N-Europe

Charles Darwin Film Too Controversial For America

Dante

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And did you said something back? I thought Michigan was one of the cool states.

Still living at home=Me keeping my mouth shut when parents say stupid shit. Also, any city in Michigan feels like you're in the middle of no where, the best thing about MI is it's close proximity to Lakes and Canada. Also, Toledo isn't too bad except it's in Ohio, and Ohio people don't know how to drive...at all.

Or..you're thrown out?

People need to be told when they spout crap from their trunks. I thought speech was free in America?

1. I don't rightly know just yet, and prefer not to find out the hard way.

2. America is the land of the stupid, you can tell people flat out that they are wrong and it doesn't matter about what most of them will argue with you. I remember a thread on GT where some guy would not admit that his use of "your" instead of "you're" (which would have been correct) was wrong he went so far as to say using either word in the context is correct. And he writes College level papers >_>

Oh goody, another "American's r st00pid!" thread.

If anything its proving (largely British) people are xenophobic and quick to insult others based on loose threads as its blatantly a distribution decision and the BBC has decided to make it "ZOMG AMERICA HATES ATHEISM!"

If anything its proving (largely British) people are xenophobic and quick to insult others based on loose threads as its blatantly a distribution decision and the BBC has decided to make it "ZOMG AMERICA HATES ATHEISM!"

I dunno, I think people reacted more on the video posted in response than the news itself. I know that the video, for me personally, was much more shocking.

I dunno, I think people reacted more on the video posted in response than the news itself. I know that the video, for me personally, was much more shocking.

lol that read pretty funny to me like you lead a sheltered life. Ironically I am sure you are shocked because you think the people you are "shocked" at lead a sheltered life.

lol that read pretty funny to me like you lead a sheltered life. Ironically I am sure you are shocked because you think the people you are "shocked" at lead a sheltered life.

... Huh?

I didn't understand a word of that! :p

I don't lead a sheltered life, I'm just not used to the level of stupidity demonstrated by those people. Still, it's not like I haven't seen that type of people before, but I'm equally shocked every time.

Is that what you meant? :heh:

... Huh?

I didn't understand a word of that! :p

I don't lead a sheltered life, I'm just not used to the level of stupidity demonstrated by those people. Still, it's not like I haven't seen that type of people before, but I'm equally shocked every time.

Is that what you meant? :heh:

You are sheltered to American political culture is what I meant. So yeh you got it. I wasn't having a go it just made me laugh as it isn't new to me after studying american politics.

You are sheltered to American political culture is what I meant. So yeh you got it. I wasn't having a go it just made me laugh as it isn't new to me after studying american politics.

I can't remember who I was with, I think it might have actually been the first time I met Ine, but we were on a train (the Thalys, I think) and I just remember hearing these Americans a bit further down in the carriage talking about politics. It all sounded very confusing. You're a brave man for studying that, haha. It really does confuse me. I don't know why. I just hear the word "constitution" and I switch off.

I didn't know whether to feel mocked or offended, as I thought your post was worded a little strangely - no offence. :heh:

Don't be either, just struck me as a tad funny, I wasn't trying to offend or mock you.

Edited by Haden

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!