Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Conduit 2

Zechs Merquise

Well however I play a game - whether that be by means of control pads, motes or mouses, the main thing for me is the game (as well as content/features). I'm happy with either motes or the pad, but yeah I prob 'prefer' the mote :bowdown:

However, if the software experience is lightyears awesomer on 'specific types' :laughing: of consoles then I'd settle for a not-too-awful control method. : peace:

Kav82, what's your gamertag? You wanna few games on CoD? :hug::idea:

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well however I play a game - whether that be by means of control pads, motes or mouses, the main thing for me is the game (as well as content/features). I'm happy with either motes or the pad, but yeah I prob 'prefer' the mote :bowdown:

However, if the software experience is lightyears awesomer on 'specific types' :laughing: of consoles then I'd settle for a not-too-awful control method. : peace:

Kav82, what's your gamertag? You wanna few games on CoD? :hug::idea:

That's the thing, CoD isn't actually light years ahead on the HD consoles, it's surprising just how close (except visually) the versions are!

I don't really game on my 360 anymore, in fact, the last time I played it was March 2010 (it's actually packed away inside it's box and my bro has my hard-drive) when I do play the 360 it's when I go to a friend's... but basically, since Monster Hunter Tri it's been the Wii that has warranted my full attention.

My Gamertag is DARK BIGNOSE though.

Edited by Kav

That's the thing, CoD isn't actually light years ahead on the HD consoles, it's surprising just how close (except visually) the versions are!

I don't really game on my 360 anymore, in fact, the last time I played it was March 2010 (it's actually packed away inside it's box and my bro has my hard-drive) when I do play the 360 it's when I go to a friend's... but basically, since Monster Hunter Tri it's been the Wii that has warranted my full attention.

My Gamertag is DARK BIGNOSE though.

:laughing: Nevermind, if you don't play on it anymore then there's unfortunately no need for the awesome tag :laughing:

Ooh that stings! Y'know, I think I may've even seen worse before :o:weep::nono::confused::bouncy:

Edited by Beverage
Automerged Doublepost

• 3 weeks later...

HVS are a pile of shite game developer, pretty much everyone but Beverage knows this (it's all in jest Beverage).

They've got to accept that they've made a poor game, again, not lash out at people for their opinions.

I'm confused, what is that article about?

The guy reviewing Conduit 2 for Jostiq trashed the game and some of the children over at High Voltage Software decided to retaliate by giving his novel a bunch of one-star ratings on Amazon.com. Very classy. :indeed:

The guy reviewing Conduit 2 for Jostiq trashed the game and some of the children over at High Voltage Software decided to retaliate by giving his novel a bunch of one-star ratings on Amazon.com. Very classy. :indeed:

Look, The Conduit was not great, I doubt Conduit 2 is either. But it's not 1 out of 5 bad. They're just repaying the favour! These reviewers think they can just rip into anything in a totally unjustifiable manner and there's not going to be comeback, well there is for him! Tough shit.

Look, The Conduit was not great, I doubt Conduit 2 is either. But it's not 1 out of 5 bad. They're just repaying the favour! These reviewers think they can just rip into anything in a totally unjustifiable manner and there's not going to be comeback, well there is for him! Tough shit.

So now reviewers should be afraid to give low ratings not only because the websites they work for may lose ad revenue/may not get any more review copies, but because game developers may go after them personally?

I haven't played Conduit 2, so I don't know if the Joystiq review is accurate or not (though reading it, I do think the reviewer justifies his rating), but sometimes games get bad reviews. Most people would just deal with it. They wouldn't encourage their employees to slam the reviewer's novel. It's really childish and unprofessional.

Just watched the ending of Conduit 2 on youtube....

President Lincoln & Washington????

OMFG!!!!!!

That scene went so fast, and with no theater mode available, I didn't notice that!

