Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

[SPOILERS!!] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Dante

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I wonder if "video sequences" there is simply a mistranslation of visuals or something. Nintendo never fucking ever starts with storyline cutscenes, it's always about creating a core concept and building upon that with ideas and then fleshing the story around it.

I think Miyamoto means more like they were actually designing the game's structure without even a visual engine in play, which makes sense as I remember Aonuma saying less than a year ago that they "hadn't decided" on visual style for the game.

I reckon we'll see a first-person Zelda game, co-developed by Retro Studios (seeing as Nintendo want to better Monster Hunter's graphics). Miyamoto said years ago that he was interested in trying out a change in perspective.

Whatever the change is Nintendo will get some complaints from the fans, they always do. It's a consequence of having such a wide fan-base - they could never satisfy everyone because everyone has a different opinion on what they want from the series.

this is going to be one epic zelda title..

Seems a littled rushed and last minute for an epic zelda title. Ok they've been working on it for years, but it's quite likely the release window will be about 5 months after the very first teaser trailer.

Whatever the change is Nintendo will get some complaints from the fans, they always do. It's a consequence of having such a wide fan-base - they could never satisfy everyone because everyone has a different opinion on what they want from the series.

True because alots of moaned about the changes that Zelda WW made as the fans were wanting another Oot type game design than having changes to the series, so TP came out but the fans find reason to dislike the game because it was like Oot.

Seems a littled rushed and last minute for an epic zelda title. Ok they've been working on it for years, but it's quite likely the release window will be about 5 months after the very first teaser trailer.

This is indeed something that annoyed me about NSMBW last year, but at least it will make the waiting less painful... :blank:

What does that have to do with the game's epicness?

It's funny, because the new Zelda could use a Welsh Cake as a throwing weapon, similar to Ninja Stars, with Link having to rescue Princess Zelda from a Slayer gig, yet we'd all buy it anyway. :heh:

Whatever they're toying with, Nintendo have proved that they can fiddle with things and get results. There are always exceptions to the rules, of course. But, it'll be good whatever happens.

Changing the setting does not equate to: "expect big surprises".

What does that have to do with the game's epicness?

mcj_metroid suggested that this is going to be an epic Zelda, ie (I assume) big, lots of depth, and one of the franchise's biggest instalments.

I am saying that given there has been zero hype, and the release date will be only a few months after the very first footage is getting shown... I wonder just how big and epic this Zelda game will be. Everything seems to suggest a smaller, rushed game (similar to NSMBW).

We'll see..... I hope I'm wrong.

That's subjective. When you change even the slightest thing of a major franchise, the massive fanbase react to it. So yeah, I'd say changing the setting would be a big thing.

How on earth have you calculated that this is likely to be rushed again? Are companies not allowed to keep secret what they're making until they're happy to show it?

Hype doesn't make a good game.

mcj_metroid suggested that this is going to be an epic Zelda, ie (I assume) big, lots of depth, and one of the franchise's biggest instalments.

I am saying that given there has been zero hype, and the release date will be only a few months after the very first footage is getting shown... I wonder just how big and epic this Zelda game will be.

Nintendo learnt from their mistake of showing off Zelda TP so early and making everyone pee their pants in excitement. Only for them to realize that it wasn't a game they thought they were getting (I seriously expect almost everyone had different thoughts what Zelda TP was going to be like before release)

And also, last time I checked, Zelda MM didn't get a lot of hype...well where I lived anyway, it got mentioned but it was announced and it just...came out.

And look at how much positive feedback Zelda: MM got

Just because they don't announce it 3 years ago does not mean they haven't been hard at work on the game.

Fair enough killer kirby

That's subjective. When you change even the slightest thing of a major franchise, the massive fanbase react to it. So yeah, I'd say changing the setting would be a big thing.

By all means expect big changes to the franchise to mean things like a differnet setting, a differnt camera angle or whatever. It's much more likely the surprise(s) are going to be far far bigger. IMO at least.

Like what?

Dunno, but they wouldn't be talking about TP being "the last Zelda of it's kind" or "big surprises" or keep going on about how this will be a different Zelda if the change was something as small as a different setting. The change is going to be big.

Ronnie, why are you always so negative about everything? Just wait and see how it turns out; we don't know anything to judge it on yet.

Not a negative person at all, quite the opposite actually. Just a little excited but worried at the same time about this new Zelda. Of course we'll all wait and see, hopefully it'll be amazing and inject some life into the franchise.

Anyone else think that this Zelda may have the Windwaker art style?

I know Miyamoto showed the traditional styled image at last years E3 but we all remember the first time the GC Zelda was hinted at...

