NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Black & White

Soo... I just recently started playing this game. Beat the first gym.

It's exactly like all the other games. Except now they just give you the pokemon you need to win. I was lied to.

Just thought I would have a rant and express my absolute hatred for the Battle Subway.

Still not got my Life Orb which I need 48 points for.

The whole battle mechanic just feels off to me. My Snorlax, and Druddigon got knocked out by a Pidove. A Pidove. W-T-absolute-F.

Almost given up on it totally coz i'm fed up of getting 3 points then doing another 6 battles only to lose on the seventh to a Caterpie or something.

Anyone actually like the Battle Subway?!

Anyone actually like the Battle Subway?!

Me!

The battle Subway Pokemon are EV trained so they will be stronger than the in game ones. They adapt to your team as well, if your starter is a fire type they'll throw out a water type out. Your team is obviously weak against Pidove :laughing: (how did it beat you anyway?). It is annoyingly haxy, I've seen things like quick claw activating multiple times in a row but if you manage to build a good team then it's good fun.

Me!

The battle Subway Pokemon are EV trained so they will be stronger than the in game ones. They adapt to your team as well, if your starter is a fire type they'll throw out a water type out. Your team is obviously weak against Pidove :laughing: (how did it beat you anyway?). It is annoyingly haxy, I've seen things like quick claw activating multiple times in a row but if you manage to build a good team then it's good fun.

Lol yes i am rather ashamed about the Pidove losses. Ahem.

I have to say now i've calmed down it was a brilliant strategy.

It used (is it taunt?) where your attack / special attack rises but you become confused. So my Snorlax hits itself in confusion, Pidove is faster so next turn flies in the air, Snorlax attacks himself again, Pidove finishes me off with a fly.

Druddigon comes out, the Pidove is faster than Druddigon, uses the same cheap move, flies, rinse repeat.

What was most frustrating is that my 'mon had the moves to take the little shite down (Snorlax had rock throw or whatever its called) and Druddigon had Thunder Fang but it was too quick.

That seems to be how to do it this gen - and I think someone mentioned it earlier.

Unless you have a speedy team that can get a strike first then you may struggle.

Its not too difficult in-game as you can be and mostly are higher levelled but with the Battle Subway you have to be very well trained indeed.

What's the best way to figure out a newborns IV's/hidden power?

I tried doing an IR battle but that levels them to 50 (why not 100?!) so it isn't totally accurate...

I've got upto stage (8?) on the Battle Subway. Did you guys say it starts getting tricky at about 14 ish?

I've got upto stage (8?) on the Battle Subway. Did you guys say it starts getting tricky at about 14 ish?

I have had a varied mix on the Subway.

I usually get past the first 7 then it all depends on the 3 Pokemon your opponent has.

I have done 21 once before and got the 10BP but then rode the 'Super' subway and that is just ridiculous.

What the bloody hell is that link about?!

Sometimes Pokemon really confuses me!! ::shrug:

What's the best way to figure out a newborns IV's/hidden power?

I tried doing an IR battle but that levels them to 50 (why not 100?!) so it isn't totally accurate...

There's a guy in the battle subway who evaluates your Pokemon, only really useful for confirming your Pokemon has a perfect IV though. Level 50 should be accurate enough though.

Here's a battle video of the Subway trying to hax me but ended up failing: 68-64119-21544.

Got destroyed by a Garchomp the next round :angry:

How do I watch that video?

Top floor of Pokemon Centre, talk to the girl on the right and choose battle video. Once there hit search then find by number or something and enter the number.

Which pokemon can learn fly in this game? I really want to switch out my unfezant for a fancier 'mon but none of my chosen replacements can learn fly (which i use a heck of a lot). Even druggidon can't learn it and he has wings! I just reached dragon spiral tower, so prob not found an area with decent flying types but if anyone can recommend a good one please let me know!

Which pokemon can learn fly in this game? I really want to switch out my unfezant for a fancier 'mon but none of my chosen replacements can learn fly (which i use a heck of a lot). Even druggidon can't learn it and he has wings! I just reached dragon spiral tower, so prob not found an area with decent flying types but if anyone can recommend a good one please let me know!

There are a few decent Pokemon this gen that can learn fly actually.

To my knowledge:

Unfezant Normal Flying - and its pre-evo's

Swoobat Psychic Flying - and its pre-evo

Sigilyph Psychic Flying

Archeops Rock Flying - its pre-evo (Archen) can't learn fly, strangely

Swanna Water Flying - and it's pre-evo

Golurk Ground Ghost wtf?! Lol.

Braviary Normal Flying - and its pre-evo

Mandibuzz Dark Flying - and its pre-evo

Hydreigon Dark Dragon

Volcarona Bug Fire

Biggest surprise is that Golurk learns fly and its ground and ghost - WTF?!

A good choice if you want an actual flying type Pokemon is Swanna as it is part water so can learn Surf too. It became my surf and fly bitch on White but was very very good with it.

I have just added a Mandibuzz to my black team and it is brilliant. It's defense is very good indeed and with the right moves is a good edition though most prefer Braviary - who is equally good.

Suppose it depends if you want a flying type on your team or would rather have a Pokemon that can learn it to free space for another 'mon.

But yeah there the ones I know and think that's all of em.

If you need any trading to you I have both black and white so can sort you out a Vullaby / Rufflet or any of the others if needed. :)

Edited by Aneres11
typo

Oh Serebii, Serebii, Serebii. That was on another site a month ago! You've let me down. For the first time ever you've let me down.

PS I saw Pokemon World today. Gonna buy it next week when (on mini holiday)

There are a few decent Pokemon this gen that can learn fly actually.

