NEurope
Beast

X Factor 2009

Stacey shouldn't win, she doesn't have any star quality to her voice or anything. She'd be a really crap version of Leona Lewis (who already had an impersonator in Alexandra, but they've made her do more urban stuff so it's All Alright.).

I'm so happy Lloyd has gone! :)

I think Joe could win this. I thought he could be in with a chance since he performed "The Circle Of Life". I've loved Stacey from the moment she appeared on the auditions. I love her version of "Rule The World", made me happy :)

But in my opinion, Stacey and Joe will be the final two. I couldn't tell you who I think would win. It'd be a toughie.

Doesnt it end with a final 3 though?

stacy joe and ollie for final 3.

Danyl needs to go....next.

she doesn't have any star quality to her voice or anything.
None of them do! Whoever wins it this year will be another Shane Ward/Leon Jackson.

Joe is by far the most deserving. His performance of Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word was, however much I hate to say it considering I really wasn't a fan of his, fantastic.

Still. Lloyd. *Sigh*

None of them do! Whoever wins it this year will be another Shane Ward/Leon Jackson.

True the only one's i can see doing anything after this is Jedward, obviously not singing but maybe presenting

Stacey shouldn't win, she doesn't have any star quality to her voice or anything. She'd be a really crap version of Leona Lewis (who already had an impersonator in Alexandra, but they've made her do more urban stuff so it's All Alright.).

I can see Stacey doing records and stuff but I can't see the rest lasting long. Joe and Olly will become another Leon Jackson I think (release an album that's in the top 10 charts and the next week, vanish off the earth). Danyl MIGHT last longer but I can't see him being in the final because people think he's nasty or something so they'd vote him off. Joe won't be able to pull off an RnB track, Olly might be able to and Stacey definitely can. Female winners ALWAYS last longer than the Males. The only exception to this is Will Young (what's happened to Shayne Ward, Leon Jackson, Steve Brookstein?). There's only one male band who I can think of that is doing very well at the moment and that's JLS. But Stacey can record more stuff because her voice suits most genres. I've noticed Joe's only fantastic with slow music as far as I remember, has he ever done an upbeat track apart from Could This Be Magic?

Still, Joe or Stacey to win. And for the final three: Olly, Stacey and Joe. I originally wanted Danyl to win but his voice has changed because of those voice coaches. :hmm:

Edited by Animal

Joe's performances have seemed really whiney to me lately, he even manages to sing kinda upbeat songs in an almost depressing sort of way.

Joe's best suited to a career in musicals, Jedward I think are even too annoying to do anything on tv. I can't really see what Stacey would do music wise because she's kinda the same genre as Leona only no where near as good, so that won't work. Olly has only been given shit oldschool song choices by Simon so I don't really get what he'd do either; Robbie type songs I guess, but then I can't see him lasting at all. Daniel, well I don't think anyone could take a whole album of those pained performances!

Honestly I think Lucie was the only one who stood a chance at a long term career because she could have been a UK Avril Lavigne equivalent, as she showed a few times really well.

Joe's performances have seemed really whiney to me lately, he even manages to sing kinda upbeat songs in an almost depressing sort of way.

Joe's best suited to a career in musicals, Jedward I think are even too annoying to do anything on tv. I can't really see what Stacey would do music wise because she's kinda the same genre as Leona only no where near as good, so that won't work. Olly has only been given shit oldschool song choices by Simon so I don't really get what he'd do either; Robbie type songs I guess, but then I can't see him lasting at all. Daniel, well I don't think anyone could take a whole album of those pained performances!

Honestly I think Lucie was the only one who stood a chance at a long term career because she could have been a UK Avril Lavigne equivalent, as she showed a few times really well.

Uh, what?????

No! Just...no! When she started singing rock songs like Sk8r Boi and Sweet Child of Mine, I was cringing. It was just awful. No way should she in any way do rock songs. I agree that she might have a shot at lasting longer than the others but the UK's answer to Avril Lavigne? No, haha.

I can see Stacey doing songs Alexandra Burke does. Those type of upbeat songs, I think that would suit her.

