NEurope
Guy

The Crisp Sandwich Diaries and other stories

Last summer, when I was practically dying of boredom, I took to adding those hot little sweet chilli's you can buy in jars to my sandwiches.

Dynamite. I was on to such a winner.

I don't have the forum balls to pick something to make, I'd prefer someone else to do it. I'm too biased against certain foods. Maybe The N-Europe Snack of the Week can wait until further suggestions are made? That could be best. This thread may die in a few days.

Just had my second cream cheese and Wotsit sandwich of the day. Thilling. A combination of thrilling and filling.

I made a Steak and Onion crisp sandwich today. It was so good I had to make another. In fact I was planning on making one crisp sandwich and one with real beef, but the crisp sarnie was so damn good I had to have two.

I think I might have beaten Cheese and Onion. TRY IT NOW. Walkers Steak and Onion + Medium/Thick White Bread + Butter/Marg/Spread = lunchgasm.

A crisp sandwich is, in my opinion, the only way to eat Steak and Onion walkers. They just don't satisfy as a crisp alone.

Dyson; peanut butter is the neutral party, there. My ex used to eat cheese, cucumber and apple sandwiches all the time

Last summer, when I was practically dying of boredom, I took to adding those hot little sweet chilli's you can buy in jars to my sandwiches.

Dynamite. I was on to such a winner.

... This is you being 'bold'?!

Thing is I've never heard anyone here eat something like that, so it must be a British kind of thing. Like beans on toast or something. =P

And nah, I doubt I'm missing something incredible. Like I said I don't like crisps and butter, so I highly doubt I would like them on bread.

You lie about not liking crisps. What about Doritos?! Chips, crisps, same bluddy thing. :heh:

Put them in a sandwich. Take away the butter if you don't want eet.

Then, you can thank us all later.

You lie about not liking crisps. What about Doritos?! Chips, crisps, same bluddy thing. :heh:

Put them in a sandwich. Take away the butter if you don't want eet.

Then, you can thank us all later.

Last time I ate Doritos was moooonths ago when you were here. I pretty much never eat crisps, only occasionally when you're here.

And no I'm not going to put it in between bread. Not interested at all.

I haven't had a crisp sarnie in agggeesss..might get my GF to bring some crisps home so I can have one tomorrow

I do enjoy a bit of Mayo and ham to go with my Crisp Sarnies though, ham just adds that bit of moistness to the sammich....I want one now damn you for making this thread *shakes fist* =p

Though might not be a good idea since I'm trying to lose some weight..carbs...not good, but I can't resist the temptation

And no I'm not going to put crisps in between bread. Not interested at all.

Immature ReZ joke evasion manoeuvre!

Talking of crisps, has anyone delved into the new Walkers range yet? I'm just trying the Dutch Edam Cheese, and its actually quite yummy.

Does the UK just loooooooove crisps or something? All of the flavours you guys are mentioning I've never even heard of. =P

And I just checked the UK Walker's site and they even have a page about sandwiches haha.

http://www.walkers.co.uk/sandwich.html

Does the UK just loooooooove crisps or something? All of the flavours you guys are mentioning I've never even heard of. =P

And I just checked the UK Walker's site and they even have a page about sandwiches haha.

http://www.walkers.co.uk/sandwich.html

it's a competition that was on, people submitted entries of new flavours. The winners got made, and the creator gets a percent of sales for however long the flavour runs.

Yeah it's their current advertising campaign. They even went to a real village called Sandwich and did some fun things.

it's a competition that was on, people submitted entries of new flavours. The winners got made, and the creator gets a percent of sales for however long the flavour runs.

Oooh that's pretty awesome.

They did something similar here but with chocolate haha. Sadly my flavours didn't get selected. =P

I had a ready salted and reggae reggae sandwich t'other day, was nice. However I made another one ready for the next day, but as expected it was horrible because the crisps had dried out and were not crunchy at all :[

I like to think walkers just throws a bunch of flavourings into a batch, then tastes it before deciding upon what flavour they'll claim it to be.

Does anyone remember those crisps that were somehow associated with Looney Tunes? I can't remember if the individual crisps had 'faces' on, but I know that the original Tazos were found in them, and that their consistency was a sort of Royster's/pringles processed one.

I loved those.

Brought on by a conversation in the HWYD thread...

3Yum

CINNAMON GRAHAM SANDWICH

Surprisingly not bad, a sweet treat though nothing truly sensational.

Shockingly, it tastes of cereal and bread. Probably wouldn't bother with again as the cereal is better off in milk.

Quite dry. Thought about dabbling with the mayonnaise or something else to get rid of the dryness. Didn't though as my belly's feeling a little iffy due to last night's drinking.

As a side, I love how the randomly generated short link is '3Yum'. Yum indeed!

Yes.

But my dislike is probably tampered by the fact I don't really like crisps and sandwiches are just a cost-efficient practicality for me.

Ive decided that as much as I like Cheshire cheese, its not the best for a crisp sandwich. Both are too crumbly so im sitting here at the moment trying my best just to keep it together.