NEurope
Retro_Link

Kid Icarus Uprising

So what do you actually need to do to get 100%?
Well, you'll be happy to know, that you don't need to complete all of the treasure hunts, only the ones with significant unlockable rewards, like powers.

And although I'm not completely certain as to the exact requirements for game file completion (too much to keep track of :heh:), I'm pretty sure that collecting all of the powers, weapons & in-game idols was part of it.

The other thing (and the final one for me to complete before reaching 100%) was finding/opening all of the treasure chests & intensity gates in every chapter.

Luckily, it's possible to see which chapters you still need to do that in, by the colour of the wreath on the selection screen:

Green = stuff left to find.

Gold = all done.

Reaching/surviving some of the higher intensity gates can be pretty tricky! :eek:

There are some enemies i still just dont know how to deal with. Like the kicking treasure-chest legs. Anything that charges after me actually!
Mimicuties gave me quite a bit of trouble too, before I knew how to deal with them.

You can't go all out attack, like with the majority of enemies. So yeah, you need to be dodging and then counterattacking.

When they charge toward you (doing Chun-Li kicks :grin:), dodge backwards, just before contact.

When they're doing the spinny thing (spinning bird kick :hehe:), dodge to the side, again just before it hits.

Then counter with ranged/melee attacks (depending on your setup) and repeat the process (it's unlikely you'll kill them after a single attack, as they have really high defence).

It's all about timing and patience with enemies like that. :smile:

I've been playing the multiplayer mode, winning the majority of Light vs Dark battles in around 2 mins or less getting somewhere between 250 - 450 hearts per game not including any extra I get from converting any extra obtained but unwanted weapons ;) granted it might not be anywhere near the amount of hearts I'd be getting if playing single player but still, not bad eh?
Oh yeah, I forgot about converting unwanted weapons. :woops: That makes earning hearts online a little bit better.

: peace:

I've been winning the vast, vast majority of online games, deathmatch and lightVdark... and this doesn't feel right...

Same here famish, went on last night for the first time since I got the game and won all the matches (only a handful) and actually dealt the final blow on all but 1. Even tried different weapons and stuff, loved it.

We have to organise a 3V3 game on here, surely it's amazing!

Just one more achievement to go before I can feather the rest of Viridi's treasure hunt.. Two of the ones I've got left could be done if I wait long enough (Get 3000 hearts by converting weapons gems and StreetPass 30 people, which I'm bound to do at the London Expo in May), but I'm just too impatient.. To be honest, I feel like I should be able to defeat 20 enemies with the Cherubot's melee attack, but I haven't been able to find anywhere with enough enemies (the closet I've found is chapter 12, which had about 17 or 18 in the Cherubot section, by my count).

Palutena's Revolting Dinner was quite enjoyable, my favourite of the shorts so far. Captured the humour of the game more than the other ones. Probably the best animated of them all, although there was still something about the art that felt off to me.

Viridi's Treasure Hunt complete! :yay: Turns out that for the Cherubot achievement, killing one enemy too early stops a load of others from spawning, so I managed 20 kills easily once I worked that out.

6b29e7b6.jpg

This game is more difficult than I thought it would be. I'm almost close to dying at the end of the flying stages.

In the 90%s. Trying to get all achievements without using feathers. I guess it's not THAT hard, but just mega time consuming. I thank god I have my bro's 3DS to use his coins/trade good weapons with myself.

Trying to get all the numbered gates. I know they aren't necessary, but I like to know what's behind them all.

At the moment 5.0 is my default and it's very easy now. I can do 7 and 8 most of the time, but making it to the actual ground levels with 9.0 still intact is an extreme pain. There's only one 9.0 gate right? The one at the beginning of Thanatos' level?

I think in order to get 100% you have to unlock every single weapon in the game, so far I'm at 95.7% and I know I have a couple of weapons left to get because I can't fuse them.

EDIT: Almost finished Palutena's treasure hunt, only ones left are to convert gems and weapons to hearts which I cba to do right now lol

Edited by f00had

Which fools have been buying these for a tenner a piece?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-Pack-Of-6-Kid-Icarus-Uprising-AR-Cards-For-Nintendo-3DS-Sealed-In-Hand-/390408261248?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5ae6254e80#ht_500wt_1413

Just go buy the Nintendo mag!

Then we have this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-THREE-SACRED-TREASURES-KID-ICARUS-AR-CARD-NINTENDO-/290697642196?pt=UK_VideoGames_Merchandise_RL&hash=item43aeee00d4#ht_500wt_1413

If the guy in the first link is to be believed, you get one of these cards in every pack from the Nintendo mag.

