NEurope
Beast

X Factor 2009

I really liked how motherly Cheryl is toward Joe. Last night when they were announcing the results and he was just resting on her shoulder. It was kinda creepy, but mostly sweet.

Who cares about the music eh?

It's probably more people voting for Cheryl to win, honestly there are too many people obsessed with that women it's sickening. It's the only reason Girls Aloud won a Brit and why she's had a No.1 Album, No.1 Single and probably more yet to come. Dunno what it is about this convicted chav that people idolise so much!

couldn't agree more.

people seem to have conveniently forgotten what she did... anyone else would be in the dole queue without a hope.

Sosososo fake. Crying to gain popularity. Sickeningly skinny. Ew.

Dani (sp) is better imo. She's subtle and more mature. (and her hair is amazing)

Its nice to come on here and see all these massively positive comments from people who are clearly very good musicians with great knowledge and taste in music.

thanks although I don't think I was being positive :D

couldn't agree more.

people seem to have conveniently forgotten what she did... anyone else would be in the dole queue without a hope.

Sosososo fake. Crying to gain popularity. Sickeningly skinny. Ew.

Dani (sp) is better imo. She's subtle and more mature. (and her hair is amazing)

Ya dani is better in fairness. Cheryl's song choices were always too obvious.

Cheryl's song choices were always too obvious.

How were they were obvious? Which ones did you guess? That's just something judges say to make themselves appear knowledgeable about something that they don't really know too much about.

How were they were obvious? Which ones did you guess? That's just something judges say to make themselves appear knowledgeable about something that they don't really know too much about.

well... for example when big band came she did fly me to the moon with lloyd....

she picked great songs for joe most of the time( I still don't like the journey choice)

but with lloyd she was disasterous.. He wasn't very good but keep bleeding in love? Awful choice.

He looks like you. My family and Paddy agree. Him and Anne Hathaway obviously have a baby in the future, and then have to leave in the past (a la Cable in X-Men, but the other way round chronologically).

To be fair, they say that you are drawn to people that look like yourself.

(I wouldn't say I'm particularly narcissistic though.)

Well I think cheryl is awesome. She's a nice gal and really hot. I don't see where all the hate comes from. Jealousy maybe?

Also, I always thought of x-factor as a fun little thing to watch and pass the time and have a little chat to people about. Nothing spectacular where a new musical prodigy is born. People treat this like it's the olympics or something, not that I particularly care about the olympics.

I just think people take it too seriously. And think it's cool to just slag it off.

Well I think cheryl is awesome. She's a nice gal and really hot. I don't see where all the hate comes from. Jealousy maybe?

Also, I always thought of x-factor as a fun little thing to watch and pass the time and have a little chat to people about. Nothing spectacular where a new musical prodigy is born. People treat this like it's the olympics or something, not that I particularly care about the olympics.

I just think people take it too seriously. And think it's cool to just slag it off.

I find that part a bit strange. Of course it is spectacular. The start of the show is one long hype until the final. Each week, the contestants have their performances shown in front of the nation. Each week, their lives are talked about in tabloid newspapers. At the end of it, one or more of the contestants is given a music contract. They become stars. How is that not spectacular? For the people involved, it is a huge journey for them.

Then, a year later, the process is repeated. The people who partook in this journey the year before are then lost in the wilderness. What becomes of them is a mystery. They are made "stars" and then the public lose interest and look forward to the next "star" that is created. The journey from the start, being someone with a quiet life and then performing infront of the nation, that journey is what the public loves. That's the "spectacle."

Personally, I just find it a bit...well...cruel almost on the people involved. But then, they audition to be on the show, so they should know what they're letting themselves in for.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Well if that's the spectacle then why are people complaining about who wins, if they just want to see normal people get famous?

well it's different from say the olympics... Whenever opinion comes into something there will always be arguments,slagging.music, movies and games.

olympics are based on a set challenge so there can be no argument over who wins and who doesn't... it's plain fact.

Well if that's the spectacle then why are people complaining about who wins, if they just want to see normal people get famous?

Because the people are "in" on this journey, too. They like having their favourites, they also like having these hate figures. Someone to moan about. If somebody has got a particularly emotional story or a reason for why they're going on the show (Channel 4 took the piss out of that. With "Are Wayne" That thing with Peter Kay - I'm doing it for my dead mother's Dog) then they want to see that person do well. They like having winners (rags to riches). That's why they vote. They're voting for their personality as well as the songs that they are singing.

Lest we forget the only true star to have been spawned from X-Factor:

Leona-Lewis-Echo-Album-Cover.jpg

(Love how striking that image is to look at ^)

What what? What was she singing?

I'm watching Elf on Channel 4 + 1. With the lovely Zooey Deschanel. ;)

Zooey Deschanel is in that? :o I've seen her in more things than I thought. :heart:

Okay just watched their performances on Youtube as my interest was gained because they were singing The Climb. :)

errmm..no. Olly sings like a squashed pumpkin who is in the middle of wrestling a duck. It's all TOO schmaltzy as well.

I thought Disney were bad at making things to forced emotionally but this just went overboard.

Again Joe's performance was as equally soulless. Lacked any substance.

Miley Cyrus' version so so much better but then I was gonna say that anyway. :p

Not sure why I actually care I don't even mind the Xfactor I jumped on the band wagon last year. Probably the lack of TV at Uni and forget watching it on ITV player.

Oh and Cheryl Cole is amazing I will not hear otherwise. She watches over me at night. :D

I've just heard the official song of The Climb by Joe. It sounds a lot better when it's recorded but I stand by what I said, it shouldn't be a guy singing this. I still prefer Miley's.

All 3 in the final were very likable people, and also very talented, enjoyed watching them the whole way through. Joe was my favourite from the start though so I was pleased he won. Not massively keen on the final single but I can imagine Joe will have a nice album in a few months time.

Overall a good series, I could see quite a few of the people from this year sticking around for longer than they usually do.

Hope Dannii isn't replaced by Mel B! She's the only thing worth watching on the show!

Lovely!...

218532123505lo.jpg

draftlens7490882module6n.jpgdraftlens7490882module7.jpgdraftlens7490882module6x.jpgdraftlens7490882module6.jpg

Overall a good series' date=' I could see quite a few of the people from this year sticking around for longer than they usually do.[/quote']

I thought the opposite. The talent this year was sorely lacking, in general.

Yeah, there were more generally decent people this year, but few/no true standouts. Whereas it's less good, one or more standouts etc usually.

Climb and Killing in the Name are 1 and 2 on iTunes repsectively. I wonder what the difference between the two is. I assume thousands and thousands.

That Climb song is aweful, heard it a few times on the radio today. Honestly it was such a setup for Joe to win (Cowell probably saw him as the better investment), because realistically how was Olly meant to do anything with a 17yr old girls 'disney esque' song?

I got his song. I didn't like it before but it sounds better recorded so I went and bought it.