NEurope
Retro_Link

Kid Icarus Uprising

At last! I finally got that missing power. :yay:

Ze83m.jpg

Have been making quite a lot of progress on this gem of a game, actually.

Managed to 9.0 another stage! :awesome: Chapter 3:

ofShW.jpg

And have been super close to doing Chapter 2 on 9.0 as well (made it to the boss on numerous occasions), 'tis surely just a matter of time now. :hehe:

This awesome weapon has really been helping on high intensity:

6D9Cy.jpg

Yep, you read that correctly... Overall defence +8! :o

And my my, does that stat come in handy on 9.0. ;)

I've recently been experimenting with all of the different weapon types too, that's right... even clubs! :laughing: (which can actually be pretty awesome with practice! :eek:)

Messing with all the different types reminded me a little of Monster Hunter Tri, and how much fun it was learning to use new weapons on that game.

It's just as much fun in Kid Icarus Uprising, and also a great way to add extra re-play value... not like the game needs any help with that though. :D

In other KI:U news, I've obtained every in-game Idol now as well! :bouncy:

I only know this because it was an achievement on...

Hades's Treasure Hunt:

esSpu.jpg

Here's a pic from the first page of my Idols section:

lvYXo.jpg

Notice the number of Idols is 405, but the highest known AR card so far (Dark Pit (Flying)) is numbered 407...

...which means there are some Idols that can only be obtained via AR cards!

I'm really curious as to how many there are in total then.

Anyway, how's everyone else doing with the game? Any more entries for the Intensity 9.0 hall of fame? :heh:

I'm basing my weapon choices almost purely on the Value number.

How do you chose yours and what does Value actually mean?

I'm really loving this game. I'm probably not even halfway through all the chapters (forgot which one I am on now actually).

I have been busy trying to get some of the treasure hunts out of the way, though I have a feeling I won't be able to do all of them... I'm already having trouble finishing some, like doing chapter 1 in 4 minutes... I guess I'm too slow!

As for weapons, I also base it on the value and what attributes it has. I seem to have a preference for blades and bows, though I am currently using a pretty nice staff. Not a fan of clubs; just had to use one for a treasure hunt achievement, urgh. Haven't really used cannons, arms or orbitars yet though, might have to give them a try at some point (well I imagine I will have to for the treasure hunt).

But yes, loving it!

Still not tried any more 9.0 levels - I'm just trying to get the 'all levels at 5.0 or higher' achievement at the moment, and I've only got chapter 10 left to go on that now. I beat the last level on intensity 6.0 last night, then stayed around to hear the post-credits extra (which I hadn't listened to online before) - hilarious!

I'm basing my weapon choices almost purely on the Value number.

How do you chose yours and what does Value actually mean?

Value seems to be the combination of ranged stars, melee stars, and the various weapon stats.

As you can see in the image I posted above. That Ball Cannon only has 1/6 stars on ranged and 3/6 on melee attack, yet it has a pretty high value at 312. This is because of the insane Overall defence stat, and also the fact that it features the maximum of 6 different stats, all of which are positive. Negative stats will lower the value, obviously. :heh:

Value plays an important role in the Light vs Dark multiplayer mode too.

The higher value weapon you use, the more damage is done to the team life bar if/when you get killed.

Value also determines the colour of weapon gems:

100-149 = blue

150-199 = green

200-249 = yellow

250-299 = orange

300-349 = red

350-??? = no idea, because my highest value weapon is still 323. :heh:

I'm already having trouble finishing some, like doing chapter 1 in 4 minutes... I guess I'm too slow!
Hehehe! Don't worry, you're not too slow. :hehe: That's actually one of the tougher speed runs to do.

My advice would be don't even bother attempting it again, until you get hold of a weapon with a Running Speed+ or Speed+ stat (preferably +4), and some of the speed/stamina enhancing powers, like Tirelessness or Lightweight. ;)

I beat the last level on intensity 6.0 last night, then stayed around to hear the post-credits extra (which I hadn't listened to online before) - hilarious!
Yeah, it's really funny. icon14.gif

I'm guessing that loads of people will miss it though, which is a shame.

icon4.gifAnyone still playing/yet to play this game:

Do not press any buttons after the credits have finished, be sure to wait a few minutes...

: peace:

So what should imply most attention to with how good a weapon is? Is the value ultimately how good it is? When infuse weapons thee are times when the value would go up, but the stars drop so I don't bother.

Weapon value is only something to consider for online multiplayer. With a high weapon value your team will lose more health in Light vs Dark when you die, and in Free For All opponents will gain more points from defeating you. Of course if your weapon is so good that it'll be hard for anyone to kill then by all means go for it :D

No, I mean in determining which weapon is better. There are so many factors and can't quite figure it

Hehehe! Don't worry, you're not too slow. :hehe: That's actually one of the tougher speed runs to do.

My advice would be don't even bother attempting it again, until you get hold of a weapon with a Running Speed+ or Speed+ stat (preferably +4), and some of the speed/stamina enhancing powers, like Tirelessness or Lightweight. ;)

The thing is I did use a weapon with a Speed+ stat (forgot what number), used Tirelessness and Lightweight together! And I still didn't manage to do it. =P

It's the flying part that takes too long, but I imagine I can't speed any of that up. =(

@Eenuh Don't bother using lightweight, it's not much help and it takes away a lot of space that could be used for other more important powers.

