2010 : What Are You Excited About?

I request different categories.

Life

Events

Friends/Relationships

Places

Entertainment

Etc.

Finding the girl of my dreams.... (In before Dannyboy!! but true nonetheless!)

I'd also like to do some travelling. And some volunteer work abroad.

Would also like to go and see a Space Shuttle launch in 2010 before they finish the programme.

World Cup 2010, F1 2010, WRC 2010,

Iron Man 2, E3 2010.

Alton Towers new ride.

Edited by Retro_Link

Movies

Kick Ass - I'd genuinely bet a lot of money that this movie is going to be one of my top ten favourite films of all time. I am that confident that its going to be jaw dropping. 10/10.

Iron Man 2 - Sequel to best traditional comic book movie of all time (Dark Knight is a masterpiece, but its not a real real traditional super hero comic) and its got an absolutely brilliant cast.

Comic Books

Invincible - The Viltrumite War - A story thats been 7 years/75 issues in the making is kicking off in 6 short months, its going to be the biggest story yet, in my favourite story of all time. To say I'm shitting myself is an underexageration (new word), closer to the truth would be "perched upon a mountain of my own faeces"*

The Astounding Wolf-Man Finale - It was announced earlier this year that one of my top three-ish favourite comic books was finishing. :( But its going to be a cracking story, and I'm excited to see where it goes next.

Post-Blackest Night Green Lantern - I can't wait to see where Green Lantern is going after this storyline. Its essentially in the middle of the finale segment of about 3+ years of story. I literally don't have a clue what will happen, and this mystery excites me.

Post-Dark Reign Marvel Universe - Pretty much identical to above, I'm hugely excited to see the great stories the MU has to tell in 2010.

Events/Places

Florida Theme Parks - I'll be discussing soon with my sister/girlfriend, but I've wanted to go to Florida for 20 years. This year I have absolutely VOWED to before I die tragically before the age of 30 (I'm convinced I'm going to die young)

Theme Fest : Mein Fuhrer - The first Theme Fest was an absolute roaring success, even if things went wrong, and I had one of the worst nights of my life, and the absolute terror that satan himself was currently residing inside my colon....the whole thing was amazing, and it was a pleasure to enjoy something I'm so passionate about with others who were so passionate, and so funny. TFMF will be better organised, and almost 53% more German sausage than the last one. Throw in a park I've never been to of world class standards, and again I find myself throning a brown one.*

New Job?

Well I'm getting made redundant, which means getting kicked out of a job I hate. I'm excited/nervous to see what comes next. Might buy a car with my redundancy money which I know sounds stupid (not a new one though, just £1000 - £1500) and paint it awesomely. Again. (But my outgoings are really low) but yeah new job could be interesting.

Or I'll be unemployed. :D

Life

I'm hoping to get a job somewhere (anywhere) untill June, quit the job, travel, holiday and basically have a kick arse summer. I then plan to start Uni (for the second time) in September and have an amazing time there :D

---------------------------------

Events

The main thing i'm looking forward to next year is the summer holiday :) And Uni.

Friends/Relationships

I'm pretty content with my friends and relationship, all's good.

Places

I'm considering the possibility of heading over to Australia for a month or two, staying with my auntie who recently moved over there. I'm on a (unintentional) gap year at the moment so I'm still weighing up what's best to do.

--------------------------------

Entertainment

I'd really like to join a band, be it at Uni or before.

Moving out with Girlfriend

Have started a savings account with her and currently both putting money aside to move out in the new year (jan/feb)

Download fest

Didnt go this year but defo going next year with mates and the mrs

proposing?

might.....might wait who knows

Prodigy/pendulum/entershikari/does this offend you yea?/chase and status and zane lowe

I LOVE prodigy and pendulum me and the girly are going to milton keynes in july to see them

Lostprophets in feb

seeing fav band in bristol

Year anniversary

so far thinking of weekend in alton towers but staying in themed room in the alton towers hotel. Depends on money closer to date as would be cool to do alton towers but would LOVE to go abroad to the US or something

Toy story 3

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :DD:D:D:D:DD:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

Theme Fest : Mein Fuhrer - The first Theme Fest was an absolute roaring success, even if things went wrong, and I had one of the worst nights of my life, and the absolute terror that satan himself was currently residing inside my colon....the whole thing was amazing, and it was a pleasure to enjoy something I'm so passionate about with others who were so passionate, and so funny. TFMF will be better organised, and almost 53% more German sausage than the last one. Throw in a park I've never been to of world class standards, and again I find myself throning a brown one.*

Where are you going? Are you allowed to tell me?

Next year I hope to finish my Master year and get my diplomaaaa! I'll cry so much if I don't get it heh.

I'll turn 25, a quarter of a century... -not- looking forward to that heh. But the new Disney film will be coming out then and I'm looking forward to that (though so far have no one to go see it with).

