NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Black & White

Did anyone buy the Pokemon DSi console at all? Is the game that comes with it a standard copy or is it one of those bundle ones which doesn't have a barcode therefore can't be traded into shops etc? Just wondering as I'm thinking of getting this tomorrow but already have a copy of the game!

I don't know if anyone has heard this already, but the Global Link looks like it will be up on April 13th. This was announced in a story at pokemon.com, but has since been removed for some reason.

I don't know if anyone has heard this already, but the Global Link looks like it will be up on April 13th. This was announced in a story at pokemon.com, but has since been removed for some reason.

Because Japan got hit by another EQ which severed their external powerlines

Took down Iris and the Opelucid City Gym this morning with ease. Took my Cubchoo out of the daycare, evolved it to Beartic and then trained to level 40, and set off for the gym with my newly evolved Haxorus standing in reserve to mop up any mess.

Only needed my Beartic as I wiped Fraxure out easy, same with Druddigon and ding for lvl 45. Blizzard get :D OHKO'd her Haxorus and finished.

So onwards to the Elite 4. Well, after more training and editing of movesets. Should be a piece of cake.

Did anyone buy the Pokemon DSi console at all? Is the game that comes with it a standard copy or is it one of those bundle ones which doesn't have a barcode therefore can't be traded into shops etc? Just wondering as I'm thinking of getting this tomorrow but already have a copy of the game!

Hey, I have both of the consoles and both games from it and they both have barcodes. It is the seal around the games which have a sticker over the barcode to say about not re-selling.

But take that off and all is good.

Sorry for delay I didn't see this until coming home from work now !

Did you get?! :grin:

I love my black and white consoles they're really nice. :love:

There's some strange glitch in this game which I experienced twice and hope never to come across again.

When I had a double battle, my opponent managed to make both my Pokémon faint in the same turn; resulting in me being unable to switch two new Pokémon back in.

I could select one to switch in, but when I wanted to select a second Pokémon it said: 'Cannot switch out this Pokémon' or something along those lines.

Anyone had this problem?

I hope not because I had to reset the whole game, for there was no possible way to get out of that match without getting new Pokémon to fight with...

It's something I myself experienced, I just had to move a Pokemon to the first slot then do the switch out for the other Poke like normal.

Thats a bad ass magazine. Its my ritual to buy it when on holiday (in the UK)

Be sure to buy the next two issues ;)

Be sure to buy the next two issues ;)

ORRRLLLLYYYY.

Whyyyy....? I mean...I will on your word...but why? :p

ORRRLLLLYYYY.

Whyyyy....? I mean...I will on your word...but why? :p

I'm guessing they contain codes so people can download one of the starters from the Dreamworld with their Dreamworld Ability.

Edit maybe I was wrong Issue 115 details:

http://www.pokemon-world.co.uk/featured/issue-115/

Edited by Gentleben

Hey, I have both of the consoles and both games from it and they both have barcodes. It is the seal around the games which have a sticker over the barcode to say about not re-selling.

But take that off and all is good.

Sorry for delay I didn't see this until coming home from work now !

Did you get?! :grin:

I love my black and white consoles they're really nice. :love:

Thanks for the reply :) i'm getting it tomorrow, trading in my pink dsi for it. Can't wait!

Anyway, slightly more on topic, just completed the 4th gym last night (i'm so behind) and caught a Vanillite and a Deerling. Training up for gym no. 5 now :)

I totally gave in and bought it.

It's great. Hasn't grabbed me yet as I'm only on Route 2 but I know it will. Bring it on!

I'm guessing they contain codes so people can download one of the starters from the Dreamworld with their Dreamworld Ability.

Edit maybe I was wrong Issue 115 details:

http://www.pokemon-world.co.uk/featured/issue-115/

Talking the issue after that one. 116 & 117

And no it's nothing like that :P I'm saying it on a more selfish note

You're about a page late S.C.G.

And the definitive Review is finally here :wink:

Oh cool, I didn't realise that my review had been pimped out already, thanks Franklin! : peace:

I love this game but I really need to play it a bit more... I've got past the elite 4 and have found all the sages (nearly) but I've yet to have a rematch with the Elite 4 or even go to Black City, which I really should do. :o

Edited by S.C.G

I so far have put about 82 hours into White - beat Elite 4 twice, just need to do Cynthia (battle, I mean).

Have 5 Pokemon level 80:

Chandelure

Elektross

Ferroseed

Swanna

Gallade (just coz I needed a pyschic and only want Gothitelle from this gen)

I have loved every second of it.

Now i've started black and have put about 14 hours in and have 3 badges.

Team for black so far:

Foongus

Escavalier

Scraggy

Frillish

All level 35

I am adding a Vullaby and Gothitelle to this team to ensure I have a team of 6 before elite 4 and will spend more time training.

However, something doesn't feel right with this team? Not sure what it is.

I know my black team haven't evolved yet (apart from Escavalier) but I dont like the balance. And I spent aaaages thinking about this team including breeding on white for it, thinking about types, movesets etc.

Thought it was perfect but i'm not so sure.

:hmm:

Feels weird having no fire type.

I've not used my Ferroseed/Ferrothorn this game, but I realised when I was levelling it up to evolve that it's quite a cool type combo. Feels overlooked. (might be to do with it's fairly blah design)

ferroseed.jpg

ferrothorn.jpg

I've not used my Ferroseed/Ferrothorn this game, but I realised when I was levelling it up to evolve that it's quite a cool type combo. Feels overlooked. (might be to do with it's fairly blah design)

ferroseed.jpg

ferrothorn.jpg

This is the most amazing Pokemon introduced this gen in my opinion.

It is a brilliant type combo and is becoming one of my favourite ever Pokemon.

I love it. ReZ is partial to a slice of Ferrothorn too :grin:

Yeah, he is disgusting. Both his defence stats are...gigantic. Iron Barbs + Rocky Helmet. Power Whip. Power Whip is so fucking awesome. Its a one turn solar beam 85% of the time. Its just....so sick. He is sick. I PP upped that shit. Leech Seed. He fucking loves it.

Leech Seed + Iron Barbs + Rocky Helment = you don't even have to do shit to fuck up your opponent massively.

Surely any special attacking fire pokemon (e.g. Chandelure) would dick on him though...

Surely any special attacking fire pokemon (e.g. Chandelure) would dick on him though...

Right....but why on Earth would you leave him out to be dicked on by a Fire Pokemon?

You can say that any strong Pokemon is weak against X.