NEurope
Retro_Link

Kid Icarus Uprising

Me and @Josh64 are going to the Birmingham one. I really should've practiced online before today but oh well lol, can't really complain if I lose.

I really should have practiced in the first place :P I've only played multiplayer once! It will be a frantic train ride

Edited by Josh64

Make sure you post some pics guys. I would love to go but very busy this weekend. Plus I'm too crap to play online quite yet. Only finished Chapter 4 this morning :-(

One thing I'm really liking about the game generally is that it makes me want to play it in short bursts. I'm not getting that "JUST 5 MORE MINUTES >_<" addiction. It stops me overplaying it and burning out (no pun intended).

I performed so badly I didn't even have my picture taken with the squad :p That guy was just too good for my noobish skills, not to mention I really don't like multiplayer anyway (well, that's my excuse)

I got some rare loser cards though! And a poster with Pit and Dark Pit! The queue was so extreme when we first got there, especially considering there was only one guy to play against and each match was like 3 mins!

The guy I had to fight was really good, he had a weapon that boosted his health so matching hits was not a good idea. We ended up fighting on the massive temple stage (my least favourite) and I couldn't use my meteor shower power to damage him because of the ceiling

Even though I lost I still got a pack of not so rare cards and a poster that I crumpled, creased and tore on the way back :( The prize for winning was a Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS pouch and seeing as I'm not a Zelda fan I'm not too fussed about losing

The prizes were pretty weird, man. and I got a DARK PIT card, I'm just gonna watch him duke it out with normal Pit all night whilst drowning my sorrows in Strongbow. It's the only way to get over such a shameful loss.

And the Pit side of the poster didn't crease for me, it looks pretty intense. I'll have to find somewhere to bang it up.

Make sure you post some pics guys. I would love to go but very busy this weekend. Plus I'm too crap to play online quite yet. Only finished Chapter 4 this morning :-(

One thing I'm really liking about the game generally is that it makes me want to play it in short bursts. I'm not getting that "JUST 5 MORE MINUTES >_<" addiction. It stops me overplaying it and burning out (no pit intended).

That's ashame, man! Maybe you can make one of the next ones! I'm up to about Chapter 16 I think. And yeah I like to play it in short bursts but have been on the same chapter for over a week now :P I'll really have to get back into it!

Edited by Josh64

I popped in twice to gather some Streetpasses (got about 20 in total) Wonder if any of you guys got my Mii (I was wearing a 3DS hat)

Didn't fancy hanging around in that massive queue, and knew I would be crap at the battle so didn't stick around much.

I popped in twice to gather some Streetpasses (got about 20 in total) Wonder if any of you guys got my Mii (I was wearing a 3DS hat)

Didn't fancy hanging around in that massive queue, and knew I would be crap at the battle so didn't stick around much.

We popped in twice aswell! What's the name of your Mii? My Mii has a triforce on its head :D

We popped in twice aswell! What's the name of your Mii? My Mii has a triforce on its head :D

Don't think I got your Mii (don't remember anyone with a Tricforce hat.

My Miis Name is Chris. (was wearing Blue)

Anyone out there with a 3DS who doesn't have Uprising, found a good price from Amazon for £22.95. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002I0EMBI/ref=nosim/?tag=hotukdeals-21

Similarly The Hut also has it for the same price, but with it you also get the download code for 'Myths & Monsters'. http://www.thehut.com/games-3ds/kid-icarus-uprising-includes-free-game-and-3ds-stand/10300633.html?affil=awin&awc=2547_1337004437_e3afaec63f7371f77f677465d8a59861&utm_source=AWin-47868&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=AffiliateWin

btw @welsh_gamer are you Rhys135?

Anyone out there with a 3DS who doesn't have Uprising, found a good price from Amazon for £22.95. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002I0EMBI/ref=nosim/?tag=hotukdeals-21

Similarly The Hut also has it for the same price, but with it you also get the download code for 'Myths & Monsters'. http://www.thehut.com/games-3ds/kid-icarus-uprising-includes-free-game-and-3ds-stand/10300633.html?affil=awin&awc=2547_1337004437_e3afaec63f7371f77f677465d8a59861&utm_source=AWin-47868&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=AffiliateWin

btw @welsh_gamer are you Rhys135?

