N-Europe

Smash Brothers Revolution News

system_error

Nintendo Japan currently hires coders and 3D artists for Smash Brothers Revolution. The last date to entry a contract is July 2006.

This means Smash Brothers won't be available before mid/end 2006 which either leads to the fact that the Revolution will launch later or Smash Brothers is not a launch titel.

Sources: Gamefront, Nintendo Japan

OFF TOPIC: Its slightly off topic but what Matt has been saying about the Revolution really pisses me off.

"Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 have more graphic horsepower than Revolution -- significantly more, according to some developer reports."

Now where did he get that from. Anyone (BigTac) with inside knowledge please can you clarify.

The link is here: http://cube.ign.com/mail/

Im not gonna lie either Matt I hate your seething guts. Are you a Nintendo fan or were you sent by Microsoft to irritate the fuck out of me.

ON TOPIC: Forgoten what I was going to say now.

"Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 have more graphic horsepower than Revolution -- significantly more, according to some developer reports."

Now where did he get that from. Anyone (BigTac) with inside knowledge please can you clarify.

The link is here: http://cube.ign.com/mail/

Im not gonna lie either Matt I hate your seething guts. Are you a Nintendo fan or were you sent by Microsoft to irritate the fuck out of me.

Matt Cassamina doesn't know sh*t about hardware... When I sent him fake specs he e-mailed them through to some devvies who 'laughed at it' (granted I made the Rev look like it'll outperform the 360 by a massive margin), and he made a comment that he was sure the Revolution would do 40 gigawatts in only two lightyears or whatever. If they showed him numbers and he had compared the numerical values directly, then yes, the 360 and PS3 would look so much stronger. The contacts he has are the likes of that Epic guy everybody got angry with (forgot his name) so meh. I trust BigTac's contacts better, cause he knows what he's talking about.

On-topic: Well the Revolution is only expected early autumn, so that would fit the scheme right, wouldn't it?

Yes, Iwata did say that they are pushing their devlopment team to make Super Smash Bros Rev an Online launch game but with that I don't think that there is any indication on the release of the game/console other than it will be released a few months after July (Sept). We just have to wait and see I suppose.

I really can't see why Super Smash Bros. Revolution would take a long time to make!

It's been said that it's possible to develope Rev games using the GC, so why not start work now using the Super Smash Bros. Melee engine to design basic character models and levels.

They could even combine it with the graphical capabilities of the Twilight Princess engine to great more advanced models.

Then they could shift it onto Rev to up the graphics even further and implement the online mode!

Get to work Nintendo!! Smash Bros. HAS to be there as a launch title!!

they need them for other games but you cant really advertise the secret games now can you?

He has a point, don't you think? By the way, Mark Rein(the Epic guy) has apologised and said he thinks that the revolution and the Unreal 3 engine would be "perfect parteners".

Oh and by the way, Valve have said they like the Revolution :laughing:

Guest Stefkov

i hope it does come out with the release, i remember that Iwata said he was pushing Miyamoto for mario 128 to be at revo launch, anyone remember this?

Matt Cassamina doesn't know sh*t about hardware... When I sent him fake specs he e-mailed them through to some devvies who 'laughed at it' (granted I made the Rev look like it'll outperform the 360 by a massive margin), and he made a comment that he was sure the Revolution would do 40 gigawatts in only two lightyears or whatever. If they showed him numbers and he had compared the numerical values directly, then yes, the 360 and PS3 would look so much stronger. The contacts he has are the likes of that Epic guy everybody got angry with (forgot his name) so meh. I trust BigTac's contacts better, cause he knows what he's talking about.

On-topic: Well the Revolution is only expected early autumn, so that would fit the scheme right, wouldn't it?

his mailbag was on HD support, i think it's quite obvious that the PS3 and 360 have more graphical horsepower than the Rev. No one really knows the exact numbers, but the PS3 is expected to cost $400 plus for a reason.

That's right, but Cassamina is talking about a big difference, and he's about the only one saying that - he's making it sound worse than it'll end up like.

The reason the Xbox 360 costs so much is because they launched it six months too early and the PS3 costs so much because of the Cell chip, which is an excellent server chip but isn't a very good games processor.

Anyway on-topic again:

I'm sure the artists they sre asking for are there to help upgrading the version they made on Cube devkits to a proper Rev game. The actual programming should be 95% done about now, the graphics just need to be done well.