Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Confessions and Advice Thread

Beast

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not get your current bf to stay over the night that your ex is coming up so there's no chance of anything happening*?

*Apart from a threesome

Ideally I would, but he's travelling around with work at the moment, so it's not feasible. I think the fact he doesn't see me so much at the moment is playing on his mind already, so him knowing this obviously wouldn't help.

That's actually a good idea. (apart from the threesome bit)

When Razz mentioned it in his original post, I thought that he and his boyfriend would be in the same house, living together. But, I got that bit wrong, I think.

Yeah, if he does stay around, invite the boyfriend around, too! Definitely no chance of the guy trying it on then.

Alas, I'm in halls still

I don't even know why allowing the ex-bf to stay has even been considered to be honest. Regardless of how things stand now it's just not something you should be doing if you have a new bf - especially if they don't know each other. Just make him stay with one of your other friends..

You're right' date=' and I've made other arrangements for him now.

If he's still regarded as 'ex-bf' and not 'my mate so-and-so' then clearly the pair of you haven't moved on and created a proper friendship since, so yeah, do what you've said you're going to do anyway...

True but history's history. If I did just say it was a friend, and then he found out we'd had something at some point, I'm sure he'd have liked to have known that from the get go.

Point remains anyway, all sorted now! I love the discussion though, very interesting.

Pancake - that's a pretty mental reaction' date=' sounds like you're better off without him.[/quote']

Well, i DID lie aswell. As soon as i mentioned this guy he immediately asked "you didn't do anything stupid like give him your number did you?". I was taken aback by the question so soon, and just said no, without thinking. Later on i thought "shit, i hate lying", so i just came out and told him and he went mental.

Should have kept my gob shut, in hindsight. Honesty is NOT always the best policy.

Bad times if the boyfriend found out though.

Lying makes it alllllllllllll worse.

People don't want the truth, they want the lie!

Seriously, lying is fine.

And if she was caught out he'd be miserable for a few days and it'd blow over.

• 2 months later...

I do actually have a confession to make: I have never seen The Sixth Sense and what's more, I do not know how it ends, lmao. My friend told me that he had just saw the movie and I'm like "You know, I haven't seen it" and he was like "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" and was like this for fifteen minutes. Anyway, I told another friend and he basically reacted the same way so I feel kind of bad, lmao. I've always meant to see it and I know about the famous line "I see dead people" but I've never actually gotten round to watching it.

It's nothing special.

I watched a trailer to it and thought the same thing, it doesn't really look amazing but I'll still watch it tonight and make my opinion of it...

It's predictable, too.

Ugh, not one of THOSE movies...by the sound of everyone I knew, they were going on like it was amazing. All I know is that people love how it ends.

To you perhaps, but its widely regarded in pop culture as one of the biggest twists evaaarrrr.

I knew the ending pre-watching so couldn't comment.

After all these years, I still don't know. Anyways, I'm DEFINITELY going to watch it tonight!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!