NEurope
tapedeck

General Retro Discussion

Apologies if this has already been shared I didn't even know it existed! I'm a massive fan of the original NES game it was one of the first I owned. Sure it borrowed heavily off Ninja Gaiden but I think it's enough of its own game. I only recently completed as I could never do it as a kid. Now there's a remake which looks to introduce some modern elements and probably ease on the difficulty, maybe. Excited for this one!

Shadow of the Ninja Reborn

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ViPeR said:

Apologies if this has already been shared I didn't even know it existed! I'm a massive fan of the original NES game it was one of the first I owned. Sure it borrowed heavily off Ninja Gaiden but I think it's enough of its own game. I only recently completed as I could never do it as a kid. Now there's a remake which looks to introduce some modern elements and probably ease on the difficulty, maybe. Excited for this one!

Shadow of the Ninja Reborn

The original was one of my favourite NES games as a youngster. Much better than Ninja Gaiden.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The original was one of my favourite NES games as a youngster. Much better than Ninja Gaiden.

Was it 2 player? If so I think I've been trying to remember this game for years. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Was it 2 player? If so I think I've been trying to remember this game for years. 

Yup.

Yeah I think that was the last NES game ever bought for me as a kid. Temporarily swapped it with a friend (can't remember what for) then he moved away with it.

• Like 1

So a video with probably the most crisp footage of the Space World 2000 reel (at the end) went up yesterday? 

• Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Haha glad to be have been of service. It's on the NES expansion pass for Switch if you want to relive the mems

• Like 1

6 hours ago, martinist said:

7AHB49P.jpg

giphy.gif

Just waiting on the fat PS2...

Shame you can’t use the HDD on a slim PS2… Fat PS2s are booty.

Got to put this on some radars: Geeks-Line's PS2 tetralogy book set. 

Still haven't been able to track down a copy of their Playstation Anthology (have been checking in on it for months on eBay now, missed out a couple of weeks ago after being messed around by a seller :() so I've got to put my name down for this. 

4 hours ago, Julius said:

Got to put this on some radars: Geeks-Line's PS2 tetralogy book set. 

Yeah, I seen this pop up on Era over the weekend. Looks to be a lovely set. I've got some of their Nintendo books and they are great. 

Just watched this and loved it. Its certainly a visual style that I miss. :( 

I played through the Legend of Dragoon (fantastic game) for the first time last year and some of the environments were stunning.

Bloody hell! Low Poly is back!

Has been a long time since the last episode! Always appreciate a detailed look at proper artistry on display :D (save for the last one.. which I reckon is rather wasteful and poor looking by comparison to the rest of the Snake models)

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

My Analogue Pocket was delievered today but i wasn't in to pay import tax so they took it back >_>

£52.67 in improt tax to pay too....

Ah well, will be here tomorrow.

All the hubub about Xbox being about to pull a SEGA has got me feeling sentimental about the ol' Dreamcast once more...

I still stand by what I said in this thread earlier about SEGA's last console.  What a machine that machine was!  I'll never forget just how much of a gut punch the news of its discontinuation was; it was a console that really should've been a runaway success.  But much like the Xbox Series, it had to pay a dear price for the sins of its fathers...

Me thinks it's time to fire up the ol' dog over the coming week...

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

Picked this up from my local charity shop for 10p on Saturday.

Apart from the crack on the front of the case, it's in fantastic condition.

dG1Xk3j.jpeg

Also got these two off eBay last week, I was looking for World Driver and came across it with Ridge Racer 64 for £70 including P&P. Managed to get £5 knocked off which seemed a fair price for the condition of both.

TMQhXN5.jpeg

09WYai3.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/xOJMx4H.jpeg[/imgxOJMx4H.jpeg

Added bonus, he included box protectors for both for free.

I keep meaning to take some photos of my N64 collection as its grown significantly over the last 12 months but it means taking all the games off the shelf and they are alphabetised. I don't want to do it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Thanks for saving me a cool £350! Can't believe it's finally getting a re-release! :D

• Haha 1

The impossible has finally happened!

Just tried it myself and... it works! 3D and all!

Seems to run flawlessly from what I can see.  No issues with saving, the S3D "just works", it's everything that homebrew devs have been trying to do for the past 13 years to no success.

Crazy that it took this long to make it happen, and crazier still that Nintendo never re-released these games officially on the 3DS, but finally! I can finally play VB Wario Land without breaking my neck! :D

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

*points to 3DS thread*

Hey! 3DS is retro now, it counts :D