N-Europe

Comedy Rainbow

ReZourceman

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B.B.BREAKITDOWN!

OK i was going to do a breakdown like everyone else but I know you might not like to but watch evils parody of your movie again. He is doing a few things that you are not and you must notice why it looks and sounds better and I promise i'm not kissing ass here.

Even watch some of the top youtube partners and see what they do. Even check out tv sketches for inspiration.

Few things i've noticed that have to change to keep it more professional.

1: the pauses have to go, Keep it flowing. We should not see you turning off the camera at all at all.

2: you have too many... am transitions to sections shall we say like " inappropriate ways of greeting people". I find this hard to word but you even say the name out and it takes up a good few secs. In evil's video there was none of this at all. Maybe have the text on the bottom of your vid while you are doing it? Point is keep the comedy flowing. You can't halt it up by announcing to people what they need to look out for next.

If your videos were edited better they could be 5 minutes instead of 10. It's hard to get most people to watch a 10 minute long video.

3: have a song in the background. I've said this before. It's all too very quiet in the world of comedy rainbow. Some appropriate song would do you wonders.

Being honest i'm not sure what you're REALLY going for with this but i'd change the whole format lol :) Depends on how serious you are.

Your jokes are cheesy but that's the charm of the show. It's your presentation that's very much lacking. Polish polish polish !

Edited by mcj metroid

I promise i'm not kissing ass here.

Kiss away, my ass enjoys it.

Bale's rant: I liked this, but it went on for too long. Link us to the defiante baby video please.

Someone please!

Indeed, the above statement is true. I found nothing wrong with Comedy Typhoon, it was pure brilliance!!!.

Are you planning on making another one??

I'm not sure, I don't want to cheapen it. There's only so much pisstaking I can do of certain shizzle.

B.B.BREAKITDOWN!

OK i was going to do a breakdown like everyone else but I know you might not like to but watch evils parody of your movie again. He is doing a few things that you are not and you must notice why it looks and sounds better and I promise i'm not kissing ass here.

I like Eevils video. I think what you guys are forgetting (and Eevil would probably agree) is that most of my episodes are between 5-10 minutes long and I've done 16 now. Eevils video is 2 minutes of original footage and he said he's not doing another. Once you've parodied something, its hard to do it again. I'd personally love to see more from him though.

1: the pauses have to go, Keep it flowing. We should not see you turning off the camera at all at all.

I left the camera turning off of this particular gag on purpose, and I think its funnier for it, as you are hearing the canned laugh pissing themselves and my grin. Obviously you disagree, but I liked it.

2: you have too many... am transitions to sections shall we say like " inappropriate ways of greeting people". I find this hard to word but you even say the name out and it takes up a good few secs. In evil's video there was none of this at all.

Well thats not true, both Dr Man and Scare Kelly had them. Most of the intros are so short anyway its a non issue.

If your videos were edited better they could be 5 minutes instead of 10. It's hard to get most people to watch a 10 minute long video.

You think there's 5 minutes worth of pauses and titles? Lol.

3: have a song in the background. I've said this before. It's all too very quiet in the world of comedy rainbow. Some appropriate song would do you wonders.

That would ruin it. Any segments that need music have it.

Being honest i'm not sure what you're REALLY going for with this but i'd change the whole format lol Depends on how serious you are.

I'm just going for a comedy show that I want some people to find entertaining or funny. It does that. Not everyone is going to find the same thing funny, and as you can see just from the feedback that I get from NE some people like some episodes and others don't.

Your jokes are cheesy but that's the charm of the show. It's your presentation that's very much lacking. Polish polish polish !.

Well we agree that my jokes are cheesy and thats the charm of it. But I'm sorry but I resent being told the presentation is lacking. If you go back to the first episodes then yes. I had light obscuring the view, sound was low, pictures were low resolution. In addition to all those being fixed now, theres shit loads of smaller touches that you probably don't even notice, or that are subtle but add lots. Like fading out sound in certain bits to ease transition, things along the lines of multi view, all the different logo's I've made, choice of songs, choice of font on segments with text on screen and ensuring there's enough time to read them but not too long. Honestly saying it has bad editing is kind of insulting.

I was thinking, perhaps a Christmas special to co-incide with the Rainbow.

Perhaps. We'll have to see what he pumps out in the meantime.

I left the camera turning off of this particular gag on purpose, and I think its funnier for it, as you are hearing the canned laugh pissing themselves and my grin. Obviously you disagree, but I liked it.

