NEurope
killer kirby

The Last Story (24th February)

Wii-owning JRPG fans suffered a blow today after it emerged that The Last Story is unlikely to launch in the west.

Nintendo told VG247 it has "no plans at present" to bring Mistwalker's promising game to these shores.

The news is sure to disappoint JRPG fans. The Last Story, which is being helmed by former Square man Hironobu Sakaguchi, has garnered interest from the genre's enthusiasts in recent months after a series of Japan-focused trailers hit the internet.

No plans at present, hmmmmm. I still think that this will make it over here and that Nintendo doesn't want to announce a western release yet.

Sakaguchi keeps retweeting pleas to bring release it in the US. If Nintendo have already decided that a game won't release outside Japan, they usually impose some sort of blackout and stonewall any mentions of it. It really could go either way at this point. It's the sort of thing that could be announced tomorrow or will never be mentioned Nintendo ever again.

The game's not even out in Japan yet so of course Nintendo will give a "no plans at present". Doesn't mean that gamers have suffered a blow.

Don't understand why VG247 would jump on this tiny bit of information and suggest that the game is unlikely to get released in the West (well I do, it's just scaremongering to get gamers attention does my head in. Nothing says read me like a misguided headline). Given that pretty much all of MistWalker's previous titles have made it out and that Nintendo are publishing, it's more likely this'll make it over than Xenoblade.

If it's coming out, we probably won't hear anything until E3 anyway. It's the kind of game Nintendo will use as a big holiday title if they're bringing it over.

The petition is redundant. It'll get a world wide release regardless of how many people sign it as its primarily a Mistwalker title and all, if not most, of the high profile games from them have made it world wide. Add in Nintendo for publishing, and they're recent record of helping the likes of Square Enix, Capcom and Tecmo Koei in getting their titles to the US and Europe, and it's incredibly likely we'll see the game. E3, it'll be announced.

Hello, I’m the Founder of the petition, Michele Larini. I’d like to notice you the important events of these days. First We reach an important achievement, the 7000 signs, a great result in less than a week. And this has been possible only with your help, thank you^^ Second I report you that now, Mr Sakaguchi and the Mistwalker know the petition and our support to him, to the company and to the game. This is the proof of Sakaguchi sama on twitter and there is another from the mistwalker (Gianluca Gus I a man who still work with me for the petition) ny video games website report the news. Only for quoting some website, many of the most important website in Italy, Spain and German. And now gonintendo, vg247, some important blog like destructoid and many more. Now we want reach the achievement of publishing the petition on IGN and more important international website. Fourth we reach each place in the world: Germany, Spain, UK, France, Portugal, US, Greece, Russia and Arabian Countries, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, ecc… Then I ask you some more things to help us again: Sign the petition, if you didn’t do it first, publish again and everywhere you can the petition and contact to sign it everyone you know and try to contact website for the publication of the petition link. I remind that this is the link of the petition:

And I remind also the link where you can find all the place where the petition is published:

And, if you want spread this message.

If you want find the url search this message on google, n-europe don't permit to add an url if i have less than 15 message

Petition here.

I signed it a little bit ago when I seen someone Tweet the petition to Sakamoto. I still see this getting released despite the petition though. But i'm all for supporting.

Nintendo will bring it over if they think it's worth it. They have done games with lots of dialog with voices. It's nothing new too them. I think people need to just take a chill pill and wait for it to come out in Japan first before we go overboard and petitions and shit.

Nintendo will bring it over if they think it's worth it. They have done games with lots of dialog with voices. It's nothing new too them. I think people need to just take a chill pill and wait for it to come out in Japan first before we go overboard and petitions and shit.

Very true. At the same time there is no harm in signing the petition though.

Has the game been reviewed by anyone yet? For all we know we could be supporting a piece of junk! :D HIGHLY unlikely though, especially when I consider Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey as 2 of the best RPGs I have played this generation. I'm still annoyed that we didn't get ASH. :angry:

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Considering the number of petitions i've signed that got completely ignored by the government anyway, at least if this game gets released it'll "feel" like the petition helped ;)

Famitsu score has arrived.

The Last Story (Wii) – 10/10/9/9

I've been looking around to see what the reviewers had to say about the game but I haven't been able to track down anything yet.

Eurogamer interview with David Yarnton.

Nintendo has explained its decision to only release promising Wii Japanese role-playing game The Last Story in Japan.

"With all the conversions, when we do it in Europe we've got to do the whole of Europe," Nintendo UK boss David Yarnton told Eurogamer. "So it's multiple languages. It has to be viable.

"We've got so much on our plate at the moment. The most important one is in the first quarter this year. Kirby's Epic Yarn is the most important title. We've got some great product coming out.

"On top of that, when we add in 3DS, it's just so much."

Nintendo disappointed many European and North American Wii owners when it revealed it's decision to keep The Last Story Japan exclusive.

The Mistwalker-developed title has attracted a great deal of attention from Western gamers through the release of eye-catching trailers and translated information from Japan.

