, they just said have you see Arsenal give away the ball so cheaply. I guess none of them watched the game against Wigan the other week when we were far worse and 2-1 up at half time.

Poor Arsenal were poor. Great Ipswich were great, after such a trouncing at the weekend they were revved up and ready to play. To think we have 3 more matches in the coming week, I hope we can hold up to the pressure and tiredness.

Nothing short of shocking from us, absolutely pathetic. It's almost like the didn't give a shit and it wasn't even a second string. Fabregas, Arshavin, Walcott, Bendtner, Eboue all full internationals.

You'd think winning by 2 goals at home would be a non-issue, but we've played poorly twice in a row, lots of work to be done in the second leg.

Poor Arsenal were poor. Great Ipswich were great, after such a trouncing at the weekend they were revved up and ready to play. To think we have 3 more matches in the coming week, I hope we can hold up to the pressure and tiredness.

Ipswich weren't great, yes they defended well, but they offered nothing on the attack. And got lucky with a hoof and an offside goal. We let ourselves down we failed to break them down and over complicated our play. A few shots at goal wouldn't have gone a miss.

Edited by Ramar

Nothing short of shocking from us, absolutely pathetic. It's almost like the didn't give a shit and it wasn't even a second string. Fabregas, Arshavin, Walcott, Bendtner, Eboue all full internationals.

You'd think winning by 2 goals at home would be a non-issue, but we've played poorly twice in a row, lots of work to be done in the second leg.

Ipswich weren't great, yes they defended well, but they offered nothing on the attack. And got lucky with a hoof and an offside goal. We let ourselves down we failed to break them down and over complicated our play. A few shots at goal wouldn't have gone a miss.

Well great compared to how Ipswich have played recently. But it was a gutsy display from a team on a 7 loss streak and on the back of a 7-0 hammering at Chelsea. Arsenal just weren't at the races, giving away possession so easily at times and overplaying it.

What a hilarious night. Goons losing and Liverpool continuing their poor form! Have to laugh :) COME ON IPSWICH. Park the tractor at the Effeminates!

What a hilarious night. Goons losing and Liverpool continuing their poor form! Have to laugh :) COME ON IPSWICH. Park the tractor at the Effeminates!

Fuck off, you only turn up to stir the shit. Try contributing to the topic on a regular basis then you can start the banter.

Too bad you're 4 points behind them in the league. Ramar speaks the truth, you only come in here to cause shite, you don't actually discuss anything.

Anyway, didn't watch the game, but it sounded like we had a few chances at 1-1 from the BBC feed. Happy with Torres scoring, but we really need to start getting results now. I'm still confident King Kenny can turn it all around.

I find myself a lot happier with Kenny in charge, even if we have lost again :hmm: It just feels right and he comes across very well in his interviews :smile:

Unfortunately, the main problem we have is the players. There are too many of them that just aren't up to scratch and we need a few solid signings just to give us a bit more strength in the squad..

I understand that King Kenny's appointment has pleased a lot of Liverpool fans, But Didn't Roy say himself that the team needed investments, if Liverpool's run of form is the same or worse then with Roy in charge will the fans blame Kenny the way that they blamed Roy?

I'm sorry but I don't see how the LMA Manager of the year 2010 is a sackable manager, especially after only being in the position for 6 months, and inheriting a team that looked to be falling to pieces long before Roy took the position.

If Everton were to take the 3 points in your next game would the crowd turn on the manager or the players?

I think Liverpool could have Mouriniho, Scolari, Ancelotti, Guardiola in charge... but still find them selves in a rut without a few decent signings.

I know I'm it's all fair and good me saying the above as a Manchester United supporter, but that's just my 2 cents on things, from my side of things, I think Roy got a harsh treatment at Anfield.

I largely agree with you, Murr. Although, you have to admit that the players that Roy did bring to the club just added to the problem. How many Liverpool fans were craving Konchesky or Poulsen? Meireles is hot and cold. So, that's one half buy out of 3. Coupling that with the decision to send Aquilani on loan, at a time when they were depleted in the centre of midfield, it never looked good for Roy.

