NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

My (optimistic) hope is they'll replace Keys and Gray with Stelling and Kamara.

Arsenal are going to Wembley! First silverware of the season perhaps *fingers crossed*, I don't really care if it's not considered a big trophy, it's still silverware at the end of the day.

Good attitude Emerald, what would you be saying if you lost though, 'oh well, were concentrating on the league/fa cup/champo league' like some others on here.....

Poor blackpool, started to die on their arses at the end and just couldn't keep up, Giggs changed the game though.

Good attitude Emerald, what would you be saying if you lost though, 'oh well, were concentrating on the league/fa cup/champo league' like some others on here.....

Poor blackpool, started to die on their arses at the end and just couldn't keep up, Giggs changed the game though.

I'd have just considered it a missed opportunity and moved on, while giving credit to the Ipswich defending, they did valiantly but it was all about could they defend like that for the 90 minutes, unfortunately not.

I've got to say, I'm absolutely over the moon that United came back tonight. That is the form of champions, tbh. Just got to hope they can carry it forward now.

I'd have just considered it a missed opportunity and moved on, while giving credit to the Ipswich defending, they did valiantly but it was all about could they defend like that for the 90 minutes, unfortunately not.

I doubt anyone can at the moment, the way Arsenal are playing at the moment, I love watching them despite the fact I support Liverpool. I could watch them all day.

Can't believe Andy Gray's been sacked! No fan of his think he is a bit of arsehole tbh and it was pretty out of order what he said but still he is the face of skysports...I have a "Today (old newspaper anyone remember it?) Special" book about the first premiership season and he there describing how great sky is...

I've had a really shit day today, so coming home to watch the game and seeing Blackpool rip us apart and take a 2-0 lead was the perfect end to it, I thought.

However, that second half performance was so much better. Giggs was so fucking good tonight. I loved it when the fans started singing Giggs Will Tear You Apart. I thought Scholesy deserved a goal, as he had a few great efforts but didn't manage to get one.

Berbatov and Hernandez have been awesome this season. That last goal had Cantona written all over it. I had shivers down my spine.

Blackpool were so unlucky though and they deserved something from the game. Many teams would have defended like hell and played a 10-0-0 formation after going one up, but they kept pressing and got a second. Should have probably had a penalty as well. Really unlucky. I hope they stay up as I admire the football that they play and they have a brilliant manager and team.

On a sad note, was horrible to see Rafael with the oxygen mask on. Hope the lad gets better.

Coming home from work and seeing Andy Gray sacked was shocking. Didn't expect that. I don't like the guy, but he's one of these ones that you love to hate. So, it'll be odd not hearing his voice on SkySports anymore. A bit of a tame incident for him to leave though, that Charlotte Jackson video. I hear much worse on a daily basis.

Are Sky releasing these videos on purpose...Sky News released the one of Andy Gray, makesme laugh anyways.

There obviously all filmed just before they go live and never aired, do they have an archive section of off air comments made by Keys and Gray.

I've got to say, I'm absolutely over the moon that United came back tonight. That is the form of champions, tbh. Just got to hope they can carry it forward now.

The form of champions going 2 down to a team who finished 6th in The Championship last year?.. If anything all credit goes to Blackpool for almost sneaking a result.

Anyway, couldn't give a toss about Man Utd tonight. We're going to Wembley! Just hope I've got enough away credits to get me a ticket, gonna be tight considering I'm not a season ticket holder.

Lol what? A champion side does precisely what Man U did last night -- come from behind to win the game. it takes a team of caliber to never give up and to have the willpower and the belief to succeed. You're being dimsighted if you're trying to take anything away from the victory. As a neutral, it was a fantastic game. Man U showed once again that when they're in trouble they still have cards to play in order to change things around.

Arsenal may've won as well, but they lost to the team 5th bottom of the lower league in the first leg, so you really shouldn't spout facts and figures as if they have any bearing on the meaning of 'champions'.

Aside from this; glad chelsea won convincingly. They may've had a bit of a rough month but maintaining a spot in the top 4 proves that they're still a side to contend with. Spurs should consider their next three games 9pts in the bag (sunderland posing the biggest threat) until their derby with arsenal which will no doubt bring them back to earth. Newcastle will find Bolton more of a struggle, but I think they will pick up plenty of points before their game with Man U in a month or so.