While Nintendo repeated it's "no plans to release The Last Story in Europe and the US" stance to Eurogamer, it did offer a glimmer of hope.

"We've released quite a lot of RPGs on the Wii in the UK," Yarnton said. "It's an area that's been growing for us. It's up to the market. We never write anything off."

Like what? The Wii has been starved for RPGs especially when you look at what the HD twins have been getting.

Unless Nintendo have some surprise announcements then the guy is talking rubbish when he says we have some great content coming out for the Wii.

We have Kirby, which lets be honest, should have been out here before Christmas and needed VERY little localisation. Next up is Mario Sports Mix which again needs very little localisation and has been getting average reviews. After that, whats next for us in terms of 1st party releases?

I still think this will be shown for us at E3, just stop filling us with all of this BS and just say "We have nothing to announce at this time ".

No excuse. Microsoft managed to put out Sakaguchi's Lost Oddyssey in both US and Europe only two months after the Japanese release.

I feel it's like this everytime Nintendo releases a handheld, the home console supports suffers.

It's like 2005 over again when all eyes were on DS. After RE4 early that year the Gamecube was almost forgotten by Nintendo and third parties. And like now we were waiting for a new Zelda...

Nintendo France says it coming out in Europe.

"Thank you for your interest in The Last Story. Unfortunately, the vocabulary used by this announcement was misconstrued by the British journalists: "No plans at the moment" does not mean that the output is canceled, just that it is not yet scheduled in the calendar. The adaptation of this game could be very long (12 000 dialogues, a record!) and our translation teams are overstretched in the short term."

So, pretty much what we all thought. The game has a good chance of coming out over here, but they aren't ready to announce it yet. I'm glad they cleared that up, what with the mess of a response David Yarnton gave the other day.

So, pretty much what we all thought. The game has a good chance of coming out over here, but they aren't ready to announce it yet. I'm glad they cleared that up, what with the mess of a response David Yarnton gave the other day.

Yeah this is where the internet sucks at times. People get way too annoyed when there is no news on an English release. Even before the game is out in Japan. Xenoblade I can understand, but I am pretty sure that will come out, when the time is right. Nintendo need to make sure they have casual flow of games now. They have learnt their lesson big time thanks to the long Wii drought.

2011: Kirby, Zelda. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I say add in Xenoblade and Last Story.

2011: Kirby, Zelda. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I say add in Xenoblade and Last Story.

The problem is that it doesn't work like that these days. It's no longer a case of such and such game is coming out next year, because Nintendo don't reveal games until quite late on now. Donkey Kong was shown at E3 and then released later that year. I think I prefer it this way, because...it's just quite exciting not knowing what to except. Plus the games don't get bogged down with the hype for too long. See Duke Nuken Forever. :heh:

So, Kirby and Zelda are definites (hope Zelda is). Aside from that, fuck knows what we'll be playing in 6 months time.

See Duke Nuken Forever. :heh:

I would LOVE a Duke Nukem Forever port for the Wii. :love: With it coming out in a few months, we could get a Wii annoucement at E3. *lives in a dream world*

The problem is that it doesn't work like that these days. It's no longer a case of such and such game is coming out next year, because Nintendo don't reveal games until quite late on now. Donkey Kong was shown at E3 and then released later that year. I think I prefer it this way, because...it's just quite exciting not knowing what to except. Plus the games don't get bogged down with the hype for too long. See Duke Nuken Forever. :heh:

So, Kirby and Zelda are definites (hope Zelda is). Aside from that, fuck knows what we'll be playing in 6 months time.

Oh don't get me wrong, you're exactly right in that we have no idea with Q3/Q4, and I do prefer it that way too. I like the whole "Here's a new game, see ya in a few months!", much better than waiting ages for new information and the mass hype train.

But for this year atleast so far, are things not a bit quiet compared to last? And I can't help but wonder what we'll later in the year, can't help but think what franchise could possibly be next. Can't help but think Pikmin.

Oh don't get me wrong, you're exactly right in that we have no idea with Q3/Q4, and I do prefer it that way too. I like the whole "Here's a new game, see ya in a few months!", much better than waiting ages for new information and the mass hype train.

But for this year atleast so far, are things not a bit quiet compared to last? And I can't help but wonder what we'll later in the year, can't help but think what franchise could possibly be next. Can't help but think Pikmin.

I don't expect to see any of them, but from a personal point of view we're yet to see several big-hitters that would definitely carry the Wii for another couple of years.. for me, anyway :heh:

I really want to see Wave Race, 1080 Snowboarding, F-Zero, Excitebike (a sequel to the N64 version, not the NES style WiiWare version), Starfox.. and why not a new Luigi's Mansion! The pointer would lend itself well to that :grin:

It'd also be nice to see Excitebots and Fatal Frame IV make it over aswell..

It'd also be nice to see Excitebots and Fatal Frame IV make it over aswell..

THIS!

As for Luigi's Mansion, I expect to see a sequel for that on the 3DS rather than the Wii.