It is amazing though to see the transformation of a team by just removing two players from the centre of midfield: Mascherano and Alonso. In my opinion, the centre of midfield and the centre of defence are the most important areas. Without a strong central midfield, or even a balanced one, you won't be able to control games at home or away, and Liverpool haven't been doing that.

He didn't seem to motivate the players, and from what i've seen, it looked like they didn't believe in him. He played negative football, which none of these players are used to playing (Konchesky maybe, but he's terrible).

The team is underperforming, there's no way anyone can say our squad is only as good as 13th, no way.

Reina

Kelly Carragher Agger Aurelio

Gerrard Meireles

Johnson Cole Maxi

Torres

I'd like to see that lineup, especially Johnson at right wing. Really impressed with Kelly, and Carrraghers organisation is important. Meireles will be a class player, i'm sure of it. I have to say though i'm not a fan of Maxi, we need someone in quickly with him imo. Cole is lacking confidence and fitness, but he's still a good player. With everyone fit, that looks like a decent lineup.

Too bad you're 4 points behind them in the league. Ramar speaks the truth, you only come in here to cause shite, you don't actually discuss anything.

Anyway, didn't watch the game, but it sounded like we had a few chances at 1-1 from the BBC feed. Happy with Torres scoring, but we really need to start getting results now. I'm still confident King Kenny can turn it all around.

Ah. The liverpool and arsenal fans have a little sulk and thank each others posts. Lighten up guys!

As soon as Hodgson got Konchesky in I knew it was going to be huge disaster. Liverpool have a long way to go to recover from this, and I think it's going to get much worse before it gets better to be honest.

Ah. The liverpool and arsenal fans have a little sulk and thank each others posts. Lighten up guys!

As soon as Hodgson got Konchesky in I knew it was going to be huge disaster. Liverpool have a long way to go to recover from this, and I think it's going to get much worse before it gets better to be honest.

Don't think it will. We got the funds now, to start improving the squad now. We got the right manager, why would it get worse?

Maybe not. I just can't see gerrard and Torres sticking around. Though rumours of Suarez and Parker for you lot, two great signings if that happens.

Maybe not. I just can't see gerrard and Torres sticking around. Though rumours of Suarez and Parker for you lot, two great signings if that happens.

With Kenny back at Liverpool, I can't see Gerrard going anywhere. Bringing him in was pretty much a crowd-pleaser.

I can't believe just how bad things have gotten there. Its quite shocking really. Maddog, I'm looking at your team (particularly that line behind Torres) and as great as it seems on paper, it just wouldn't work in practice, not with the players in their current form anyway. Joe Cole hasn't been anywhere near as good as we know he can be. Nowhere near. Maxi isn't all that, as you mention. And Johnson has hardly played as a RW, if at all, although I think that's where he should play. It says a lot when a lot of Liverpool fans have already replaced him with Kelly as their preference at right back.

Gerrard won't go, and regardless of what the media says, Torres is happy at Liverpool, and has LOTS of respect for King Kenny. That's why i can't see him going anywhere.

I don't think it would be a bad thing if we did lose Torres anyway. We are too dependent on him upfront and he just hasn't been the same player for quite a while now.

He's on bad form, but he's still got the world class ability. It would be terrible if we lost him.

If Torres went, it would be very bad for Liverpool. Purely because they're recent track record of replacing players has been awful. N'Gog is your second choice striker, which is hugely unfair on the lad when he has so much still to learn. He should be at least third or fourth. Basically, if Torres is out, he's your first choice. The equivalent of that is Macheda being first choice at United. Just isn't ready.

Exactly, we would get a massive amount for him if he was to go. If that happened, would players want to join us though? That'd be my worry. Yes we're a massive club, but players would want to join to win trophies, and there's only a few strikers who i would consider world class, so we'd only go backwards.