Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Anti-Police

Kirkatronics

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They dont have too much power just idiots dont implement it in the way it was supposed to be.

The anti terror laws are there for a good reason. But they should be used in the correct way.

This sort of thing is why people are highly sceptical of people in the Police force.

Why outside a shop? Why not at the park, why not in a house?

Quite clearly you are a naturally suspicious person then.

They could be in your house right now. Best go look for them.

Edited by ipaul
Automerged Doublepost

Christ... you people don't know you're born.

Try living in a country where the standard police response to anything is "I don't care, go and bother someone else".

Of course, if you're connected then the police are... well, your own private police force.

Christ... you people don't know you're born.

Try living in a country where the standard police response to anything is "I don't care, go and bother someone else".

Of course, if you're connected then the police are... well, your own private police force.

I know all about incompetent rural policing...

I've seen Hot Fuzz at least twice.

This sort of thing is why people are highly sceptical of people in the Police force.

Quite clearly you are a naturally suspicious person then.

They could be in your house right now. Best go look for them.

I suppose when you see a group of people in a bus stop or outside a shop it makes you think "Oh, i'll go say hello!", and not " I wonder why they're hanging around outside this shop?".

Well if he's driving with his handbrake on then he's certainly not in control of the vehicle.

Why must you feel the need to be a retard at all times.

He obviously wasn't driving with the handbrake on, he was stopped. I'm sorry I forgot to mention that, I just asumed the majority of people would have figured that out.

This is what i mean. How do we know that is the be all and end all of the story. Thats just one mans side, did they publish the officers.

Untill they do i won't make any judgement on it.

Its like the story where the man got fined for littering when he dropped a £10 note. It wasn't as straight forward as that. He dropped a lot of thing and refused to pick them up, one of the things he dropped was money.

Yes they did publish the officer and both fines were thrown out of court. The PF on one of the cases had called the handling of it by the police a joke.

Edited by Jon

I suppose when you see a group of people in a bus stop or outside a shop it makes you think "Oh, i'll go say hello!", and not " I wonder why they're hanging around outside this shop?".

No, it makes me think, 'Oh, these people must need a bus' or 'These people want to buy something'. Or that they're discussing something in said shop or whatever. I don't assume they're about to embark on a crime spree. As most people wouldn't.

Some are good, some are bad, been caught a few times wit smoke just chillin, doin no harm, they just let you off, and have a joke to be fair. But then theres been other times when iv done nothing wrong, and they talk down to you like your a piece of poop!

Either way, i dont really care :)

Thats without suspicion, but i would think it suspicious if i saw a group of young kids out after like 10, or near a shop for no obvious reason

Because thats what kids do, when i was a young'un i'd do the same, i was doin no harm, just chillin with your mates, its called 'going out' :)

Personally, I've noticed a correlation between people not liking the police and being petty criminals - maybe it's just the circles I move in, or the quality of policing where I live, but in my experience the police are highly professional and quick to respond when needed.

As Iun said, some of you don't know you're born - in comparison to the UK, most police forces are massively corrupt at best.

Personally, I've noticed a correlation between people not liking the police and being petty criminals - maybe it's just the circles I move in, or the quality of policing where I live, but in my experience the police are highly professional and quick to respond when needed.

As Iun said, some of you don't know you're born - in comparison to the UK, most police forces are massively corrupt at best.

While I always sort of think this and imagine it to be quite true, I don't think that means we should hesitate to criticise our own police when they have done wrong/stepped out of order - so to speak.

While I always sort of think this and imagine it to be quite true, I don't think that means we should hesitate to criticise our own police when they have done wrong/stepped out of order - so to speak.

No, not at all, the whole 'kettling' thing at the G20 protests was awful. I would say the best approach is criticise when criticism is due, not just for the sake of it.

I was watching a documentary about the police/ambulance/fire services the other day and the abuse they get in some areas, both physical and verbal, is horrific. Just abhorrent behaviour. I think most people have it in their heads that the Police are in some way out to get them, rather than protect them. As far as I can make out, that stems from...fear, paranoia, rebelling against authority, people sharing bad experiences more than good, views being passed down generations, the media being critical, and a lack of perspective.

I don't think the Police are perfect in any way, but I tend to look at the Home Office when I need someone to blame for it.

I don't break the law, they don't annoy me, simple as that :heh:

Police get a lot of shit over here in Australia. They protect us (Well....most of the time) against annoying people, but the moment they are able to put down a crazy/idiot of a person to the ground, we are told they are the bad people and should have thought it out more.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!