Other than that I can't really think of anything right now heh.

I'm hoping to move out, ASAP... that's pretty much the only thing I'm looking forward too at the moment!

Moving into my flat

In July, finally somewhere I like personally and I'll be able to have it as my own, even when living with one other person, he knows I want to decorate it and I'll kick him out if he doesn't comply lawl!

Going to download/sonisphere

This year I can finally go to both after getting my job and my birthday being a week before download. I'm going to both with different people, yays!

Having a holiday

I've not been on holiday for a long time and I'd like to go somewhere different, I'm sorely tempted to save and re-think going to japan, maybe head over to some parts of europe.

A new laptop

I've had a crappy laptop for a while now, through my own fault and finally I can afford to save and get a new one!

Reaching my third year of uni

I was incredibly doubtful after this year whether I'd continue uni, its been pretty tough, but hey I'm half way there now. So it'll be nice to get to my third and final year.

I'll turn 25, a quarter of a century... -not- looking forward to that heh.
It scared the hell out of me the other day when I suddenly realised in almost 5 years time I'm gonna be 30... :shakehead

Second star to the right here I come!!!

World Cup...whether England win it or not, it should be a great tournament and I hope South Africa do a good job holding it.

Get a job...while we're in a recession and everything, I'm pretty sure I'll get a job in the next 12 months. If not...I'll buy an iPhone and make myself feel better. :heh:

Getting back into educationings...applied for a Japanese for beginners course in a local college, as you may or may not know, but I'm still considering doing other subjects (like Media Studies) and various others. Still doing a think.

Some other stuff...dunno what, though.

Life

Try and get a pernament job instead of temping and/or see about going back to Uni/do a teacher training course.

Friends/Relationships

Get a girlfriend, not a fuck buddy off the Internet, and make more (any)friends. All my friends have moved away or are in relationships so the social calendar is non eventful :(

Entertainment

Toy Story 3!! I'll be the first in line, will probably watch it 3 or 4 times and will be collecting all the limited edition stuff. I'll basically be obsessed in June/July whenever we get it!

trying to jump up the career/get a permanent job..

landing a house/flat (god only knows how)

relationship - i'm not all that fussed on.

I'll amuse myself with "hot IT teacher" (he'll hate me for that flinkeh!) for a while, who needs a full on thing anyway?!

Maybe lose weight.

I'll be lucky if I carry out all of those so I won't get carried away :p

Where are you going? Are you allowed to tell me?

Next year I hope to finish my Master year and get my diplomaaaa! I'll cry so much if I don't get it heh.

I'll turn 25, a quarter of a century... -not- looking forward to that heh. But the new Disney film will be coming out then and I'm looking forward to that (though so far have no one to go see it with).

Other than that I can't really think of anything right now heh.

A) Europa Park! *Drool*

B) Even if you don't get a diploma (of course you will..!!!!!) but even if you don't, you have enough talent to fly you to the moon.

C) Princess and the Frog? Aint it cool just saw it and (paraphrasing) they said it was awesome/classic.

Friends/Relationships

Get a girlfriend, not a fuck buddy off the Internet

I made my intentions clear from the start, if you didn't like the arrangement you shouldn't have gotten involved.

Life/events

The main event of 2010 will be finishing the gymnasium and getting the hat! :D After that I'm gonna have a sabbatical year before starting uni.

Friends/relationships

I'm not that fussed about a girlfriend at the moment (well, I am, but my obsession has gone a little into regression for the time being :heh:), but I am very nervous about losing contact with my friends from the gymnasium, so I'm definitely making sure I stay in contact with them.

Plans

Well, in my sabbatical year I've toyed with all sorts of plans, but I'm probably lucky if a third of them will ever come to fruition. One thing I'm pretty sure about is that I want to get my driver's license. Other than that I think I'll keep my Greek and Latin in some sort of condition by reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone in the classical languages. Maybe begin practicing karate again, and definitely spend a lot of time with my friends who'll also be taking a sabbatical year.

So yeah, not totally eventful, but rather different from the previous two years.

A) Europa Park! *Drool*

B) Even if you don't get a diploma (of course you will..!!!!!) but even if you don't, you have enough talent to fly you to the moon.

C) Princess and the Frog? Aint it cool just saw it and (paraphrasing) they said it was awesome/classic.

A) Oooh looks cool!

B) Haha thanks, but I'd really prefer to get my diploma. If I don't, I can't even finish my teacher training heh (which I still haven't figured out whether to continue it or not).

C) Yep, Princess and the Frog! First 2D film since 2004, so I'm looking forward to it. =D

Well my big thing is start my new job on 4th January! Will finally me a full blown Teacher at Henshaws College for the Visually Impaired. Has taken two years of craft working my way over from the residential care home side of things to getting an educational support role and then getting my qualifications up to scratch but finally am there! Gonna be cracking day when I take my first session! Can't wait...

