Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

F1 2010 from Codemasters

gaggle64

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if dry lines start to develop and you can really feel a handling difference on and off it?... should do if they have weather changing mid race.

I know in Dirt 2 and I think Grid hitting puddles you certainly feel the change in handling. I'd expect something similar out of this.

Wonder if dry lines start to develop and you can really feel a handling difference on and off it?... should do if they have weather changing mid race.

Yes. Yes they do.

More than just a visual affect, the dynamic weather system in F1 2010 is an integral part of the game’s Active Track technology. This system means that the track is fully aware of how much grip, water, rubber, dust or marbles there is for every 30cm² of track surface, allowing players to see and take advantage of realistic drying lines during wet races as cars displace water from the racing line in real time.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I just watched this, looks brilliant. Not sure if the whole media side as explained in that video is going a little ott, but depends how it's done... will you select press conference answers from a list of posibilities, how often will the AI ask you same questions etc... will depend how fresh and engaging that side of it is.

Canada FTW!!

I'm really looking forward to see how it comes off, it's a really interesting attempt at making the season/career mode more then just a series of races. Wouldn't be surprised to see something like it start cropping up in other sports franchises.

• 2 weeks later...

In case you haven't already noticed Gamescom has been going in Germany where Codemasters having showing off a near-finished build of the game and there is handy-cam footage of it up the wazoo, the best of which is being posted in a single handy thread on the community forums.

Also, here's game play footage of the Korea GP circuit. That's THE KOREA GP CIRCUIT, real-life F1 fans.

Edited by gaggle64

Thanks!!

From that, Korea looks like a decidedly uninspiring circuit!... wasn't impressed!

And what's with all the cranes in the background... was that in reference to it still being a building site come the GP this year or something? As far as I know it's not built around another shipping yard (ala Valencia)... is it?... had better not be!

Game looks great though... dishing out penalties for causing collisions!

After having a go on the Renault simulator the other day, which has a very similar feel to this... I'd be very tempted to get a steering wheel and pedals setup!

Thanks!!

From that, Korea looks like a decidedly uninspiring circuit!... wasn't impressed!

And what's with all the cranes in the background... was that in reference to it still being a building site come the GP this year or something? As far as I know it's not built around another shipping yard (ala Valencia)... is it?... had better not be!

Game looks great though... dishing out penalties for causing collisions!

After having a go on the Renault simulator the other day, which has a very similar feel to this... I'd be very tempted to get a steering wheel and pedals setup!

You went to that Renault factory day?!?! Lucky sh*t.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!