Lol what? A champion side does precisely what Man U did last night -- come from behind to win the game. it takes a team of caliber to never give up and to have the willpower and the belief to succeed. You're being dimsighted if you're trying to take anything away from the victory. As a neutral, it was a fantastic game. Man U showed once again that when they're in trouble they still have cards to play in order to change things around.

Don't get me wrong they done well to turn it around, but can anyone truly say they expected Blackpool to get a result last night? A Man Utd win was expected, on paper, form and technical level. A team like Blackpool should not be posing a threat to a team who's ambitions are to win the league.

I'd rather credit the underdog for playing well, than applaud the no brainer for doing what they should do.

Also last night, in my jubilant haze I forgot to say fair play to Ipswich and their fans. They played well, did their best, deserved they're home win. But our difference in class showed in the end.

I think Blackpool should have had a penalty. That penalty could have been the difference between winning and losing last night. Oh well, I didn't see the oxygen incident with rafael, what happened?

Arsenal game was a pretty good one. Ipswich's defending in the first half was really good, some great timed tackles. Shame they just could keep it up and pushing for another goal at the end just left them wide open which is perfect for Arsenal!

I don't think all these videos now prove anything more than they are boys being boys. Talking about "smashing it" is nothing more than a bit of "banter". I doubt hardly any of you can honestly say you don't have a few conversations like that. Their main comments were sexist and wrong, but there have been female supporters in their favour just saying they were having a joke.

Birmingham are through to the Carling cup final along with Arsenal. West Ham looked comfortable in the first half, Carlton Coal tucking away a fine curling shot from outside the box in the 31st minute. Birmingham however came out fighting and 2 corners later halfway through the second half they took it to extra time, Gardner being denied deep in stoppage time by Green, Extra time started with Birmingham retaining the advantage, finally Gardner beat Green with a dipping shot. West Ham tried to fight back but didn't have it in them.

Not an Easy final for Arsenal.

I just love that the prick Rio Ferdinand has jumped on the bandwagon and bashed Keys and Gray. He's obviously forgotten that little sex tape he made a few years back.

I just love that the prick Rio Ferdinand has jumped on the bandwagon and bashed Keys and Gray. He's obviously forgotten that little sex tape he made a few years back.

Rio's just a wind up merchant. :heh:

I'm gutted than Van Der Sar is retiring at the end of the year. It was to be expected, but to know its official is different. My heart sank this morning when I found out. :(

Also, Blackpool have been fined for fielding a weakened team against Aston Villa. Fucking bullshit. Fair enough, introduce a 25-man squad rule. But, a manager should be allowed to choose ANY of the 25 in any order that he wants. What next? Will the FA now create a list of possible combinations that a manager is allowed to use? Horseshit.

Rio's just a wind up merchant. :heh:

I'm gutted than Van Der Sar is retiring at the end of the year. It was to be expected, but to know its official is different. My heart sank this morning when I found out. :(

Also, Blackpool have been fined for fielding a weakened team against Aston Villa. Fucking bullshit. Fair enough, introduce a 25-man squad rule. But, a manager should be allowed to choose ANY of the 25 in any order that he wants. What next? Will the FA now create a list of possible combinations that a manager is allowed to use? Horseshit.

That last paragraph was exactly the same as every 606 member when I looked after reading the BBC article. Are you on another forum :o How could you?!

Torres is leaving?

It seemed like a trademark cheeky bid from Chelsea but stuff has been appearing all morning that says Torres himself would like the deal to go through. Early this morning I read that Balague said this and now I see Sid Lowe says the same. They are the only sources I personally give any credibility to in all this.

Fair enough if Torres wants out in the summer. Two years with out the Champs League would be too much for him, we know. But in January...? Wha...?

I'd be very surprised if Torres was allowed to speak with Chelsea let alone move there. But if he did, in this window. Then I'd be a little concerned if I was Man Utd.

Liverpool have signed Suarez, is that good news, or bad new regarding the Torres business, I hope it's good news and he see's the club is willing to prepare to sign big players and spend the money.I hope he stays until the summer anyways.

No chance he's going this month, it's just never going to happen. He said he wanted Liverpool to at least consider the bid.

Suarez is a good signing, happy with the deal. Great to see us spending without selling, and a big amount aswell, 22.8mil.

Have they actually signed him? All I can see on Liverpool's website is they've agreed a fee with Ajax, no medical or personal terms have been settled.