To my knowledge:

Unfezant Normal Flying - and its pre-evo's

Swoobat Psychic Flying - and its pre-evo

Sigilyph Psychic Flying

Archeops Rock Flying - its pre-evo (Archen) can't learn fly, strangely

Swanna Water Flying - and it's pre-evo

Golurk Ground Ghost wtf?! Lol.

Braviary Normal Flying - and its pre-evo

Mandibuzz Dark Flying - and its pre-evo

Hydreigon Dark Dragon

Volcarona Bug Fire

Biggest surprise is that Golurk learns fly and its ground and ghost - WTF?!

A good choice if you want an actual flying type Pokemon is Swanna as it is part water so can learn Surf too. It became my surf and fly bitch on White but was very very good with it.

I have just added a Mandibuzz to my black team and it is brilliant. It's defense is very good indeed and with the right moves is a good edition though most prefer Braviary - who is equally good.

Suppose it depends if you want a flying type on your team or would rather have a Pokemon that can learn it to free space for another 'mon.

But yeah there the ones I know and think that's all of em.

If you need any trading to you I have both black and white so can sort you out a Vullaby / Rufflet or any of the others if needed. :)

Cheers for the help! And thanks for the offer of Vullaby - any pokemon from black you need? I'll pm you my friend code.

I'm currently testing out Sigilyph and trying to evolve Golett. Sigilyph seems pretty handy, but I'm not a big fan of its design. I really wish Druggidon or Emolga could learn fly, they're cool looking and seem good fighters.

My current team is made up of:

Emboar

Serperior

Oshawottever its final evolution is called

Krookodile

Boldore's final evo

They're a pretty tight bunch and can handle just about anything I've come across so far (up to dragon spiral tower). I'm just holding auditions for the sixth space in my team. Emolga would get in on cuteness alone (and I love electric pokemon), but Drugiddon looks like a real bad-ass mo fo who would kill someone just for thinking about him. Got Sigilyph and Golett as mentioned before (Sigil also fills the psychic gap that I need). Then there's Venipede (I've never really used bug/poison much before but its final evo looks pretty cool) and some funny-headed, grey psychic fellow.

Just can't decide between them!

Cheers for the help! And thanks for the offer of Vullaby - any pokemon from black you need? I'll pm you my friend code.

I'm currently testing out Sigilyph and trying to evolve Golett. Sigilyph seems pretty handy, but I'm not a big fan of its design. I really wish Druggidon or Emolga could learn fly, they're cool looking and seem good fighters.

My current team is made up of:

Emboar

Serperior

Oshawottever its final evolution is called

Krookodile

Boldore's final evo

They're a pretty tight bunch and can handle just about anything I've come across so far (up to dragon spiral tower). I'm just holding auditions for the sixth space in my team.

Yeah it's a decent team. I have issues with the starter 'mon though, as I don't find them particularly strong.

If I were you i'd ditch Serperior as grass is a type I found isn't really needed this gen for Elite 4 purposes etc.

If you want a grass type you should look at Ferrothorn (win).

The good thing this gen is that most of the Pokemon can be effective. So it probably comes down to who you like the look of.

Here is my current black team - i've just beat the elite 4 and had no problem as my Pokemon were levelled high enough, but I put loads of thought into the types that I wanted and it works for me:

Mandibuzz - Dark / Flying

Galvantula - Electric / Bug

Volcorona - Fire / Bug

Musharna - Psychic

Seismitoad - Water / Ground

Haxorous - Dragon

With these 6 i've pretty much covered anything that will be thrown at me. I've also looked into the moves I teach my Pokemon so I wont be at a disadvantage. For instance, my Galvantula knows a grass move so if I come up against a rock type, I can at least deal some damage.

I've had sooo much fun this gen choosing the right team, testing them out, then scrapping 4 of them, going back to the drawing board, replacing them, testing etc.

I've stopped now though as I picked my 6 that work for me. Still wish I could have a 7th and throw Excadrill in there though ;)

Okay Updates.

Pokemon White - Beaten the elite 4 and

beaten N and N's dad. That final fight was fucking Epic, His Hydreigon is awesome

Pokemon Black - Started and beaten the first Gym, started with Oshawatt. I Have however bred some Pokemon on White, hatched the eggs, and sent them over to Black. my current Black team after the first gym consists of...

Oshawatt

Joltik

Ferroseed

Litwick

Rufflett

Deino

I don't think that's cheating.... is it?

Okay Updates.

Pokemon White - Beaten the elite 4 and

beaten N and N's dad. That final fight was fucking Epic, His Hydreigon is awesome

Pokemon Black - Started and beaten the first Gym, started with Oshawatt. I Have however bred some Pokemon on White, hatched the eggs, and sent them over to Black. my current Black team after the first gym consists of...

Oshawatt

Joltik

Ferroseed

Litwick

Rufflett

Deino

I don't think that's cheating.... is it?

I think that's what most people do. My second playthrough is gonna be using bred pokemon, not even limited to gen V. At the moment I've got a Weavile (bred with high Attack and Speed EV's) and am gonna have a Starmie in there too. I also (after many many many hours of trial and error) think I've managed to breed a litwick with HP Fighting, 69 power.

Also going to throw a Deino in there (even though I already have a dark type - can't resist a three headed dragon), haven't settled on my fifth and sixth 'mon yet.

am gonna have a Starmie in there too.

The best Pokemon ever created. :bowdown:

The best Pokemon ever created. :bowdown:

I've never used one before but after looking into water pokemon I realised that, on the whole, they're not that great. I love fast pokemon though and Starmie looks to have a fantastic movepool and the ability to recover so seems like a good choice!