This series has loads of potential, L-O-A-D-S

Fused how the hizz did you miss that??? I was creaming in my pants at that stage, way more satisfying ending than the first! :o

Well, I excuuuuuuussseeee me princess for not being able to identify Abraham Lincoln in about 2 seconds.....

Let alone noticing George Washington in the background, for I must say Abraham had one of those faces I recognized, so I stuck with pondering about him.

but still, DAMN!!!!!!

All the presidents/important americans were all destroyers :D

POTENTIAL, POTENTIAL!!!!!

Thank god they're not done with story telling:grin:

All of a sudden I'm even more hyped for Conduit 3: Presidents sipping hot coco at a Café

:D :D :D :D :D

Edited by Fused King

So now reviewers should be afraid to give low ratings not only because the websites they work for may lose ad revenue/may not get any more review copies, but because game developers may go after them personally?

I haven't played Conduit 2, so I don't know if the Joystiq review is accurate or not (though reading it, I do think the reviewer justifies his rating), but sometimes games get bad reviews. Most people would just deal with it. They wouldn't encourage their employees to slam the reviewer's novel. It's really childish and unprofessional.

And what happens to reviewers who throw out shit scores because they have a beef with a certain developer or platform or are simply more interested in writing a shock review to get hits on their site? Reviewers should behave in a responsible manner. There has to be give and take both ways, this guy thinks it's funny to write an overly scathing review of Conduit 2 and now he's crying because someone is doing the same to his books, oh the irony!

And what happens to reviewers who throw out shit scores because they have a beef with a certain developer or platform or are simply more interested in writing a shock review to get hits on their site? Reviewers should behave in a responsible manner. There has to be give and take both ways, this guy thinks it's funny to write an overly scathing review of Conduit 2 and now he's crying because someone is doing the same to his books, oh the irony!

I never thought I'd live to see this day...:hehe:

He gave the game a low rating and explained why in the review. He found the gameplay repetitive, the story was terrible, the graphics were underwhelming, he didn't like the multiplayer... You could argue that, "oh, clearly he has a beef with the developer/the Wii/life in general", but those are just assumptions. Maybe he just really disliked the game? I occasionally review Tomb Raider levels for a website, and sometimes I play a level that is just so obviously bad that I have no choice but to write a scathing review of it, and then other people love the level. Last year, I reviewed thirty levels for a competition, and one of my least favorite levels ended up winning. So it's all very subjective.

And anyway, the review really isn't the point here. Maybe the review is extremely biased - maybe T. Michael Murdock is just a terrible reviewer overall! But does that really make what High Voltage Software did any better? It's like if I was hurling insults at you and you could either be the bigger man and walk away, or go get your friends and beat me up. Is that really all we should expect from game developers? Just because this reviewer acted unprofessionally (maybe), that doesn't excuse what High Voltage Software did.

Not to mention the fact that I'm sure the Conduit games have received high ratings from some reviewers just by virtue of being shooters on the Wii, and I'm betting no one had a problem with those reviews.

...Not to mention the fact that I'm sure the Conduit games have received high ratings from some reviewers just by virtue of being shooters on the Wii, and I'm betting no one had a problem with those reviews.

I do!

I hate everything HVS related, bunch of talentless, overhyping, promising but not delivering bastards! lol

I never thought I'd live to see this day...:hehe:

Haha, look the Conduit isn't a great game. It's passable, I still enjoyed it at times. I'm sure Conduit 2 would be much of the same! They're not bad, they're not great and they certainly aren't COD, Goldeneye or MoHH2.

My big beef with Conduit and Conduit 2 is when Wii shooter fans choose to play them over Black Ops, which is a better game and has an awesome community.

He gave the game a low rating and explained why in the review. He found the gameplay repetitive, the story was terrible, the graphics were underwhelming, he didn't like the multiplayer... You could argue that, "oh, clearly he has a beef with the developer/the Wii/life in general", but those are just assumptions. Maybe he just really disliked the game? I occasionally review Tomb Raider levels for a website, and sometimes I play a level that is just so obviously bad that I have no choice but to write a scathing review of it, and then other people love the level. Last year, I reviewed thirty levels for a competition, and one of my least favorite levels ended up winning. So it's all very subjective.