This game makes me so happy. So much to do, and i agree that i seem to be walking the online mode, i took out a big gaggle of peeps with one grenade earlier. Its just havok, its like im the only one with a bit of tactical nouse.

One thing i must say, the game up until Medusa was average, then it just took on a whole other world for me since that other fella shows up. But i suppose thats when the controls finally clicked.

One thing i must say, the game up until Medusa was average, then it just took on a whole other world for me since that other fella shows up..

That's exactly where I'm up to in the Solo mode.. so if the game is set to get even better, that's awesome :bouncy:

Remember this?:

Combine all of the above with killing a Rare Treasurefish!

...the results can be pretty spectacular. :o

We're talking several of these:

XZtoS.png

Well, I've been using the game notes function on my 3DS to record the exact amount of hearts for doing that on various intensities. :geek:

Here are the results:

icon4.gif Keep in mind that this is using a weapon with Heart Bonus +3 while also using the Heart Booster power.

5.0 = 6,579

6.0 = 9,190

7.0 = 13,798

8.0 = 22,067

9.0 = 37,504

And that's not a typo on 9.0. You really do get over 37k for killing that one (completely helpless) enemy! :cool:

On the chapter that I was testing this on...

Chapter 11

...that enemy didn't appear bellow intensity 5.0. Not sure it that's the case for every chapter it appears on though, will have to try it bellow 5.0 on a different one to find out. :blank:

But it looks like you receive a different amount of hearts for defeating it on different chapters anyway. :hmm: And I haven't discovered any that are as lucrative as the one I mentioned above.

so if the game is set to get even better, that's awesome :bouncy:
Believe me, that trend continues throughout the entire game. ;)

What is a rare treasure fish? That's an incredible amount of heartage! Will give it a go!

What is a rare treasure fish? That's an incredible amount of heartage! Will give it a go!

If you guys have Twitter then be sure to follow Kid Icarus UK on Twitter for daily updates on weapons and enemies, it's really helpful to learn the pros and cons of each weapon and the strengths and weaknesses of enemies.

I got this game yesterday. It seems like a really great feature filled game with loads of replay value. But I just can't take to the controls. I've tried many different control schemes, both left and right handed. Nothing seems to do it for me. :hmm:

I got this game yesterday. It seems like a really great feature filled game with loads of replay value. But I just can't take to the controls. I've tried many different control schemes, both left and right handed. Nothing seems to do it for me. :hmm:

I'd recommend not swapping and changing around any more and just chose the LEAST painful or annoying one and stick with it. None of the control schemes are THAT ideal but changing them around isn't going to help you get used to it.

I didn't much like the controls and now I don't think about them at all.

I just can't take to the controls. I've tried many different control schemes, both left and right handed. Nothing seems to do it for me. :hmm:
You've got to give it more time. Seriously, it does take quite a while (a few days even) before the controls become natural.

Also, (if you haven't done so already) try adjusting the cursor sensitivity and camera speed. I wasn't a fan of the default setting on those, but after messing with them, it played much better for me. :smile:

If you can, try it with the original DS thumb stylus. It works really well for me.

I've been having a go at getting through some of the higher-level intensity gates today - managed to get gold wreaths on all up to chapter 12, as well as some higher than that (but not specifically gone for any higher today). Surprisingly, I haven't found anything too difficult so far, and I've picked up some great 300+ weapons, including a 336 pair of Pandora claws - my highest-rated weapon so far.

I've been having a go at getting through some of the higher-level intensity gates today - managed to get gold wreaths on all up to chapter 12, as well as some higher than that (but not specifically gone for any higher today). Surprisingly, I haven't found anything too difficult so far, and I've picked up some great 300+ weapons, including a 336 pair of Pandora claws - my highest-rated weapon so far.
Good stuff. At least you've got the 9.0 gate on chapter 7 out of the way then. icon14.gif

I was in really bad shape when I arrived there, and the electric floor almost finished me off when I was trying to pick up an item.

:grin:

Speaking of chapter 7, there's something I always want to try on that level, but keep on forgetting...

You know the trap part where you fall through the floor, just after the Mimicutie?

Well, I keep wondering if it's possible to use one of the jump/gliding powers to get across to the other side, meaning you wouldn't need to play through the section after you fall in order to get there. :blank:

I'm guessing it wouldn't work though, and you'd hit an invisible wall or something...

Anyone tried it before?

I tried it, unfortunately there's an invisible wall. I wish I had some strong Pandora Claws... they're like one of my favourite weapons but the ones I got only have 4.5 stars on melee and ranged.