After 2 failed relationships this year one ending after 3/4 years and the other lasting about 2 months, you'd think I'd be sick of it, but desperate to find someone new, my missus right and crack on, mostly so I can move out as sick of living with parents. Finally after my experiences in Africa this year defintely want more travelling and saving up money to try and go to another far away land!

Life

Well I'm doing a foundation year right now, and recently realised a lot of the work I've done so far hasn't come together/worked at all, which made me really depressed, and made me feel like I wasted a term. I have to apply with a portfolio that my tutors aren't confident in and so I have a horrible feeling I won't get into art college. There's a lot better people than me. I can't find any of my skethcbooks from school this year, I think my old teacher has them, despite teling me he doesn't. I'm just...yeah. Not confident. I can't bear the thought of having to do another course like this to even get into fucking FIRST YEAR (which I'm already doing anyway, just privately). I suppose if I did fail to get in anywhere, I could just focus on doing pure film, and then go into second year, which would make sense. But then I'd miss halls/getting to know people and stuff. Ugh.

Other issues like how I think I'm going to die all the time, how I'm full of self-loathing (in a really undramatic, non-suicidial/emo way). My new year's resolution is going to be to get a life. And like...be who I want to be? Lose weight, get a life art-wise, deal with shite I hate. Life's too short for crap to remain smothered over the floor.

Events

...Can't think of anything?

Friends/Relationships

I've got a lot of really good friends I love on my course, seems I'm lucky? I'm gonna keep on with them obviously. And lots of peeps from school I'm in contact with frequently.

Would be nice to get some sort of actual relationship, but realistically. I have to get a life first.

Places

I'll be moving if I get into Aberdeen, Dundee or Kingston. Hopefully. I want to move away.

Entertainment

Various albums and films coming out. Will see a lot more people live of course, but none actualy planned atm. Might try and learn an instrument.

Life

Already 5 months ago, my life has been far greater then it has ever been, I am so motivated in life and always wanting to do something that every day is never a boring day :D

But next year I hope I become even more fit then I am now, so far within the 4 months I have lost 15kg and I am really working hard on my torso at this moment so yeah, next year I hope I do get better :D

I am also going to plan to do a university course not next year but the year after, but I'll be really looking into it though next year.

Events

Nothing comes to mind, but I have not thought much into the events that are going on

Friends/Relationships

I have many great friends already but I do hope that I continue meeting new and interesting people in this small town of mine that I live in(It's crazy the people who I have met :heh: )

Places

I hope to go over to some parts of Asia next year, now that I have 2 jobs, I am getting quite a good income so now I am spending money using one jobs pay and saving up with the other :)...now it's all about keeping those 2 jobs :heh:

Entertainment

Dragon Quest IX

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey

Monster Hunter 3

The rest of anything else is far back in my want list when compared to these 3 :D

Bring on next year!!! xD

DEXTER SEASON FIVE!

Oh and while we're on television. Chuck season 3, Big Love season 4 and I guess HIMYM 6 and 30 Rock 5 but they're a while off (then again, so is Dexter).

In general lifey stuff. More the latter part of the year. I am going to move to London (yeah said it last year but...). It just feels more like it will happen this year (next year, whatever. Semantics.) And it shall be celebrated with wheat and dairy free cake and champagne!

Oh and Chair reminds me. I intend to travel next summer. Still not sure where (probably Italy at least) or in what capacity (holiday, working etc). Will see.

And hopefully I'll go a year without doing my usual routine of "Hmm. Relationship may not be so bad..." approaches one "RETREAT RETREAT!"

Edited by Ashley

Life

I'm really excited for Hilary and Trinity terms at uni. I love just generally being free to do what I want.

I might decide to do a internship somewhere in the summer. Or go travelling again.

Events

Excited for the Queer History Month in February (which I have to plan stuff for, since now I'm the Treasurer of the LGBT Council of OUSU (Oxford University Student Union))

Friends/Relationships

I feel I have too many friends. I stretch myself far too thinly. I can't allocate time to see/speak to them all. I have school friends I want to see but haven't seen for like 5 months. I have old work-friends I really want to meet up with, but for whatever reason haven't. I have uni friends that I promise I'll meet with, but haven't. That doesn't really answer your question though...

Relationship-wise, I really want to get to know this guy called Luke better. He's quite hot, nothing special (he does have ridiculously clear skin though - it looks like he never had had and never will have a spot on his face), but the 3 times I've been in his company I've felt really drawn to him. As though everything he said was more interesting that what everyone else had to say. He's gay, a good friend of one of my friends, so a date looks promising.

But yeah, in general, I want to find a boyfriend which wants more than just sex.

Places

Excited to go to London more, and to just generally be in Oxford.

Entertainment

Bjork and PJ Harvey's new work, and Love Lies Here by David Byrne.