NEurope
Dante

[SPOILERS!!] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Hahahah.

No, seriously, we need Mopeds.

080716235339.jpg

Orrrrr, even, Mountain Cycling!

bike-jump.jpg

Throw in some ExciteTruckBot style tricks, and it'll sell millions. Milllions.

and it'll sell millions. Milllions.

For some reason, that reminded me of George 'Not Beatles Man' Harrison's finest E3 moment.

"Millions less. MILLIONS less."

For some reason, that reminded me of George 'Not Beatles Man' Harrison's finest E3 moment.

"Millions less. MILLIONS less."

Hahahaha, that was EXACTLY what I was going for. I was sure Tellyn would have been the only person to have got that. I think we were in an MSN convo at the time when that happened. It was either him or Stocka.

I cant wait untill E3 2010 how long is it know?

E3 Expo: June 15-17 2010

Wii Motion Plus Exclusive Zelda Playable At E3

The game will be Motion+ exclusive. Not improved by M+, but exclusive to it. Aonuma said that "After actually making it compatible, it just feels so natural. Link's sword and the controller that you're holding become one.".

This not only grants extremely precise sword mechanics (for which Wii gamers were wishing ever since M+ was released announced), but also promises gameplay changes thanks to the ability to swing your sword freely - Aonuma tells of puzzles whose solution may actually be the way you fight enemies. I say... there are bound to be more innovations than just that.

Moving on to "smaller" news, Aonuma talks of hopes to have the game ready for this years' biggest gaming event - E3. He hopes to have the game in a playable state with all core elements in place, and notes that he presses the team to have the game ready for the eager players ASAP. This doesn't mean that development is forced, though... it seems very much wanted and fluid, as Aonuma it's going well - "We've progressed in development since last year," "At present, the core areas have come into clear view."

Source http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=6862

Gamingmedia interviews Miyamoto about Zelda Wii.

The following comes from a German video interview with Shigeru Miyamoto.

We’ve posted a rough translation of what was discussed below.

Miyamoto on the art shown at last year’s E3…

“This image plays an important role in the plot. At E3 you will see what I mean. But honestly said you will only remember the games, such as makes the joke much. So you wait until you play it yourself.”

Miyamoto on how many changes there will be in the game…

“For us, two things are important: to meet expectations and to surprise people. How we do it this time, I will not reveal. Normally, we create the video sequences, and these sequences are expanded. But this time we started with the game structure. And then with the video sequences. So this time it was reversed. Therefore, we have had little so far from the game to show. But will publish a lot close to the game’s completion. For us, it is important to the to optimize gameplay and make the controls easier. We do our best to make the controls player friendly, since ‘Zelda’ has become complicated.”

Edited by Dante

It really is amazing how the above tells us absolutely sweet fuck all. Miyamoto is the master of this. Personally I'm getting a tad fed up of the same "news" stories on Zelda that reveals nothing of any interest whatsoever.

I have a seriously bad feeling it's going to be completely different and drastically change the formula. They better not fuck Legend of Zelda up.

If its still just as good, I'm Ok with drastically different. There are certain elements that always have to been in a Zelda game, but there's a lot that could change, but still keep the game similar enough that it feels like a Zelda game.

I don't think its wise to say how bad/great the new Zelda will be, because at the moment any comment will be at best opinion and at worst propaganda. Let's wait until E3.

You know...at this point in the industry, where everyone just wants to cash in on sequels that are really boil down to being new map packs. I'd love if Nintendo changed absolutely everything about Zelda, just as a big fuck you to the industry. Good or Bad I don't care I'd love it, too many games just playing it safe.

Yes even as I type this I do realize that just the same as everyone else I end up being some of those endless droves of sequels, but god damn we need more Icos and Shadows of the Colossus's. Outside of some oddities, the industry has become stagnant, and it would be huge if something that's followed a formula since the 80's just changed.

I agree with the man above me.

Also with Nolan.

Edited by STOOPIDDITTIES

I'd love if Nintendo changed absolutely everything about Zelda, just as a big fuck you to the industry.

Followed by Reggie coming out to saying that he will personally fight everyone who disagrees with him, and Iwata eating souls - that would be awesome.

I personally would draw attention to the announcement of Metroid Prime way back in 2001 or so. Back then Metroid had only ever been a 2D side-on adventure, and putting it into a 3D FPS mould made people instantly assume it would all be fooked to high heaven. Lots of people I spoke to said it was going to completely destroy the series, and the games turned into something fantastic. Same with WW - the graphics changed but the game was better for it (arguably). Nintendo always like to mess around with their games and go in completely odd directions, but they always manage to make the resulting game fantastic. I personally have faith in them - if they choose to make Zelda into something totally different to what we're used to, I'm still confident it will be fantastic. But that's just my feeling.

Taking a game from 2D to 3D or changing the graphic style but keeping everything else intact is one thing.

The changes they seem to be hinting at suggest something very different.

I personally hope they change the camera system, to at least make it more useful. My biggest gripe with Twilight Princess was the camera and how it ruined me so much. And yes, I still have a grudge about this 4 years on.

I think they'll be changing a tad more than just the camera system.

I think they'll change it and people will complain :P

Shame that a great deal of people aren't really open to any drastic change...

Having said that, I certainly am not afraid of NINTENDO opening their anuses of gold over the series. I'm ready for it and will buy every piece of plastic the game utilizes to enhance the gaming experience:bouncy:

I'd say that this time 'round, change also means.......

A NEW VILLAIN

If Zelda Wii can be what Mario Galaxy is too the Mario series, then I think the Wii will be the best system ever created.

I think they'll change it and people will complain :P

And if they don't change it, people will also complain.

Don't expect many surprises at this year's show. I think the focus will be on the new Zelda and 3DS.