NEurope
Retro_Link

Kid Icarus Uprising

So... is there like an unwritten rule that you can't just scan images of them from the computer screen? Because you can do that very easily.

I've only just started playing but they just give you hearts and enter into your vault to view... don't they?

I've only just started playing but they just give you hearts and enter into your vault to view... don't they?

And they spoil the story for you. ;)

I guess the me of 10 years ago would have been all over trying to legitimately collect all the AR Cards. Me today just wants to scan them online and unlock 100 hearts a piece.

Edited by Guy

The cards I got from ONM are...

Coral

Ball Cannon

Artillery Claws

X Bomb

Vakloom

Three Sacred Treasures

Scanning the cards/pictures online also unlocks idols (just like trophies in Smash Bros) which give you information about the characters and weapons etc. The game keeps track of which idols you scanned and which ones you earned by playing the game so if for some reason that bothers you then don't scan cards that you don't own.

I just had a free for all match where I killed 9 people and died twice and got 2088 points, I did so well that I got a connection error after that match :eek:

BTW here's a cool little secret for those who have completed the game:

Go to Options, Other, then Hidden Options to enable/disable dialogue during the chapters and also to choose between Palutena and Viridi for the menu. This changes the Solo menu design as well as the Goddess that you can offer hearts to.

Can't you just change the voice volume to 0 if you don't want to hear it?

Beats me lol, I enjoy the dialogue too much to bother changing this setting.

Can't you just change the voice volume to 0 if you don't want to hear it?

Beats me lol, I enjoy the dialogue too much to bother changing this setting.
x3 combo: :heh:
That setting also removes the character art/8-bit scenes from the touch screen.

I sometimes use the no dialogue option when taking on intensity 9.0 (the less distraction during those the better ;)) or when re-playing a stage quite a few times.

:D:heh:..........

Dammit! Must stop skimming :)

Finally got it.

Completely lost. And I watched the tutorials. Items and power ups and stuff just seem to be happening for no reason and I'm sort of lost at what they do.

But it's fun... and the controls, so far, don't seem needly as fiddly as everyone said they were.

Also the stand? Just like the Control Pro... it is excellent! I might be playing all my games on it... it just makes it so much more enjoyable. Makes gaming feel more like an event. AND IT'S JUST A BIT OF PLASTIC!

I was the same, but eventually it clicks!

As for the stand. I tried using it once but it was hard, but it was quite low, do people whack it on a table and play like that?!

I currently use the stand as a Vita stand :)

Not feeling motivated lately to play this. There's just TOO MUCH to take in! I daren't venture online either, something tells me it will be evil and soul destroying to even try.

Stand is excellent, during Sakurais demonstration (nintendo direct) he mentioned that it would provide 'extra comfort' I totally ignored him, until of course, the day it arrived. not even once have I played uprising without the stand.

It's nice to have the option. I think it does make it more comfortable.

It was great getting the game, the stand and a pack of cards! They did a good job of making your purchase feel extra special. :)

I haven't tried the stand at all, I don't think it'd be possible to use it while laying down in bed lol

@Jav I recommend using a weapon with a value between 150-250 when you first go online, that way if you get owned you won't hurt your team too much :D

Just played it using the stand, and my hand doesn't hurt as much when playing. Found the 3D was slightly ghosting after awhile so had to turn it off :( Was having fun with a remixed weapon I fused until I got the final Hewraw and it simply wasn't any use whatsoever.

On Chapter 4 and at the moment feeling pretty meh about the game. I can imagine that the gameplay won't change much, just the difficulty will increase.

I'm still stuck at 98% on the Power portrait! :shakehead

Just can't seem to obtain that final power. ::shrug:

@Mike, did you get them all?

Pretty sure the only one I'm missing is...

the tempura bomb.

...And that's an online-only power, right? So perhaps you need to collect it in Together mode. :blank:

Originally I thought that all powers could be found either offline or online, but seeing as this one just isn't showing up in Solo mode, maybe that's not the case. :hmm:

No, I'm still missing five! I have the one you don't, though, but I can't remember where I got it.

I used the last of my feathers to complete Palutena's treasure hunt this evening, and I've got 92/120 in Viridi's. I'm sure there are quite a few of the remaining 28 that I won't be able to do, but I've got 5 feathers left, at least. Not expecting to complete it, though. I beat my first 9.0 level yesterday (Chapter 1) - can't believe there's no achievement for doing it!

No, I'm still missing five! I have the one you don't, though, but I can't remember where I got it.
Grrr! :heh:

Yeah, think I remember you using it on our very first VS match actually.

I used the last of my feathers to complete Palutena's treasure hunt this evening, and I've got 92/120 in Viridi's. I'm sure there are quite a few of the remaining 28 that I won't be able to do, but I've got 5 feathers left, at least. Not expecting to complete it, though. I beat my first 9.0 level yesterday (Chapter 1) - can't believe there's no achievement for doing it!

I'm currently 90/120 on Viridi's, and have also got 5 feathers left. Reckon I might just be able to complete it, using all of those feathers as well that is. ;)

Mike, how are you doing with...

Hades's Treasure Hunt?

I'm 59/120 at the moment. Now this treasure hunt I'm definitely not going to complete, feathers or otherwise. :laughing:

I tried to use one on the clear all chapters on intensity 9.0 square, but it doesn't let you use it! :D

Looks like I'll never be completing that achievement then. :hehe:

Pretty sure the only one I'm missing is...

the tempura bomb.

...And that's an online-only power, right? So perhaps you need to collect it in Together mode. :blank:

Originally I thought that all powers could be found either offline or online, but seeing as this one just isn't showing up in Solo mode, maybe that's not the case. :hmm:

I got this yesterday. I can't remeber what chapter it was, but it was definetly on one of the new ones I completed. I finished chapter 12-15 yesterday, if that gives you any help.

I used the last of my feathers to complete Palutena's treasure hunt this evening

Yeah, I did the same yesterday, hence me moving on with the story. I may do the other treasure hunts, but looking at some of the later ones I doubt I will be able to finish them all.

EDIT:Just disregard what I wrote about that power as I haven't got it. I could have sworn I saw it come up yesterday, unless it was a random prize on one of the games I played versus the AI and they nabbed it. Who knows? :)

Edited by Hero-of-Time
Automerged Doublepost

Sorry to keep you waiting...

;)

@Mokong X\-C for the upload.

: peace:

Great stuff as usual, S.C.G. It's getting harder and harder for me not to buy it!

From what I've seen, I think they got the tone just right. The character models of Pit and Palutena are spot-on, as are the enemies. As you say, it is self-aware, which I find refreshing. The whole thing reminds me of cartoons I used to watch, and the good ones at that.

By the way, is anyone playing this without a screen protector? If so, is your screen scratched yet?

I don't see why your screen would scratch. It's not like you have to press hard, especially if you're using the stand like I am.

I seems I've amassed a couple of Streetpass gems from other players while out and about in Londonium on Friday. Thanks to (name not comitted to memory) I now have a +3 heart stat weapon that, thanks to earlier advice to combine it with the heart bonus ability, is making serious bank on higher intensities.

By the way, is anyone playing this without a screen protector? If so, is your screen scratched yet?

Yes, no screen-protector and No my touch-screen doesn't have a single scratch. The touch-screen on the 3DS is more responsive than that of the DS, it doesn't require as much force to play games that use the touch-screen.

Trust me Gra, unless your pressing down hard or have a damaged stylus, the touch-screen should be fine.