NEurope
killer kirby

The Last Story (24th February)

Yeah. Which is why I expect it on the 3DS at some point.

Yeh.. I was expecting the same thing, though I wouldn't really mind what console it comes out for :grin:

I've been in the mood to play through Luigi's Mansion and Starfox Adventures again recently..

Yeh.. I was expecting the same thing, though I wouldn't really mind what console it comes out for :grin:

I've been in the mood to play through Luigi's Mansion and Starfox Adventures again recently..

That's freaky, so have I. I was on about it to my mate at work last week. Great minds....

There is a town walkthrough of Last Story with comments from Sakaguchi:

Not that I understand a single word. Still I understand enough to know that I'm going to be really pissed if Nintendo haven't a confirmation of the western release at E3.

Adriasang have a bit of an explanation for the videos.

With Xenoblade in summer and this in winter and Zelda somewhere in there too, any gaming needs on the Wii this year would be completely covered for me.

God damn if Japan doesn't buy this I literally lose faith in their gaming population completely.

Fuck Square's shovelware modern FF titles, Japan, show respect to the man who kicked it all off for you and has poured his passion into a game that may be his last!

The town looks ace. Kind of makes me think of something like what castle town in TP should have been in terms of overall feel.

Random comment though, it'd be nice if in more games the NPC's reacted when you sat and pointed weapons at them in public...like crossbows at point blank range...

Haha, that's awesome - a YouTube channel seemingly devoted to nothing but buying and then destroying Wii games. I wish I had enough money to spend on games that I was just going to cut up and throw in the trash/on a plate of food. :hehe:

So, they're buying Wii games and then destroying them? Surely the joke is on them, because they could have spent the money buying a game for another system? :heh:

A kick in the nuts for us Europeans, though. I'd like to cut his diiiisc into little pieces.

The thing that makes me laugh is even if they're buying it to cut it and try and annoy people, there's an extra +1 to it's sales figures... which is always good! lol

What a moron!

If the massive fingernails are an indication, its a girl. ;)

If the massive fingernails are an indication, its a girl. ;)
Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by Retro_Link

What an utter dick, I would love to see the guy in the video get sriously hurt in some form of accident! Anyone who can damage packaging that beautiful is clearly insane!

Gamer Impressions:

This game is not importer friendly, it is full of voice and it's not just meaningless chatter. I liken it to when I got burning rangers back in high school. I had no idea what to do and I was bored as shit. This was because I didn't know that they were giving me directions. The characters in Last Story are fairly constantly forming strategy on the fly and telling you to do things.

If you see videos of people running around like a chicken with their head cut off it means they are missing orders or they haven't gotten used to the combat yet. And it does take some getting used to!

So ok, some impressions.

I dunno if it's because the gooch has been in America too long or what, but you can really tell this is a JRPG made from someone on the outside looking in. Little things like, instead of the game starting out with cutscene after cutscene, it starts you off right in the middle of a dungeon. Imagine that! Letting the gamer play the damn game!

Other things like having the PC's talk to each other all the time during dungeons instead of burying them in optional skits (Hey Tales I'm lookin' at you) really help flesh out the characters and make playing the game more fun, not to mention it makes battles much more dynamic.

You can tell a lot of love was put in to this game. Every encounter was hand crafted and is unique. No random battles (so far) and no hearing the same 10 or so attack call-outs over and over. Every battle has a different strategy. Love it!

My favorite encounter so far had me and Quark sitting outside this room where a guy and his gang of thieves were hanging out. Quark says to me, "Elza you stay here, we'll go around and attack from the other side. Don't move till I give the sign" So I stay there and wait. Then, I hear Quark go "Ok get ready to attack in 3... 2... GO!" and I see him bust through the other side as I'm running in through my side, we sandwich the enemies and take em out. It was so cool. The whole dungeon (The raid on this thief's hangout) really felt more than just an RPG dungeon and more like we were really in there with a purpose. Something you just don't get in RPGs.

Anywho, it's late so forgive me if my impressions are all over the place. To me the game is really something special. Nintendo has to be localizing this. They HAVE to be.

Sounds amazing going by the gamer impressions of this game.

Edited by Dante

So after watching that video, hell yes I'm interested! I so hope that this makes it out over here!

Well I haven't sat here and watched the full hour of that thing (probably about 15 mins worth) but it certainly does look impressive.

That said, the camera looks awful for what it clearly a very action based game - it seems too close to your character and the only control option that stood out was a centering behind the player function.

That said, the camera looks awful for what it clearly a very action based game - it seems too close to your character and the only control option that stood out was a centering behind the player function.

I noticed that the other day when I watched the commentary videos too. Luckily though, it seems the world has been designed to overcome this, by way of making even "small" alley ways relatively wide and such.

Haha, this would be great for a pre-existing franchise, but for a new IP, this is wonderful! The developers must be stoked!

I noticed that the other day when I watched the commentary videos too. Luckily though, it seems the world has been designed to overcome this, by way of making even "small" alley ways relatively wide and such.

The general wandering around is less of an issue - it was during the combat that my concerns over it's suitability were raised. The guy was rolling but you can't actually see what he's rolling into until the camera is forced to snap to the back of him.

In a way, watching reminded me of the combat in No More Heroes, art style aside of course, and that could have done with a better camera too.