NEurope
Dante

[SPOILERS!!] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Whoops! Sorry about the previous post, I was here thinking this was the official Wii E3 thread! Not the Zelda one, it's late, I need some sleep I think :heh:

But been as I'm here, I'll spurt my views on what I'd love the next Zelda to be like. I would LOVE a direct sequel to WindWaker, I really liked it, even the sea sections. In fact, the sea sections were some of my favourite, I've never felt on such an adventure compared to when I was riding the waves and finding secret islands, I still find it crazy how people found that to be the worst part of the game!

So yeah, Wind Waker 2, here's hoping!

And I'd love to know how you think NSMB was dumbed down. But only from someone who knows what they're talking about so please don't reply to that!

Man the last few worlds were pure evil...but fun :D

So yeah, Wind Waker 2, here's hoping!

But it's been done though

legend-of-zelda-phantom-hourglass-ds.jpg

Had to have been said :P

Just found an awesome pic thought I should share :D

ztyo3d.jpg

And just a thought, with speculation of there being flying in this game, lets do hope that roc's cape makes it first appearance onto a 3D Zelda :D

Edited by killer kirby

And I'd love to know how you think NSMB was dumbed down.

Flicking the Wii remote to do a mid-air jump, just in case your first jump wasn't accurate enough. The guides at the start of world 1 telling you how to do every level.

Flicking the Wii remote to do a mid-air jump, just in case your first jump wasn't accurate enough. The guides at the start of world 1 telling you how to do every level.

Hmmm, interesting. I never used the guide once. And for me (and the same proven with Galaxy 2) it allowed them to make the game harder knowing the guide can help people who needed it. I thought the difficulty in NSMB was fantastic.

As for the jumping...I don't even know where to begin. I can't be bothered. I don't think it made the game any easier, in fact some people use that extra bit of a jump for some pure skill. It just feels like you're trying to complain but with no foundation. Its like saying the extra jump in Devil May Cry is dumbing it down for their audience.... can't it just be a game mechanic?

As for difficult of Zelda. With an adventure game, I'm not too fussed about how difficult it is; Twilight Princess was good for me. Yeah it was easier than Ocarina but it didn't make it any less fun. I guess we don't have long to wait; but I really think Nintendo are going to pull something amazing out with Zelda...

I'm not trying to complain, all I said in my original point was that I think this new Zelda would be dumbed down, simplified, and made more accessible, in keeping with what they've been doing with other Nintendo games. Hopefully Zelda Wii will be the exception.

Fair enough. I guess we'll see in a week-odd :) Let's hope I'm right though!

As a side, do you think Galaxy 1 + 2 and are dumbed down?

the brilliant thing about NSMBwii s that any gamer can play it, and its certainly not easy late on so i dont think its dumbed down like u think

1 thing the next zelda will have is choices like in fable me thinks, so everyone will geta slightly different outcome at the end ?

Edited by yesteryeargames

I really hope you're right as well. Re Galaxy, I don't, no. Not played Galaxy 2 so can't judge. Not too sure on the need for a Hint TV, and the mini-hub world seems a little silly and pointless.

Back to Zelda, with Aonuma's big hint about flying being the mechanism for travel in Zelda Wii, what do people think it'll be? Plane, bird/dragon, wings?

I's actually say some sort of primitive (and magical obv) plane/glider is most likely. One that can be customised and get new abilities as the game goes on. Be interesting to see what they do...

Back to Zelda, with Aonuma's big hint about flying being the mechanism for travel in Zelda Wii, what do people think it'll be? Plane, bird/dragon, wings?

I's actually say some sort of primitive (and magical obv) plane/glider is most likely. One that can be customised and get new abilities as the game goes on. Be interesting to see what they do...

They will set the world of hyrule in a new theme of floating lands aka Baten Kaitos world, and you do sword fighting while flying against creatures using this beast...

florina.jpg

:heh:

A huge owl!:heh:

I imagine a giant eagle. You could call it like you did the eagles in TP but this one would be huge and you could ride it. That's what she said.

The Ask G4 Project: Your Questions Answered

User: If you could have one game company release any game you requested, what would it be?

G4: More than anything we like to see interesting new IPs. The games that have gotten people the most excited around here are game changers like LittleBigPlanet and the first Gears Of War. But if we had to pick a game, then we would want BioWare to make an RPG based on the Zelda series. Nintendo waters down their RPGS whereas BioWare excels at fleshing out an RPG into a 80 hour game. It would be Zelda but for a more mature gamer.

What? :blank:

Since when is Zelda considered an RPG?

It isnt but the only RPG type in the series was Zelda: AoL

True, but its not exactly the most popular game in the series.

I'm not trying to complain, all I said in my original point was that I think this new Zelda would be dumbed down, simplified, and made more accessible, in keeping with what they've been doing with other Nintendo games. Hopefully Zelda Wii will be the exception.

I don't understand this attitude. Sure NSMB wii might be easier than some of the older games but honestly compared to games on other consoles " so-called" hardcore gamers play are piss easy compared to this.

Get a general modern warfare player, or halo to play certain nintendo titles like metroid prime 2 echoes, new super mario bros wii, super mario galaxy 2 and they will struggle. There is no handholding in Mario bros on the wii.

Was super mario galaxy 2 dumbed down compared to super mario 64? I don't think so, So I have no reason to believe zelda wii will be any less of a challenge than OOT.

No, but Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were compared to Minish Cap.

Those two games, as much as I love the latter, are pretty much Zelda: Lite. Stripped of many aspects that makes Zelda, Zelda, to satisfy a larger, more casual audience. Who knows if the same will happen to Zelda Wii, but Miyamoto's comments about previous Zelda's being too complicated and the need to simplify this new one doesn't fill me with confidence. Who knows, I hope not.

Minish Cap was made by a different developer.

I think you're forgetting that games can be simplified without sacrificing depth. Simplifying something doesn't make it easier either, just easier to understand. Making it so you only have to catch a fish once to satisfy a cat would be one example.

Don't be so pedantic, I meant Minish Cap or any other 2D Zelda before it.

And no, I'm not forgetting that games can be simplified without sacrificing depth. I know what simplifying means thank you very much.

a floating Surfboard haha lol, just kidding,

it would be cool if they just Put the Ocarina fluit in it, and you can Summon creatures to fly, summon epona on land, and maybe summon a Creature for under water to travel faster under sea, etc

the Ocarina was in my opinion the most magical thing ever in a zelda game,

and i want link to be stronger, and have more magical attacks like in ocarina of time, when you could search for the Dins Fire attack i loved that one, Farores wind nayrus love etc, i hope they dont dissapoint me with this Zelda game, because i cant wait for it lol