NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Black Books

Is anyone out there a fan of Black Books?

6a00d83451bcff69e20120a52a9202970c-800wi

Ine mentioned a while back that she wanted to watch eet. So, I bought it on DVD from HMV, and took it to the Belgiumlands for us to watch.

We were in stitches. There are just so, so many things to laugh at. So many quotes that will stick with you forever.

"Right now, I'm eating scrambled egg with a comb, from a shoe!"

aaand

"Bernard: (slurring) Old wine is good wine.

Manny: (also slurring) Yes, but... expensive wine is good wine also.

Bernard: Yes, but the older the wine is, the gooder it is.

Manny: Ah, but by the same token, the more expensive the wine, the gooder it is also."

Both from the same episode, but they had me in stitches.

You can buy the DVD from HMV.

You can also watch some of the episodes from 4oD

'Don't touch the dead bees in the window-sill!

:D

'Don't touch the dead bees in the window-sill!

Hahahahaahah!

"I Ate All Your Bees!"

It's a shame there are only 18 episodes of it. But, they are all great episodes, I feel.

I think the right question is: "Who is not a fan of Black Books?"

If someone would answer that question with a "I am"

We know who to be hanged, drawn and quartered.

Also, favourite quote:

"You know what you are? You're a beard with an idiot hanging off it. "

How very, very peculiarly timed. I chose earlier as the time to get my Black Books DVD boxset out and watch it after not watching it for maybe half a year or so. Spooky! And here's the tweet to prove it :heh:

But yes, it's fantastic. The episodes "Blood" and "Hello Sun" ring out as my favourites; for one scene in each that go down as truly epic TV scenes in TV history in the history of TV, every everton ever. That'd be the Restaurant preparation scene and the bathroom scene in each respective episode. "Why did you do that?!" :D

great show. still quote it at mates now. the episode you are quoting jim, thats the best episode of anything ever.

That episode is pretty hilarious. :D Definitely one of my favourites. So many good ones to choose from, but the quotes are particularly memorable from that.

I think the right question is: "Who is not a fan of Black Books?"

If someone would answer that question with a "I am"

We know who to be hanged, drawn and quartered.

Also, favourite quote:

"You know what you are? You're a beard with an idiot hanging off it. "

Haha! That is a brilliant quote, too.

" Manny: You think I should wash my beard?

Bernard: Yes, I think you should wash it. Then you should shave it off, nail it to a frisbee, and fling it over a rainbow. "

Aaaahahahaha.

How very, very peculiarly timed. I chose earlier as the time to get my Black Books DVD boxset out and watch it after not watching it for maybe half a year or so. Spooky! And here's the tweet to prove it :heh:

But yes, it's fantastic. The episodes "Blood" and "Hello Sun" ring out as my favourites; for one scene in each that go down as truly epic TV scenes in TV history in the history of TV, every everton ever. That'd be the Restaurant preparation scene and the bathroom scene in each respective episode. "Why did you do that?!" :D

Ooooh, that is a bit strange I chose today. I was putting it off (creating the thread) for a while, though. I do that. I need to choose the right moment. Tonight feel righttttt.

Blood is a great episode. I laugh just thinking about some of these episodes and quotes. :D

The episode with the giant security door is fantastic too, and Bernard is forced to work in a burger shop :D

B:"What colour is it?"

C:"Err..brown, I thi--"

B:"No, the wrapper.."

C:"Oh, uh, red.."

*Bernard grabs the nearest random coloured burger*

C:"No no no.."

"Is it still raining outside?"

The episode with the giant security door is fantastic too, and Bernard is forced to work in a burger shop :D

B:"What colour is it?"

C:"Err..brown, I thi--"

B:"No, the wrapper.."

C:"Oh, uh, red.."

*Bernard grabs the nearest random coloured burger*

C:"No no no.."

"Is it still raining outside?"

Hahaahahahaha. I cracked up when Manny is looking at the man installing the system, and then sees the Subbuteo man in his hair.

"There was a little man... in his hair!"

That is golden! Oh, and..

"Frrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan?" :D

Edit: Oh man, just remembered, "You're looking Frantastic!" :D Cracks me up every time..

It's a brilliant show, I've seen many episodes multiple times and have it all on DVD.

But yep, has been around for a while.

You guys are so 5 years ago. Bless you :P

Come join us in the past. It's very nice here.

I have a feeling some bad stuff is about to go down...

*coughs*

I'VE NEVER WATCHED BLACK BOOKS. :p

But you are young.

The older the man, then the gooder it is, also.

I have a feeling some bad stuff is about to go down...

*coughs*

I'VE NEVER WATCHED BLACK BOOKS. :p

You still have time to right that wrong.

Black books is awesome. Fave episode probably has the be the piano one. Really really should open the brand new boxset that is sat on my shelf and watch this again...

Aw, man. I need to watch it again. Black Books is just brilliant.

"It's like looking into the eye...of a duck!"

(Bernard to football yobs): "Which of you three bitches wants to dance?"

"Millwall! That's the one, do you know this chant: Millwall, Millwall, you're all so terrible and your girlfriends are all alienated and unfulfilled!"

Brilliant stuff. :laughing:

Threads like this make me wonder... these boards have been around for over 8 years, I bet we made a thread way back when it first came out... and all these quotes and everything. Nostalgiaaaa

Yes it is a great show, although I seem to remember it fizzling away into lameness and dying naked in a gutter with no shred of dignity.

It fizzling away maybe some what of a over exaggeration. Even the third series, the weakest of the three, holds up to most other shows nowadays.

I watch this all the time with my girlfriend over a bottle of wine or two. As for series three it is no way weaker, it has one of the best episodes 'Elephants and Hens' when they're writing the kids book.

One of favourite quotes (or at least of the ones I can remember off the top of my head) I think is: "I'm a quitter, I come from a long line of quitters, in fact it's amazing I'm here at all"

Oh and: "Oh you remember Jimbo, don't you?"

"I'm not sure... (to Jimbo) What do you do?"

"No, he's our son."

"Oh thank god. I thought you had a disease! It's a child!"

I loooooove Black Books. I watched it a few years ago when it was on tv here (so no I'm not late to the partyyyyy), though I didn't realise back then that they showed all three seasons in a row, so I thought I had missed out on stuff haha.

But yeah it was great to rewatch it again on DVD! Season three might not be the best, but I didn't think it was bad at all. The one where the write the children's book one is indeed brilliant. =D

This thread needs videos (for those few lost souls out there who haven't seen it yet), but seems youtube videos of Black Books are blocked in the UK! Oh well!

*goes to watch the bloopers/outtakes* =D

This thread needs videos (for those few lost souls out there who haven't seen it yet), but seems youtube videos of Black Books are blocked in the UK! Oh well!

*goes to watch the bloopers/outtakes* =D

It shall be done.

Embedding disabled though sadly. Ach just double click and open a new window, it's worth it.