Dante

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Oh my god I am so bloody hyped for this :D This and that Miles Edgeworth game will probably be the last games I buy for the DS unless anything major is announced.

Oh. and pokemon obv.

I wouln't discount the ds just yet. I may be old but it still getting better and more exiting games than the wii in numbers :)

I hope it will keep going.

Oh my god I am so bloody hyped for this :D This and that Miles Edgeworth game will probably be the last games I buy for the DS unless anything major is announced.

Oh. and pokemon obv.

Why would they be the last games...? New DS games are announced regularly, the system isn't near the end of its life cycle yet.

Why would they be the last games...? New DS games are announced regularly, the system isn't near the end of its life cycle yet.

Well Nintendo have pretty much exhausted the system in terms of their franchises. Hell, we've just had 2 Zeldas and ANOTHER generation of pokemon is in the works. When it comes to bringing IPs to the console there's nothing left, unless they bring Kid Icarus or something. I've had my DS for years and tbh i'm waiting for an upgrade.

More importantly, any news on when this is getting a western release?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's a damn fucking shame that Cing went bankrupt. Pisses me off that there are so many people out there too who moan about there being "no good games" on DS (because they just ignore the ton of good ones for some reason!) and then games like this end up with crap sales and the developers suffer for it, despite putting genuine effort in.

People are happy to pump out £40-50 regularly for mediocre next gen titles that end up disappointing them but grudge paying out £20-30 for real gems like this series because it's not up to the same visual standard.

Anyway again, loved the original and hope that this still gets a European release now!

Well Nintendo have pretty much exhausted the system in terms of their franchises. Hell, we've just had 2 Zeldas and ANOTHER generation of pokemon is in the works. When it comes to bringing IPs to the console there's nothing left, unless they bring Kid Icarus or something. I've had my DS for years and tbh i'm waiting for an upgrade.

One thing I'm still waiting for is a 2D Metroid. For me there hasn't been a true Metroid entry on DS because Hunters doesn't count as it's bland as hell and only really succeeds from a technical standpoint.

Anyway the fact a new Pokemon gen is coming though should show you something, the next handheld isnt coming very soon. Certainly not this year and it'd be the end of next year at earliest I'd say!

I dont blame them at all though. Games like Scribblenauts and the like show that even this far into its life, the DS is still bringing completely original concepts to the table.

Edited by James McGeachie

Just read the news about Cing, is terrible seem as means we are unlikely to see Hotel Dusk Last Window localized...

I don't see why people are assuming this. Cing were just developer. Nintendo own the rights to the game's release. This doesn't change the game's release prospects in the slightest.

I don't see why people are assuming this. Cing were just developer. Nintendo own the rights to the game's release. This doesn't change the game's release prospects in the slightest.

I'm not assuming that but if for example Cing were localizing it and they do not make it out of the bankruptcy (which incidentally doesn't mean they will shut down instantly) then Nintendo may not pick up the option bring it over here...

Personally think Nintendo should snap them up and buy them out, they certainly have plenty to offer as a 1st party studio.

• 2 months later...
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!