Going on that angle, it would be better if you had the canned laughter/applause at the end as you were going for the camera, the small laughter you hear at the time is almost non-existant.

But your face... I'm sorry I can't handle it in that pose. It incites anger within me. And I'm afraid...

VW___Hades_by_DarkAngelX.jpg

Well thats not true, both Dr Man and Scare Kelly had them. Most of the intros are so short anyway its a non issue.

True, but I'm willing to bet that Scare Kelly was shorter than your "vocal" titles. And I agree with you totally with Dr. Man, but obviously I was just copying you for that - Doctoresque shit accompanying some music. Naturally I like my music better :p

No offence, but at times it does feel like it.

Perhaps. We'll have to see what he pumps out in the meantime.

Aye, 16 episodes so far and still going strong.

The spilt-milk sketch was apparantly going to be done live at the meet, but it was spoilt in Tesco's 20 minutes before the start-time by a certain someone, not naming them again. Still.......

I like Eevils video. I think what you guys are forgetting (and Eevil would probably agree) is that most of my episodes are between 5-10 minutes long and I've done 16 now. Eevils video is 2 minutes of original footage and he said he's not doing another. Once you've parodied something, its hard to do it again. I'd personally love to see more from him though.

Couldn't agree more. The only thing I'd add that I also think people are forgetting is that parody (also known as "making fun of") is FARRRR easier to do than coming up with original material. Not a massive fan of parody comedy in the mainstream myself as it usually relies completely on the viewer being familiar with the original material. That said I did enjoy EEVIL's video a lot (the smug look bit especially was awesome) but I'd rather see a video of original material rather than another CR parody.

I also think people are forgetting is that parody (also known as "making fun of") is FARRRR easier to do than coming up with original material.

Fuck yeah, that's what makes parodies so much fun. You have source material and then remix it into a way which is both humourous and relevant.

I'd rather see a video of original material rather than another CR parody.

Well that lets me off the hook, check the rest of j00t00be out for that.

I 'enjoyed' this one, in very minute parts. The Bale sketch was, as has been said, completely dated/unnecessary/notfunny/awasteoftime.

And, honestly, nearing 10 mins as it does, I just find myself waiting for the show to end so I can post in this thread rather than feeling sad when it's over. It's too long. Seriously! I can't reveal any praise until this crucial element is fixed.

That would ruin it. Any segments that need music have it.

I'm just going for a comedy show that I want some people to find entertaining or funny. It does that. Not everyone is going to find the same thing funny, and as you can see just from the feedback that I get from NE some people like some episodes and others don't.

Well we agree that my jokes are cheesy and thats the charm of it. But I'm sorry but I resent being told the presentation is lacking. If you go back to the first episodes then yes. I had light obscuring the view, sound was low, pictures were low resolution. In addition to all those being fixed now, theres shit loads of smaller touches that you probably don't even notice, or that are subtle but add lots. Like fading out sound in certain bits to ease transition, things along the lines of multi view, all the different logo's I've made, choice of songs, choice of font on segments with text on screen and ensuring there's enough time to read them but not too long. Honestly saying it has bad editing is kind of insulting.

ugh.. ok if you think it's perfect then fine, i'll say no more.

But ya you have made some improvements from the first episode no doubt.

So you're allowed to criticise but I'm not allowed to make counter points? :angry:

We're all just stating opinions, and I still want to hear feedback.

I can't give much more feedback than that to be honest. I'm sorry If I appear brutal in my opinion I do my best to tone it down.

It's a constantly improving show. Well your jokes have remained constant and vary between episodes but your presentation has improved but for the rest I said what I would do If I was doing something similiar.

Like I said in a WAYYYY earlier post. I like your show for your cheesiness.

The main issue is that what ReZ wants from the show and what some of the viewers here want from the show are two different things. Perhaps specifying what is meant by "presentation" will clear up some misunderstandings, but in the long run, ReZ, you're going to hear the same points of criticism, and you'll most likely not change on those points. Because on those specific points, the show is as you want it. It's not how some of the viewers here on N-E like it, but it's how you want it. And you'll probably never agree on these points.

I'm not arguing how the show should be. That's an entirely subjective point and entirely up to ReZ. As proven, some people in here love Comedy Rainbow as it is, others obviously don't. None are right, none are wrong. It's all just a matter of opinion. :)