And anyway, the review really isn't the point here. Maybe the review is extremely biased - maybe T. Michael Murdock is just a terrible reviewer overall! But does that really make what High Voltage Software did any better? It's like if I was hurling insults at you and you could either be the bigger man and walk away, or go get your friends and beat me up. Is that really all we should expect from game developers? Just because this reviewer acted unprofessionally (maybe), that doesn't excuse what High Voltage Software did.

Not to mention the fact that I'm sure the Conduit games have received high ratings from some reviewers just by virtue of being shooters on the Wii, and I'm betting no one had a problem with those reviews.

Well both have acted stupidly. I believe he gave the game a stupidly low score, and they reacted to it in a childish manner. It's all good fun and games. But my point, and Kav you better agree as I know you're lurking, is some reviewers have massively bashed Wii shooters (and Wii games in general) basically because they have an agenda. I think that happens far more than developers hitting back!

I think this guy was being overly harsh, thought he was having a great laugh bashing someone's product to an overly harsh degree. It was all fun and games, until they did it to his little book. Then he started crying like a tit! Well if you can dish the medicene, prepare to be able to take it!

My big beef with Conduit and Conduit 2 is when Wii shooter fans choose to play them over Black Ops, which is a better game and has an awesome community.

I don't know about that, I've come across a lot of rage quitters.

Theres one in particular who pulls the plug on his Wii when his K/D is taking a hit... :nono:

I don't know about that, I've come across a lot of rage quitters.

Theres one in particular who pulls the plug on his Wii when his K/D is taking a hit... :nono:

Haha, brilliant post!

...and yeah Zechs, I agree, some reviewers just like to bash on the Wii without giving games a real constructive review.

• 1 year later...

A short interview with High Voltage Software:

Question: How is the company doing?

Answer: We’re doing great; thanks for asking! It’s been an ongoing process of transformation for us. We’re upgrading our software and hardware. More and more of us are moving to Windows 7 rigs with solid state drives, and our artists are enjoying newer versions of Autodesk and Adobe products. We’re putting a fresh coat of paint on things, literally, by repainting and re-carpeting the building’s interior.

Some of us are working summer vacations into our busy schedule of projects. And this Saturday, we’re taking part in the Midwest Game Developers Kickball Tournament in downtown Chicago. Go team Voltage!

Question: What’s the latest on current projects?

Answer: We have several projects very near completion, which we’ve been wrapping up and sending to our publishing partners for submission. Zone of the Enders: HD Collection has been a big one for us this year. I wasn’t involved personally with that one, but it’s been great to watch from afar. If you’re a fan of comedic point-and-click adventure games, you may be interested in Victorious: Taking the Lead. High Voltage has been developing the Wii version of this title, based on the Nickelodeon TV show starring Victoria Justice. Those who like a good shooting gallery can look out for Toy Story Mania, which High Voltage has been developing for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. In addition to traditional controllers, this game will also work with Kinect and Move, respectively.

Question: What about some original HVS games I’ve heard about, like The Grinder, Animales de la Muerte, and of course the Conduit series?

Answer: As usual, there are things we’re not ready to talk about. The games I just mentioned in the last answer, for instance, are public knowledge for those who know where to look. But you may be pleased to know our strategy moving forward calls for a greater proportion of original IP games.

I’m excited about the projects we’re working on now. I think they represent a new chapter for us: one that’s more forward-thinking than before.

Question: OMG I love Conduit so much!

Answer: That’s not a question, but thank you! And we haven’t forgotten about Conduit over here, either. I would expect some new Conduit-related news before the year is out.

FFFFUUUUUCCCCKKKKK YYYYEEEAAAHHH!!!!

Let's get stuck in with Lincoln and Washington :D

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!