You're right you can't speed up the flying section of a chapter, the most important part is to defeat the monsters, especially the bosses/ sub-bosses really quickly. I'm normally slow (running-speed wise) thanks to my weapon but I make sure that bosses take no more than 1 minute to finish off, that's where you save all your time. (However it does become more difficult later on)

Dodge attacks and overwhelm them with combinations; a powerful weapon used with more attacking powers (meteor, laser etc) when they're stationary.

Do you have 'Claw' type weapon? Their speed + melee is fantastic, you won't even need to worry about using powers such as lightweight +/ tirelessness as much.

The thing is I did use a weapon with a Speed+ stat (forgot what number), used Tirelessness and Lightweight together! And I still didn't manage to do it. =P

It's the flying part that takes too long, but I imagine I can't speed any of that up. =(

Nope, you can't speed up the air battle.

Which weapon type were you using?

To add to what I mentioned earlier about building a speed running set, try to get those stats on a pair of claws if you can, as claws increase movement speed more than any other weapon. :wink:

The speed increase also varies between each different claw type. The best type for speed is the Brawler Claws.

So yeah, if you combine a pair of Brawler claws with Speed +4 and the Lightweight power, you'll be able to utilise the fastest possible moment speed in the game! :cool:

And seriously, that combination makes Pit move so fast (we're talking Sonic the hedgehog style speed here) it's actually ridiculous. :grin:

Do you have 'Claw' type weapon? Their speed + melee is fantastic, you won't even need to worry about using powers such as lightweight +/ tirelessness as much.

Indeed. I've been rocking the Beam Claws for ages now, easily my favourite weapon.

I can finally get back into uprising again, well the multiplayer anyway.

How many hours you put into it @RedShell?
Just over 60.

This is clearly going to be a 100+ hour game though, what with online play, and the crazy amount of stuff to do. :bouncy:

Don't bother using lightweight, it's not much help and it takes away a lot of space that could be used for other more important powers.
When you're going for a speed run though, there's really no need for other powers! :D

The biggest downside to lightweight, is that it lowers defence (I think :hmm:), but the fact that you'll be avoiding most enemies anyway means that shouldn't really be a problem.

I urge anyone that's struggling with beating a chapter in a certain time to at least try using Brawler claws with Speed + / Lightweight. If anything, just to be amused by how fast it is! :heh:

Indeed. I've been rocking the Beam Claws for ages now, easily my favourite weapon.

You, sir, are a man of good taste. Hi five, fellow Beam Claws user! :D

You better include Mike & RedShell in that too they were rippin' peeps apart online with those claws before! (me included)

The lightsaber claws do look pretty cool. Although my wolf claws are currently better than my best lightsaber claws.

For the Chapter 1 speed run as soon as I started the on foot section I activated lightweight then ran all the way up to the boss since you can skip all the enemies, then I just used Mega Laser and my weapon to kill him. Oh yeah do it on intensity 0.0 so then he'll have less health

@dazzybee which weapon is better depends on your playstyle and how you use a weapon. The stars are a measure of how much damage the weapon will do with shots and melee attacks and then there are multiple attributes you can have... Stars + attributes = value but you shouldn't pay much attention to value at all. Also some weapons and abilities are more suited to single player whilst others are better for multiplayer.

IMO it's better to have a weapon that allows more opportunities for scoring damage than having a weapon that's really powerful but hard to hit opponents with.

Sooooo are we gonna do a KIU tourney? If we are, I'm in! (Monday or Friday would be best!)

Here's a vid I just put together to showcase the awesome speed of the Brawler Claws and Lightweight:

Added some Sonic music/SFX for a laugh. :heh:

: peace:

Ok, that's pretty damn insane... I did not envisage that.

btw @Dcubed, a tourney does sound pretty awesome. if we have one I'd sure as hell be in.

For the Chapter 1 speed run as soon as I started the on foot section I activated lightweight then ran all the way up to the boss since you can skip all the enemies, then I just used Mega Laser and my weapon to kill him. Oh yeah do it on intensity 0.0 so then he'll have less health

@dazzybee which weapon is better depends on your playstyle and how you use a weapon. The stars are a measure of how much damage the weapon will do with shots and melee attacks and then there are multiple attributes you can have... Stars + attributes = value but you shouldn't pay much attention to value at all. Also some weapons and abilities are more suited to single player whilst others are better for multiplayer.

IMO it's better to have a weapon that allows more opportunities for scoring damage than having a weapon that's really powerful but hard to hit opponents with.

Okay... so value is meaningless, the stars are all important depending on whether you prefer range or melee?! But the bonuses are also pretty important?!

SO a really high valued weapon with 2 stars is not as good as a low valued weapon with 3 stars?!

Pretty much, unless if the attributes of the weaker weapon are really useful then I would say the weapon with more stars is better.

Okay... and how much of a difference to the bonuses play?! And doe the stats tell all, or is a star worth different depending on which weapon?!