Kirkatronics

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad daft.

Smoking should not be glamorised or encouraged, because it is bad, but you shouldn't treat smokers with contempt because they've chosen to commit a slow suicide.

Sheikah;

There is now some intriguing new data suggesting that very low doses of nicotine can have dramatic effects in controlling the symptoms of Tourette's syndrome, a rare neurologic disorder characterized by physical tics and uncontrollable vocalizations which are often filled with obscenities.

http://www.accessexcellence.org/WN/SUA03/medical_tobacco.php

(although that's really only to do with nicotine, and the other 3,999 chemicals you smoke can't really help, I'm just wanting to say that there are some nice elements to smoking, they're just totally and utterly outweighed by the negatives. Plus I have a suspicion that research is all made by tobacco companies)

But then they'll come after your booze for the same reasons, then what'll you say? I have had more problems with drunk people being annoying in public spaces (fighting in the street, vandalising walls, being abusive, etc) than with people smoking in similar situations.

If they need to ban drinking to make this country better that's fine by me, I very rarely drink anymore anyway : peace:

I always wanted Sly to scream at someone to make them explain how the three seashells work.

I want to know...

Hahahah. You do not know how many hours of my life I have wasted trying to figure that one out. I just don't get it. :(

As for the smoking ban, I had a friend who cried when the ban came into place. She actually cried. "I want to smokeeeee." Shut the fuck up, woman. I don't think I had much sympathy for her that day.

I know it has been mentioned a fair bit, but I bluddy loathe that "smoker smell." A bloke trotted up the steps in Cardiff Station and stood right next to me on the platform once, and I had to move a few feet away before I couldn't smell him anymore. I didn't even bother trying to disguise what I was doing, because I was tired, it was early in the morning, and he fucking stank. I've been around smokers for a while, since some of my good friends smoke, and my Dad smokes, whilst my brother also smokes occassionally. But, that bloke was by quite some distance the worst smelling one I have ever encountered. I was almost physically sick.

Add to that the fact that there is a Brains Beer factory behind the station...meaning that if you stand on certain platforms, you can actually smell the stuff coming from there. Bluddy horrible. :(

But then they'll come after your booze for the same reasons, then what'll you say? I have had more problems with drunk people being annoying in public spaces (fighting in the street, vandalising walls, being abusive, etc) than with people smoking in similar situations.

But then some people act anti-socially even when sober ....

Guess you took the bait then eh?

OH NO HE DIDN'T!

The smoking ban is overall quite good I think, but people treat smokers with such contempt that it annoys me. I don't even smoke. The busybodies who go 'OMG DON'T YOU KNOW HOW BAD THAT IS FOR YOU!!! YOUR SICK!!'. No. Murderers, Peadophiles and Republicans are sick, smokers are not.

OH NO HE DIDN'T!

The smoking ban is overall quite good I think, but people treat smokers with such contempt that it annoys me. I don't even smoke. The busybodies who go 'OMG DON'T YOU KNOW HOW BAD THAT IS FOR YOU!!! YOUR SICK!!'. No. Murderers, Peadophiles and Republicans are sick, smokers are not.

But what if they had just thrown up? Then that would be their sick.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!