Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (XBLA, PSN, WiiWare)

Happenstance

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's amazing! O.O

Why the hell won't sega do something like that. I don't mind the graphics not being as good but this nailed the speed and feel of sonic.

That's because that pretty much is the look and feel of the old sonic games.

Mushroom Hill Zone from Sonic & Knuckles recreated in widescreen 3D. As others have pointed out, this is just a video, and not a playable game. It was animated over an actual gameplay video of S&K that I recorded. It was designed as a graphical demo to see how well classic Sonic gameplay and level design would adapt to 2.5D.

Sega are making this from scratch so it as the level designers are a differernt team, the game is inevitably going to be different.

maybe they should have left sonic in 2d. the running animation is always going to look awkward in 3d.

I think they'll find the biggest mistake they will made with this title is not making it a full retail title.

I would have loved a 2player race mode like in sonic 2. I'll never be a big fan of download content

Edited by mcj metroid

maybe they should have left sonic in 2d. the running animation is always going to look awkward in 3d.

I think they'll find the biggest mistake they will made with this title is not making it a full retail title.

I would have loved a 2player race mode like in sonic 2. I'll never be a big fan of download content

I would think about buying it if it wasn't in instalments. Buying them separately is just hassle and accordion.

You know they will probably release it all on disc once all four parts are out... well maybe anyway... I'm sure I remember seeing some kind of flow-chart thing when they were making it and it had plans for a disc release as well? unless I was imagining it but it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

*edit* found it...

1z14f4l.jpg

Edited by S.C.G

• 3 weeks later...
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!