Yeah, it does seem like this year, it's a bit of a mixed bag of a lot of "fine but not great people". I think Joe is far and away the best, but he should have been on a show like Joseph or something, he'd be (and will be no doubt offered roles) great in musicals.

It's hard to see what people like Danyl and Olly would do with a record deal...Cowell likes to whisk away the winners to mould a decent album with, rather than just the rush-job from the earlier years, full of covers and released a month after winning. But none of them are really good products, except Joe who will appeal to the mum/Susan Boyle crowd. But that's not really what Cowell would want as a product. Leona is the big, booming, sortof haunting diva, Alexandra is the poppy, urban, "Oh hai USA" singer etc. If Shayne Ward comes back (might do), he was along those lines too. (I quite liked, unashamedly, one of his singles from his last album, No U Hang Up)

I just don't see any of the current contestants as viable products.

I can see Stacey doing songs Alexandra Burke does. Those type of upbeat songs, I think that would suit her.
Based on the fact she's never done an upbeat song, let alone anything close to R&B pop, yeah I can see that, no... wait.

And well I wouldn't call Avril Lavigne rock, so... and she does do slow songs as well, and seeing how Lucie is 18, better giving her a mix of pop-rock and slow songs, than give her a bunch of ballardy Leona songs and watching her sink into oblivion!

At least doing something different with her would give her a chance at a career!

Based on the fact she's never done an upbeat song, let alone anything close to R&B pop, yeah I can see that, no... wait.

And well I wouldn't call Avril Lavigne rock, so... and she does do slow songs as well, and seeing how Lucie is 18, better giving her a mix of pop-rock and slow songs, than give her a bunch of ballardy Leona songs and watching her sink into oblivion!

At least doing something different with her would give her a chance at a career!

Where are we going with this lucie stuff.. She blended into the background. She had no charisma about her and was knocked out relatively early in the program and everybody is talking a record deal.

Lucie has a good voice. That's all.

Where are we going with this lucie stuff.. She blended into the background. She had no charisma about her and was knocked out relatively early in the program and everybody is talking a record deal.

Lucie has a good voice. That's all.

True that! she has a good voice that's agreed, but absolutely no stage presence no drive to move around the stage and get people off their feet, specially if she's to try sing more pop style songs

To be honest, I don't recall Alexandra doing many upbeat songs. The only upbeat songs I can think of is Toxic and Candyman. The reason why I say that Stacey would be good with upbeat songs is because I can actually see her doing it. Anyone can do it really but girls tend to do it a little better. Trust me, Stacey would be good at RnB.

I like Lucie but she ain't nothing special. She was a great singer. It's like last year, Laura and Rita (I think her name was?) both had fantastic voices but unfortunately, they eventually faded into the background. This will happen to Lucie unless she gets in there fast.

But even so, I'm sure she'll have a career doing something.

Edited by Animal

Laura just released a single/album IIRC.

EDIT: Yep.

EDIT2: Also "Rita" (Ruth Lorenzo) was brilliant, and confirmed she's signed to Virgin EMI a few months ago.

Edited by Paj!

Laura just released a single/album IIRC.

EDIT: Yep.

EDIT2: Also "Rita" (Ruth Lorenzo) was brilliant, and confirmed she's signed to Virgin EMI a few months ago.

That's great. I loved Laura so I'm glad that she's got a single out. I just hope their albums won't do an Eoghan :hmm:

WTF at the judges, I thought Daniel was bloody aweful, absolutely terrible!

he cant sing... i keep saying this.. all he can do is shout... The reason this was worse than usual is because it was a quiet song... his big weakness.

"I could hyyar you on the radio". At the Geordie accent...

Apparently their first single will be a cover of a Miley Cyrus song. Umm...the fuck? After the big drama at the start about Daniel singing a girl's song they pick a 16 year old girl's song. Who knows eh?

Jedward have been signed!

ya well they would have done the way you make me feel better than stacey :)

they were unappreciated totally.

Stacey was really shit, but that's cause it was a terrible song choice for her. Perfect for Michael Jackson, not for her...

Stopped watching after her performance.