I saw this... weirdly the version with the stand is going cheaper than the solus edition.

May 19 is Multiplayer Battle Day.

"REDMOND, Wash., May 16, 2012 - Since the March 23 launch of Kid Icarus: Uprising on the Nintendo 3DS system, legions of fans have experienced the game's action-packed multiplayer features. To make it easier than ever for fans to come together, Nintendo of America has created a Multiplayer Battle Day Meetup Everywhere community that people can use to organize their own local Kid Icarus: Uprising multiplayer tournaments, meetups and social gatherings*.

Fans and Nintendo 3DS users are encouraged to get together and battle it out on Saturday, May 19, which has been designated as Kid Icarus: Uprising Multiplayer Battle Day. Using a broadband Internet connection or local wireless connection, players who own a Nintendo 3DS and Kid Icarus: Uprising can compete in the game's frenetic multiplayer modes, whether battling it out in three-on-three Light Versus Dark mode or six-player Free-for-All mode. The 20 groups with the most participants will receive special Kid Icarus: Uprising premium items such as AR Card packs and T-shirts, while supplies last.

Meetup Everywhere is a simple-to-use online platform that enables followers to coordinate local, real-life meetups based on shared interests. Nintendo 3DS users who are interested in sharing Kid Icarus: Uprising multiplayer experiences, trading AR cards with others or exchanging in-game weapons using StreetPass are invited to visit http://www.meetup.com/nintendo3ds to find events in their area or to plan their own meetups.

For more information about Kid Icarus: Uprising, available now exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS system, visit http://kidicarus.nintendo.com/uprising."

Plunged my wallet, bought this for £30 (with stand). Only played a few hours, and it is sweet as. So much detail, great 3D graphics. And love the controls, just got used to them now.

Nice! I think you'll really enjoy the game. However you could've bought this from Amazon/TheHut for £23.

Nice! I think you'll really enjoy the game. However you could've bought this from Amazon/TheHut for £23.

Yeah, could of. But was in the store and saw it, so decided to buy it. Wasn't £30 in the end, got it for £25 with points. It is great so far, have played the original 3D classic (which i downloaded for free as part of the Nintendo thingy they done) and thought that was excellent. They've certainly made a gem, and it's sweet.

Edited by Jimbob

CARDS INCOMIIIIING

Some one on the ONM forum received 2 of their packs. This should be interesting.

Not visited this thread for a while as was never sure if I wanted this game or not...

Anyway glad I clicked on! Thank you so much @\-Dem0\- for the heads up on The Hut's price!

Order placed!! ;)

Your welcome, but save the thanks for welsh_bargainhunter. I found it through him.

So I finally received my 2 packs of AR cards today from NOE. :laughing:

Shame that I've already unlocked every in-game idol (just from playing the game), and scanned the majority of them too (thanks to the online AR Card Database). :hehe:

I was hoping that I'd get card...

number 405, which remains the only unknown card on the database, and its idol is not obtainable in-game, it must be scanned to unlock... Whatever it is. :blank:

...but alas, it wasn't to be. :heh:

Haven't received any of my cards yet but I imagine they're all going to be flooding in this week.

Apparently they haven't done the sensible things of grouping larger orders in packets, they're just sending out envelopes of 2 packets no matter how many you bought haha.

Haven't received any of my cards yet but I imagine they're all going to be flooding in this week.

Apparently they haven't done the sensible things of grouping larger orders in packets, they're just sending out envelopes of 2 packets no matter how many you bought haha.

Genius! :heh:

Hang on... Didn't some of you lot order like 100 packets? :laughing:

Oh man, you gotta take a pics of the mountain of envelopes underneath the letterbox when they arrive. :D

Better yet, catch a vid of the postie shoving 'em through. :laughing:

Edited by RedShell

Ahahaha, I ordered around 23 lots but some guys ordered way more so I'll try my best! I imagine they'll be lazy and post a few over a couple of days.

Managed to get any rares though dude? Apparently they have coloured wings on the rare cards.

It's probably @Hero\-of\-Time and @Debug Mode fault they took so long to arrive :heh:. Can't wait to see what it looks like when they arrive.

Poor postman.

Looking forward to when they actually start selling them in shops so we don't have to wait so long, starting to lose interest now :P