I know Nintendo have started using the WW style on the DS but it seems like an excellent fit on the Wii in relation to drawing both old and new gamers in. It would also work well in relation to having a new control setup as it could easily be seen as a less "traditional" Zelda from its visual style alone. Wii already houses a traditional styled Zelda game too.

I for one would love Nintendo to revisit the WW style on a home console. Thoughts?

Also: in relation to the Super Guide maybe an item would work well for this, an item that possesses Link and completes the section you are on. Just a thought...

Edited by tapedeck

Anyone else think that this Zelda may have the Windwaker art style?

I know Miyamoto showed the traditional styled image at last years E3 but we all remember the first time the GC Zelda was hinted at...

I know Nintendo have started using the WW style on the DS but it seems like an excellent fit on the Wii in relation to drawing both old and new gamers in. It would also work well in relation to having a new control setup as it could easily be seen as a less "traditional" Zelda from its visual style alone. Wii already houses a traditional styled Zelda game too.

I for one would love Nintendo to revisit the WW style on a home console. Thoughts?

Also: in relation to the Super Guide maybe an item would work well for this, an item that possesses Link and completes the section you are on. Just a thought...

I personally hope we won't se cell shading in this game.

I'm a bit uncertain about Miyamoto saying that he wants to simplify the controls as well.

My personal thought is that Nintendo's ambitions have dropped since Ocarina of Time. Until then, every game in the Zelda series had been dubbed the best game in the world upon release (bar the stupid CDi games). I don't recall that happening even ONCE since then. Wind Waker had controversial graphics, which I don't think is suitable for Nintendo's epic premium title, the difficulty was reduced, the game world had shrunk (and wasn't that memorable to be honest) and so on. Twilight Princess carried over all flaws, except they made a bigger world (still not memorable though) and less controversial graphics.

Then Nintendo pumped out crossbow training. I can't really say anything about the portable games, but I've heard that Spirit Tracks wasn't all that great.

Nintendo are virtually swimming in cash, so this should be the best game in the world. The game should press the Wii to it's limits when it comes to use of the Wiimote, and when it comes to graphics. It should be innovative, while still retaining that Zelda feeling. And while it should be user friendly, it's certainly not supposed to be "casual". In other words, it needs to kick all other game developers on the planet in the nuts.

How on earth have you calculated that this is likely to be rushed again? Are companies not allowed to keep secret what they're making until they're happy to show it?

Hype doesn't make a good game.

again I would be wrong but for this generation when nintendo make one of their top series.... they do it very well.

Super mario galaxy is one of the top mario games for a while.

They have been been working on this for a long time I don't think it will be screwed up.

I personally hope we won't se cell shading in this game.

I'm a bit uncertain about Miyamoto saying that he wants to simplify the controls as well.

My personal thought is that Nintendo's ambitions have dropped since Ocarina of Time. Until then, every game in the Zelda series had been dubbed the best game in the world upon release (bar the stupid CDi games). I don't recall that happening even ONCE since then. Wind Waker had controversial graphics, which I don't think is suitable for Nintendo's epic premium title, the difficulty was reduced, the game world had shrunk (and wasn't that memorable to be honest) and so on. Twilight Princess carried over all flaws, except they made a bigger world (still not memorable though) and less controversial graphics.

Then Nintendo pumped out crossbow training. I can't really say anything about the portable games, but I've heard that Spirit Tracks wasn't all that great.

Nintendo are virtually swimming in cash, so this should be the best game in the world. The game should press the Wii to it's limits when it comes to use of the Wiimote, and when it comes to graphics. It should be innovative, while still retaining that Zelda feeling. And while it should be user friendly, it's certainly not supposed to be "casual". In other words, it needs to kick all other game developers on the planet in the nuts.

The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker is my favourite Zelda game. In fact, I'm willing to go as far by saying that every Zelda game post-OOT were more to my liking than the ones preceding OOT.

and of course Chancellor Cole told you Spirit Tracks are bad, .....duh......they are the chains that hold his evil master, Malladus, back.:o

Let the discussion about which Zelda game is the best emerge once more:p

Edited by Fused King

I don't see how anyone can argue against [insert Zelda game here] being the best in the series, I mean, [insert Zelda game here] was the real deal. Incidentally I enjoyed it because of [reason and context] and thought it was better than the rest because of this. [insert Zelda game here] stood apart from the crowd at the time when it was released and has aged brilliantly, still standing as one of the best gaming experiences on any games console. At the time it was released it [insert Zelda game here] was gaming gold, and Nintendo once again reminded us with [insert Zelda game here] why they are the best games company in the world.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!