NEurope

That was annoying me all through the episode, had to google her to work out why I recognised.

Quite enjoyed the ep. I reckon the kid is Harold from Harold and Kumar's, sort of like he knew he was gonna die but wanted a kid, and Janis and the OC chick wanted a kid so yeahse.

Before we found out she was a lesbian I thought it might possibly be the main guys baby.

Thought he might get jealous of Jack Davenport hanging around, start drinking, be working late with lesbian one night and it would lead to them having a one-night-stand... which in turn would then lead to his wife leaving him and shacking up with Davenport.

But that's unlikely now we know her sexuality, though I guess still slightly possible.

- lol, NAMEDROPPING. Mark, mark, mark mark mark. That's the main dude's name. I GET IT NOW. His wife is olivia. OF COURSE! Hehe. I think they cottoned on to what we've been saying for a few weeks.

- Quantum bullshit, then? I do like how each episode I change my mind about whether the future is really going to happen or not.

- Script fail still -- "the doctors said it's almost impossible.." ambiguity, plus asian dude and black dude having a chat about how asian dude blacks out after 5 shots... so, er, maybe he was just drinking with 'Mark'? But then, he supposedly dies. But then, frenchie may be TEH ENEMEEEE.

- masked guy was obv. a kid. Chase fail.

- Blue Hand house is cool.

- Still a watchable show. ninjavideo had it caption as "better than heroes but worse than Lost" which I think suits it well.

- Annoying montage of thoughtful poses at the end

- "our experiment killed 20 million people simon, what more is there to say?" ... then he turns the car on and drives off with simon still in it. Fail.

Lol Jayster. Agreed on a lot of those. Especially name dropping. Harold is Dmitri!

I thought it was a great episode.

Soundtrack is a little/lot jarring sometimes/often/constantly.

But TIF.

Liked it. Possibly my favourite episode. A slow but steadily good burner.

And Voldermorts-bretheran is growing on me/I'm preferring his acting a bit. Still a bit broody though. TIF.

The only interesting bits were with the hobbit. The rest is a sure fire cure for insomnia.

Liked it.
Yeah was good.

Definately had it's moments... and some dodgy ones as highlighted by Jay.

Thought the scene between Mark (I was as surpised as everyone to find out that's his name!) and his wife was a bit too forced at the end. I wanted him to turn around and say, 'wait a fucking minute, it's no wonder I'll likely start drinking after tonight, what with Commodore Fuck Buddy Norrington having just been in our house!'

Blue hand stuff was cool!

20million people hey, so they're part of the black tower group then I take it?

haha yeah. The tall black towers in what ever country it was... are they part of the group that built them?

...typing this I just remembered those people in that country didn't die did they, they just blacked out.

Hmm... so where did 20million people die and over what time scale, because you'd have thought someone might start picking up on that!

from the Big Event Thing? Well a little village in africa didn't have aeroplanes flying around, or cars with people behind the wheel, or shit like that.

I don't know if this is obvious to everyone else or not, but I'm guessing another blackout happens two minutes and seventeen seconds after the future "begins"? What with the crow dying in the black guy's meeting and all.

Not sure. That bird just flew into the window (sure it was a crow? I think I recall someone saying it, too) whereas the black-out birds all just... dropped dead.

Surely what's more illogical is that there are any crows left to fly into windows.

Surely what's more illogical is that there are any crows left to fly into windows.

A previous episode showed that crows reproduced rapidly in the few months after the blackout.

I don't know if this is obvious to everyone else or not, but I'm guessing another blackout happens two minutes and seventeen seconds after the future "begins"? What with the crow dying in the black guy's meeting and all.
Surely if there was another blackout the guy and the woman wouldn't have seen the crow hit the window?

Surely if there was another blackout the guy and the woman wouldn't have seen the crow hit the window?

Maybe instead of there being another blackout, everyone will flashforward again, but in present time what they saw happen in their first flashforward will just happen as expected. Which would also explain why noone was like 'omgosh this is my flashforward' during their flashforwards. If that makes sense.

Anyway, I enjoyed the episode again... couple of retarded bits as always though

- if I was a 16 year old who threw some toilet paper at a house, and I was being pursued by a man with a gun I wouldn't risk trying to run away and risk getting shot at.

- Loved the scene with Mark Penny from Lost and generic English bloke, but hated the last scene with Mark and Penny from lost.

Which would also explain why noone was like 'omgosh this is my flashforward' during their flashforwards. If that makes sense.
haha, yeah that makes sense!

Charlie/Merry explaining Schrodinger's cat made me laugh, I dunno why.

Edit:

- Still a watchable show. ninjavideo had it caption as "better than heroes but worse than Lost" which I think suits it well.

It's got nothing on Heroes series 1, that was amazing. But anything after, I guess.

Edited by Molly

Oh, I'd probably agree with that actually. Heroes s01 was so great, with some thrilling episodes (e20 always springs to mind. Oh, petty future, why can't you be more like you said you'd be?) plus the first few eps I watched on a shitty classroom chair in Shorty's room in halls, so there's kinky memories too.

uhhh... Yeah. Anyway! if this show wants to succeed for future seasons, it really needs to get a hurry on with establishing the antagonist. I don't think the charlie dude (nor that bloke from Coupling) are really the be-all and end-all, so... yah I dunno.SHHTIME

Dude from Couplings good yo. Save the day kinda shit. He just got messed up with the wrong croud/they used him for sexy science knowledge.

episode 7

Damn. alreadyghosts.com just redirects to abc's flashforward site. Potential awesome fail. Though I guess abc don't want to be seen to be encouraging 'death clubs'.

So that was definitely teh best episode so far. has finally concreted the idea of hope. Some of the other storylines are still lacking in 'oomph', but there's enough mystery around to keep the show entertaining.

Yup quite enjoyed the latest ep too... Not sure what it means for the flashforwards though. Are they potentially pointless or just a shadow of what could be without drastic change?

I also learnt something new this week.

JOHN CHO IS CALLED DIMITRI!

So that's Mark and Dimitri that I know now. Brilliant.

Is Thursday The New Friday?

With Smallville's ratings on the rise, it looks like we may have found a show that survives the Friday Night Death Curse, and just in time: Now it's looking like Thursdays are also nights that will kill our favorite shows.

Both Fringe and FlashForward are seeing ratings in a worrying freefall right now; Meredith has already reported that Fringe was being considered a show in "trouble," but that was before the audience dropped a worrying 23% for this Thursday's episode (In its defense, many people may have been unaware that it was even on; a lot of schedules didn't list the episode, instead telling viewers that it was the seventh game of the World Series). Seeing a less dramatic drop, but still something that's started rumors of a lack of second season renewal, FlashForward slumped even further this week and, as TV By The Numbers showed, continued a speedy decline in the number of viewers each week towards the point of no return.

We already know that Thursday is a packed night of television, but is it so packed that it's going to kill shows we love (or, in the case of FlashForward, like enough to keep watching and hoping for the best)? Or will the success of the V premiere remind networks that Tuesday night is always an option?

http://io9.com/5399445/is-thursday-the-new-friday

Looks like FlashForward is heading for the bin.

Hmm that's a shame about those ratings. I don't normally get into these TV dramas such as lost and heroes. Girlfriend tried to get me into NCIS, but didn't love it. I found Flash forward to be gripping enough concept wise to keep me hooked. But everything I seem to like ends up in the bin anyway. (Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles)

Mmn. The last ep of flashforward was excellent. I'd put money on Word of Mouth bringing ratings up again next week.